X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Brett Favre at it Again!!

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported that Favre has recently spoken with Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a good friend from their days together in Green Bay.

The Pioneer Press reported that Favre has hired a personal trainer (tending to his farm apparently isn't providing enough manual labor).

Profootballtalk.com reported an unidentified plane flew from Minneapolis to Favre's hometown of Hattiesburg, Miss. the day after his release.

New Orleans safety Darren Sharper, a former Packers teammate, told the NFL's web site that he believes Favre will try to play another season "because he's such a competitor and he still loves football."
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Brett Favre at it Again!!

I'd like to see him play for the vikings.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

His downward spiral is just going to get worse. i wish he would have come back with the jets.

The vikings seem to be enamored with Favre, just to stick it to the packers. there are plenty of younger QB's out there with more upside than Favre and his worse play. I don't think any other team in the league would consider favre.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Lexwhat
        http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...avre-returning

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported that Favre has recently spoken with Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a good friend from their days together in Green Bay.

The Pioneer Press reported that Favre has hired a personal trainer (tending to his farm apparently isn't providing enough manual labor).

Profootballtalk.com reported an unidentified plane flew from Minneapolis to Favre's hometown of Hattiesburg, Miss. the day after his release.

New Orleans safety Darren Sharper, a former Packers teammate, told the NFL's web site that he believes Favre will try to play another season "because he's such a competitor and he still loves football."
        Favre to the Vikings would be a great move for both sides. With the Packers running game they wont ask him to sling it all day. He will run play action a lot and throw simple routes.

I can seem him winning a Super Bowl with them if the Williams' situation is sorted out.

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
          I can seem him winning a Super Bowl with them if the Williams' situation is sorted out.
          I hope you're joking...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Minnesota is a QB away from being a legitimate contender.

Favre going there would put them as one of the top 3 NFC teams, IMO.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Would the Jets get some sort of compensation because of what they gave up for Farve, him telling the Jets he was done, then signing on with some other team?

Comment

• Lexwhat
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                Favre to the Vikings would be a great move for both sides. With the Packers running game they wont ask him to sling it all day. He will run play action a lot and throw simple routes.

It would be a good fit for the Vikings, but IMO, Favre is a has-been. The Jets had a talented team last year (strong defense, strong O-line and running game), and an easy schedule, and they didn't even make the playoffs. They choked big time and Favre was partially to blame.

The NFC will be a dogfight this year. The Vikings will fight for 1 of 3 possible playoff spots (their division title or one of the 2 Wild Card spots).

For the division title, the Vikings will fight with the Packers and the greatly-improved Bears.

Among possible Wild Card teams, they'll fight with the Bears, Packers, Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Bucs, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins (of course, 3 of the aforementioned teams will win their division).

Even with Favre, I don't think the Vikings can win anymore than 1 playoff game.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                  Would the Jets get some sort of compensation because of what they gave up for Farve, him telling the Jets he was done, then signing on with some other team?
                  they released him

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

I think if he went to Minnesota he would be really good. Favre keeps shooting himself in the foot, b/c everytime he says he is retiring and then he comes back, it becomes a huge distraction. I think it is a bit ridiculous, but if he wants to come back, so what!!
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Didn't they only release him/draft Sanchez with their first selection because Farve told them he didn't want to play anymore? Had Farve been "on the fence", would the Jets have done what they did?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                        Didn't they only release him/draft Sanchez with their first selection because Farve told them he didn't want to play anymore? Had Farve been "on the fence", would the Jets have done what they did?
                        they had the option to keep him on the "retired" list and had he played it would have been for them unless they traded him. They chose to release him. End of their involvement/ end of story

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

The only thing Favre is going to accomplish by coming back and playing for Minnesota is permanently securing his legacy as the all time interception leader for QB's.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

i don't blame Favre for showing an interest. if an NFL team knocks on your door, you're not going to listen?
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Syderick
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              i don't blame Favre for showing an interest. if an NFL team knocks on your door, you're not going to listen?
                              Exactly, they were interested in him last year. Its no sure bet that'll he return, but he's sounds like he'll hear them out.
                              3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

Working...
                              X