X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

McKenzie out for season

Patriots rookie linebacker Tyrone McKenzie, who was injured during the team's rookie mini-camp last weekend, is out for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, according to a source close to the rookie.

The second of the team's two third-round picks in the 2009 NFL Draft, McKenzie was injured during the first of two practice sessions last Saturday. During a one-on-one coverage drill, McKenzie became tangled up with a running back and went down.

• psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: McKenzie out for season

Hate to see this kind of thing happen to a young kid, but as a Bills fan I'm glad we won't have to see him. Here's to a quick recovery and a very short career with the Pats.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

well it's the Patriots, so I'm sure it'll just open up a roster spot for a UDFA to come in, and he'll turn out to be even better than McKenzie.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• circlethewagons
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        well it's the Patriots, so I'm sure it'll just open up a roster spot for a UDFA to come in, and he'll turn out to be even better than McKenzie.
        Probly more incentive to land Jason Taylor...

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
          McKenzie out for season

oh well....next.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
            Hate to see this kind of thing happen to a young kid, but as a Bills fan I'm glad we won't have to see him. Here's to a quick recovery and a very short career with the Pats.
            That was nicely put.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• TheMan08
              Knocks only the living.
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Why are you so negative

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TheMan08
                Why are you so sarcastic
                fixed
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheMan08
                  Why are you so negative
                  Because I've seen it happen so many times. The Patriots get 3 injuries to starters in their defensive backfield and are forced to play a WR as a CB- they win the SB. The Patriots' starting QB gets injured- they put in a 6th round draft pick back-up who turns out to be no worse than the 2nd best QB in the game right now, arguably the best. That QB gets injured- his back-up still manages to go 11-5 and beat us twice.

Every year, someone starts a thread about how this is the year the Patriots finally collapse. Every year, a Pats player gets injured and someone starts a thread about how they're screwed. But every year, they still manage to make us their *****.

So, you can call it being negative all you want, but it's actually being realistic. The Pats do such a good job choosing personnel and such a good job executing their systems that injuries don't really affect them. It makes me sick, but it's the reality of the situation until something happens to prove otherwise.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                  X