Thread: Predicted Teams On The Decline

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Predicted Teams On The Decline

All speculation and such but at this time of year what isn't?

Six teams on the decline

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Predicted Teams On The Decline

In terms of records, I believe he's correct. The only one I might disagree with is the Chargers because honestly, the other three teams in that division just plain stink.

The Broncos traded away their franchise QB and the coach just comes across as an arrogant guy who won't get along well with the players. They loaded up on RB's while almost entirely ignoring the DL trying to transition to a 3-4. The Chiefs traded away Gonzalez, have two QB's that are really only effective running the spread, and may not have a true NT. The Raiders...are always the Raiders.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with the assessments, but the one flaw I see in his argument is that some of those teams will benefit from a lack of competition.

The AFCW blows. The NFCE could be tough but Philly lost some guys on D, and Washington and Dallas never seem to play up to their potential on paper. The NFCW also blows.

So he makes good points about all those teams but I think at least two of them will sneak back into the playoffs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tis the season for predictions. He does make some solid points, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I am surprised the Giants haven't made a serious play for Boldin at this point. Then again maybe they have and the asking price is too high.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Speculation from Florio? why not just print out the article and wipe your ass with it?

The '08 Dolphins also benefited from the absence of injuries. This season, chances are the Dolphins will be dealing with many more major and minor sprains and strains and snaps and cracks.
    Yeah because we never lost our starting guards. Oh and kindly shove that crystal ball up your ass.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Agree on Miami simply because their schedule is brutal next season. They could honestly have a better team in 2009 and go 8-8.

I have to laugh at this logic with the Titans. Still one of the best O-lines if not the best in the game, numerous players playing for big contracts. Will they win 13 again, probably not. I do see 10 or 11 wins as realistic. His logic is flawed. Why are Jacksonville and Houston going to be better? Because he says so. That sounds foolproof.

I also disagree on the Chargers. Denver wins 8 at best, KC is in serious rebuild mode and the Raiders are the Raiders. SD looks like a 10 win team to me.

I could see the Giants sliding some. I wouldn't think any decline would be severe because they have a good FO.

Minnesota is going to win 12 games next year. Their schedule is probably the most favorable of any team in the NFL.

This looks like an article that was written for the sake of writing an article.
    Titans fan. Phillies fan. Predators fan. Tennessee Vols fan.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion
    ding ding ding! we have a winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    ding ding ding! we have a winner!
    Thats Florio for you

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion
    Agree on Miami simply because their schedule is brutal next season. They could honestly have a better team in 2009 and go 8-8.

I have to laugh at this logic with the Titans. Still one of the best O-lines if not the best in the game, numerous players playing for big contracts. Will they win 13 again, probably not. I do see 10 or 11 wins as realistic. His logic is flawed. Why are Jacksonville and Houston going to be better? Because he says so. That sounds foolproof.

I also disagree on the Chargers. Denver wins 8 at best, KC is in serious rebuild mode and the Raiders are the Raiders. SD looks like a 10 win team to me.

I could see the Giants sliding some. I wouldn't think any decline would be severe because they have a good FO.

Minnesota is going to win 12 games next year. Their schedule is probably the most favorable of any team in the NFL.

While Miami may not match their record from last year, I completely disagee with the notion that they are "on the decline"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    While Miami may not match their record from last year, I completely disagee with the notion that they are "on the decline"
    Agreed. Miami will likely take a step back next year but their long-term prospects are solid if Henne pans out.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Like others, I disagree on the Chargers mostly because of their AFC West competition. I agree that Norv Turner is a loser coach who always loses more games than he should for the talent he has on his team. I think Florio's definition of teams on the decline is very short term. If he's just talking about this year, then it's valid to suggest Miami could take a step back. It's a very tough schedule for AFC East teams, and it's never a bad bet to suggest a Patriot rebound, even if Bill Belichick is a scumbag and we all hate him.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.