X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Bruce's Super Bowl Sack Stats

Can anyone provide how many sacks Bruce recorded in 4 Super Bowls?
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

1 sack for a safety in Super Bowl XXV
    1 sack in Super Bowl XXVII
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Travis Hunter
      • Jul 2002

Thanks Philster. Does anyone consider this good? Granted he didn't have much of a complement on the other side most of the time, with a small DT as well in a 3-4.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
        • Jul 2002

That would probably be average for him... figure a sack every other game is on pace to have 8 sacks in a year. Granted that is slightly less than Bruce averages but in a Superbowl you are playing the best team so you are not expected to do well.

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
          The Stoner Zoner
          • Feb 2003

Back in those days bruce saw double teams almost every snap and thats a stat that nobody counts just having him there frees up other players. So 8 sacks is a lot when you have to beat 2 guys to get them. People need to quit degrading the best DE ever too play the game.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
            Back in those days bruce saw double teams almost every snap and thats a stat that nobody counts just having him there frees up other players. So 8 sacks is a lot when you have to beat 2 guys to get them. People need to quit degrading the best DE ever too play the game.

Amen.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

If you really want a telling tale go back and look at all of Bruce's sacks and figure out how many of them were actually against the top tier left tackles or during critical points in the game. Now if you can find that you will be in for one hell of a suprise.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                Man of the People
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                If you really want a telling tale go back and look at all of Bruce's sacks and figure out how many of them were actually against the top tier left tackles or during critical points in the game. Now if you can find that you will be in for one hell of a suprise.
                i'm too lazy...please tell....
                Thank you.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Yeah you know all LT's are Pro Bowlers. What a joke. Bruce will be the all time sack leader this year and noone will be able to take that away from him! Go Bills!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

I didn't say all LTs are pro-bowlers nor am I against Bruce Smith, try reading the post before you reply.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

I did. What is supposed to mean then? Go Bills!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                        Expert on Experts
                        • Jul 2002

spaz, just asking, but is the "go bills!" after ever post really necessery?

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                          • Jul 2002

Pretty hard to get sacks when the game plan of the first Super Bowl (XXV) was run-run-run, and we were getting our butts kicked pretty bad by sencond half of the other ones that we weren't seeing a lot of sack friendly situations.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
                            Right!

And others need to quit talking about Bruce as if he's still anything better than average.

He's finished as a playmaker and marquee player. He may play for another team as a starter even, but given his propensity and proven history of making waves, it would be foolish for us to even consider him at DE for this season!

Besides, I would argue that White was better if you want to go by sacks alone. They were two totally different types of DEs. White was a power guy who had speed too although not as much as Bruce nearly. Bruce was an LT type of pass rusher where he used his speed off the corner to make huge plays but who didn't have the size/strength combo to beat out the better tackles w/ regularity on that merit alone if at all.

Smith hasn't achieved anywhere near Reggie's sack total heading into his 4th season more now. So to say he is the best is arguable. I'd definitely say he was the best "speed DE" to ever play the game, but I'd take White in two seconds over Smith for the most part. Of course certain defenses such as ours might be better suited to Bruce's style/abilities more. Past abilities that is.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

Also, how about TFL and other stats for the playoffs and SBs?

Funny, we berate Smith for not putting up in the big games while by QB standards Bledsoe has done far, far less other than "intangible" leadership crap!

At least Bruce didn't get beat and make stupid decisions time after time after time.

Funny how that works!
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X