• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Re: expensive, ridiculous, or both?

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
    once again, how good the team is has NOTHING to do with parking. That's why they sell tickets
    You pay for a whole gameday experience. There is a lot more than just tickets that go into it.

Like I said, they don't have to pay for parking. You can take a train to the stadium for $12, round trip.

This isn't exclusive to the Patriots. Parking around Fenway Park for a Red Sox game costs about $40, and they have 81 games a season. A lot of things are more expensive in this area than they are in other parts of the country. Just like New York and San Francisco.
    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 05-30-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

just saying....it doesn't have to be that expensive. I am sure the economy there makes that 8 x 12 slab of concrete more expensive to run. They are raping the fans...plain and simple. There is no defending it

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Yea LT but the fans getting ass raped are the most Obnoxious fans in the NFL so F EM! LOL

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by NE39
          How are they getting taken for a ride? Evidently, people can afford it, because they keep coming back. Incomes vary widely state-to-state and community-to-community, so the value is relative.

The team they watch is one of the best in the NFL over the last decade. I think it is a better deal to pay extra to watch a good team, in a good stadium with lots of amenities available. There may be places where fans pay half as much on gameday, but it comes down to the value they are getting for the money.
          Yeah, but they cheated.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

The price of the tickets are way up there, and that should cover the new mall, 8 restaurants, etc. The parking was $40 last year which was high enough. They didn't have to raise it to $50.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

The worst part is that the parking lot was probably funded by the taxpayers.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                The worst part is that the parking lot was probably funded by the taxpayers.
                Actually, no.

Bob Kraft built his stadium with private funding. He did receive $150M in G4 loans at a favorable interest rates as part of the league program to fund new stadiums. He also received $72M in infrastructure improvements to roads around the stadium, but the team is required to pay those back over 25 years. He made up the remainder of the stadium costs by borrowing $452M using the team as collateral.

You can hate all you want, but Kraft built his new stadium the right way. The Pats may be expensive to see, but he built a state-of-the-art stadium without public support and without charging for PSL's like the Jets and Giants. He is paying for the stadium and the maintenance (unlike Ralph Wilson, who doesn't pay rent and gets a maintenance subsidy), which is why it costs so much to see the team play.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

I don't understand why people are making an issue out of what the Patriots charge for parking. As NE39 mentioned, they are building an amazing new stadium and Kraft isn't sticking taxpayers with the bill (unlike Ralph Wilson).

The Chicago Bears charge $45 for game-day parking in premium lots. And if you wanna talk about rip-offs, the Redskins (perennial losers) charge $40 for game-day parking and even charge fans $10 just to watch off-season practice. If not that, try looking up the personal seat license costs that the Cowboys and Giants/Jets are going to charge.

This is not Buffalo. There is far more demand for Patriots-related goods, and people there are more than willing to shell out the money.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

There's no "issues". Most of us think $50. to park is a lot of money, that's all.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                      There's no "issues". Most of us think $50. to park is a lot of money, that's all.
                      I agree $50 is a lot. I would never pay that myself.

But I wasn't implying that you were making an issue out of it. Sorry if it came across that way!

LtFinFan said it's "not right" for them to charge that much. I disagree. Gameday tickets are not the only source of a team's revenue (far from it). IMHO, charging $50 for game-day parking is no more ridiculous than charging $6 for a slice of pizza at the airport, $5 for a large soda at a movie theatre, $4 for bottled water at an amusement park, $12 for a cosmo at the bar, etc...

It's a premium price that people are obviously willing to pay. The parking lot is guarenteed to be full on gamedays. Those who don't want to pay the $50 shouldn't park there.

I think it's just basic economics. Why would a businessman charge any less when he knows he can get maximum profit by charging $50?

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                        Actually, no.

Bob Kraft built his stadium with private funding. He did receive $150M in G4 loans at a favorable interest rates as part of the league program to fund new stadiums. He also received $72M in infrastructure improvements to roads around the stadium, but the team is required to pay those back over 25 years. He made up the remainder of the stadium costs by borrowing $452M using the team as collateral.

You can hate all you want, but Kraft built his new stadium the right way. The Pats may be expensive to see, but he built a state-of-the-art stadium without public support and without charging for PSL's like the Jets and Giants. He is paying for the stadium and the maintenance (unlike Ralph Wilson, who doesn't pay rent and gets a maintenance subsidy), which is why it costs so much to see the team play.
                        Wow, what a guy. He did it all by himself.

Comment

Working...
                        X