Thread: Kevin Haslam

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kevin Haslam, OG, Rutgers

From WalterFootball.com:
    Kevin Haslam, Rutgers
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 282.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.03.
    Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.

2/10/09: Missed some time with a few injuries as a junior.

7/28/08: Kevin Haslam played some tackle at Rutgers, but spent most of his time at right guard. He started six games in 2007.

Comments:
    12/05- vs. West Va- Starts at RT. Has a tall and fairly thin body. Slides pretty well and maintains his blocks. Quick enough. Athletic enough to run a zone blocking scheme. Does a real good job sliding and forming a pocket at the edge. Stays squared to the defender and locks on. Good pass blocking technique. Slightly below average strength, he will struggle at times to get push in the run game. But, he plays athletic and nasty in that regard as well. I like him as a project type OT. If he builds strength and adds to his frame, he could be pretty good due to his solid technique. I don't think he should move to G. His above average height and athleticism may make him a misfit at G where he can get blown back by bull rush, and where his athleticism wont be used as much. I think he may have a chance to play RT or even LT in the NFL. I see a 5th-7th round grade as a OT prospect.

12/12/09- vs. UCF, St. Petersburg Bowl- Will get tripped up at times when trying to slide in pass protection. Really athletic but lacks ideal strength and footwork.

Links:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/563681
    http://rutgers.scout.com/a.z?s=183&p=8&c=1&nid=2708564
    Last edited by X-Era; 03-20-2010 at 09:47 AM.