Thread: BMN...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BMN...

that's a real tough break with Eliot Williams. Seemed like a good kid, and he was a serious baller. Sucks that he had to leave under these circumstances. But what on earth is K going to come up with to deal with that fact that you're now down to 2 guards? K is as good as they get at basketball strategy, but this is ridiculous. Singler as point forward? 2-3 zone? Zoubek at the 2?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: BMN...

Had to leave? Now the thugs are on the UM basketball team?

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    Had to leave? Now the thugs are on the UM basketball team?
    You have NO clue what you're talking about... We're talking Duke basketball, and he had to leave because of a family illness, so he's transferring to a school closer to home...

ajsdx, Yeah man, it sucks, totally unexpected. I went from thinking we'd be incredible if Henderson stayed, to him being gone and now Williams too. Now we only have two returning players in the backcourt. I guess the freshmen are going to have to step it up big time. I miss the days when nobody left Duke early, ever...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    You have NO clue what you're talking about... We're talking Duke basketball, and he had to leave because of a family illness, so he's transferring to a school closer to home...

ajsdx, Yeah man, it sucks, totally unexpected. I went from thinking we'd be incredible if Henderson stayed, to him being gone and now Williams too. Now we only have two returning players in the backcourt. I guess the freshmen are going to have to step it up big time. I miss the days when nobody left Duke early, ever...
    I was actually making a joke at the fact that you don't like UM basketball, and I did not know what happened to Williams. Poor joke.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's aite bling, you didn't know.

But definitely, I remember not too long ago the projected duke roster including Henderson and possibly Wall...a team that would definitely have been one of the favorites to win the title. Like you said, with Henderson, duke is still a favorite to at least reach the final four. It's amazing how quickly things change through no fault of duke's own.

Do you think you guys will run a zone? I don't really see any other options, despite the fact that K and his mentor bobby knight hate the zone like sean may hates not eating donuts.