X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Please expect very little from Maybin.

Chris Brown already prepped us on bb.com that Maybin is not a 4 down player this year directly because of his size. There is a good chance he'll be lined up at the OLB position on passing downs.

This sounds like Hargrove without the experience and size.

So why is everyone thinking that this is some major upgrade?

Ellis didn't get a sack last year and I expect less from Maybin.

Maybin, until proven otherwise, is a workout warrior who figured out how to pack 25 pounds onto a frame that only can support 225. When he weighs the same 225by the end of the season I doubt we see him much on the field.
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

Re: Please expect very little from Maybin.

I don't agree with the entire post. Maybin will not lose all the weight this year. He is still pretty young. Only 21. You usually don't grow into your frame until you are about 24. You'd be surprised. For instance all through high school and up until I was 22 I weighed 145-155 range now I'm almost 24 and I weigh 170. I am not sure what Maybin will done year one on the field. I hoping that he at least gets two sacks. I'm not expecting anything more even though I made a bet.
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

A frame that can only handle 225???? That is a fabrication. Complete, total 100% fabrication.

You expect less from Maybin than they got from Ellis?

You make thing sup like the 225 part and you wonder why people get pissed at you. You start a thread like this that is clearly designed to provoke an angry response and not actual discussion and you will ***** when somebody takes the bait you put out there.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        What, will he have negative sacks? What's a negative sack?

HH, you used to be a decent poster
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

He's an instigator now, Phil

He went from being a fair, but critical poster to a person trying to instigate.

I did not like the Myabin pick, but saying he contribute less than Ellis (who played in only about 5 games) is ridiculous Saying Maybin's frame only can support 225 is a false too.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            A frame that can only handle 225???? That is a fabrication. Complete, total 100% fabrication.

You expect less from Maybin than they got from Ellis?

You make thing sup like the 225 part and you wonder why people get pissed at you. You start a thread like this that is clearly designed to provoke an angry response and not actual discussion and you will ***** when somebody takes the bait you put out there.
            He put 25 pounds on in less than 4 months. What am I fabricating about?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
              What, will he have negative sacks? What's a negative sack?

HH, you used to be a decent poster

I expect him to have less of an impact than Ellis. Less playing time and less pressure.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

He put 25 pounds on in less than 4 months. What am I fabricating about?
                Look at his body. He was a 20-21 year old guy when he did that. His frame is big enough to handle more than 225 (not to mention he was over 230 while at Penn St - details, details). The weight he was at was small for his frame.

I never said you fabricated the weight gain. What you did was lower his starting weight and somehow decide that people are done adding weight at age 21 and that he has a small frame only worthy of 225 pounds.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

I expect him to have less of an impact than Ellis. Less playing time and less pressure.
                  Ellis played about 5 or 6 games last year and did nothing. I am not sure he had more than one or two pressures.

Barring injury, Maybin will do more than that.

I did not like the pick either, but this is hyperbole.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

He's an instigator now, Phil

He went from being a fair, but critical poster to a person trying to instigate.

I did not like the Myabin pick, but saying he contribute less than Ellis (who played in only about 5 games) is ridiculous Saying Maybin's frame only can support 225 is a false too.

The guy weighed 227 and put on 25 pounds for the combine? What is the fabrication?

Anyone who has played sports knows that loading on weight that fast and keeping it in on during an entire season is almost impossible.

I'm not trying to instigate at all. I've read here, and in the media, that we need Maybin to produce and it's just not going to happen in 2009.

I believe someone like Wood or Steve Johnson could actually live up to, or even exceed expectations and help the team.

I just don't put Maybin on the list.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
                      • Mar 2006

Chris Brown already prepped us on bb.com that Maybin is not a 4 down player this year directly because of his size. There is a good chance he'll be lined up at the OLB position on passing downs.

Maybin, until proven otherwise, is a workout warrior who figured out how to pack 25 pounds onto a frame that only can support 225. When he weighs the same 225by the end of the season I doubt we see him much on the field.

Chris Ellis didnt have the same production in college that Aaron did. Plus, you have to love his attitude about the game and his work ethic. That being said this year I dont expect a ton from him, but he will get more reps than Ellis did last year, especially in passing situations.

I can see him getting 4 to 5 sacks this year, giving him something to build on.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Look at his body. He was a 20-21 year old guy when he did that. His frame is big enough to handle more than 225 (not to mention he was over 230 while at Penn St - details, details). The weight he was at was small for his frame.

I never said you fabricated the weight gain. What you did was lower his starting weight and somehow decide that people are done adding weight at age 21 and that he has a small frame only worthy of 225 pounds.
                        To be exact it was neither 225 or 230. It was 227 pounds. He weighed that in Decemeber and than weighed 252 at the combine.

Fact is he gained 25 pound in 90 days.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx
                          Chris Ellis didnt have the same production in college that Aaron did. Plus, you have to love his attitude about the game and his work ethic. That being said this year I dont expect a ton from him, but he will get more reps than Ellis did last year, especially in passing situations.

I can see him getting 4 to 5 sacks this year, giving him something to build on.
                          So he's as good as Mario Williams because he had 4.5 his first year and I beleive he played alot more downs than Maybin is going to see.

Comment

• scartown
                            • Dec 2008

I don't know many people that thought Maybin will come in and be a big contributor this year. He will come in play on passing downs and be mixed in more on early downs as the season goes. Also to say his frame can only support 225 lbs is pure speculation and wrong imo . He just turned 21 and will be getting into a NFL weight program for the first time. Do I think he will keep the weight he gained this year through out the whole season, no. I am also not looking for him to come in and be a world beater right now.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

I don't want Maybin to be a 4 down player. Because that 4th down is ST's.
                              Or the character issues, or the 3rd round talent/draft status. But otherwise EXACTLY the same.
                              Can I borrow that crystal ball?
                              Yes Ellis, a 3rd rounder who barely saw the field, got no sacks. Maybin as a 1st rounder will see the field a LOT more, and surely won't get negative sacks, as has already been (laughingly) mentioned.
                              Gotta love those workout warriors who get 12 sacks as a 20-year old redshirt sophomore and at 225#! And the claim that he can only support 225# is probably one of the most ill-informed, if not outright dumb, statements I've ever heard.

I agree that you used to be a good poster, HH. That is, unless you're getting paid for every post and/or reply, which would make these posts make more sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X