• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

NFL Sunday Ticket deals

Has anyone called to "cancel" their Sunday Ticket yet?

I just called to cancel and they gave me $60 off plus free superfan.

If anyone else wants to do this, just say "cancel sunday ticket" at the first prompt, and it sends you right to the customer retention center.

I just told them I couldn't afford the $269 plus the $99 super fan. Total savings = $160!

I've heard of people getting better deals too...like showtime free for 6 months on top of what I got. Just a heads up...

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket deals

By the way, there was no hassle. They practically threw the offer at me as soon as I told them why I wasn't going to renew.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
      • Aug 2007

Thanks for the info. I called and told them what they did for you. They gave me the same deal and gave me free HD Access for a year (i think thats like 5 bucks a month)

Thanks man!!!

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
        • Aug 2007

Just like you said, no hassle and off the phone within 5 minutes

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

It doesn't work/apply in damn Mexico!
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Thanks. I've been meaning to do this as well. It looks like I'll be calling within the next couple of days.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
              • Jul 2002

I called to cancel and the guy was like "its done" and was gonna just end the call. I then mentioned the deals I saw online and he transferred me. I was able to finally get $20 off per month for 6 months (making it 24.99 for 6 months is $150) plus free showtime for 6 months. I was not able to get free superfan however. I was paying $11 per month for showtime anyway, so thats a savings of $198.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tanked
                I called to cancel and the guy was like "its done" and was gonna just end the call. I then mentioned the deals I saw online and he transferred me. I was able to finally get $20 off per month for 6 months (making it 24.99 for 6 months is $150) plus free showtime for 6 months. I was not able to get free superfan however. I was paying $11 per month for showtime anyway, so thats a savings of $198.
                Just got the same deal.

Comment

• T-Long
                  Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                  • Sep 2003

THANK YOU!!!!

I just got off the phone with them and told them exactly what you did, and they told me they could give me a $60 discount if I decided not to cancel! They didn't mention the SuperFan, so I brought it up and said, "What is the total price of the package b/c I do get the SuperFan?" She then told me that she could actually give me SuperFan for FREE and that I would also get $60 off!!!!

I appreciate it!!! You just saved me almost 200 bucks!!!!

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Got 120 off. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i am a little nervous to call because i have had the nfl ticket since 1998 and i dont have any other programming.. i got grandfathered in.. i just use direct tv for the ticket in my sportsroom and then have comcast for all the other tvs in other rooms. they may say "good, we have been waiting to get rid of you." and cancel me..
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        i am a little nervous to call because i have had the nfl ticket since 1998 and i dont have any other programming.. i got grandfathered in.. i just use direct tv for the ticket in my sportsroom and then have comcast for all the other tvs in other rooms. they may say "good, we have been waiting to get rid of you." and cancel me..
                        Just tell them that you have friends receiving deals on Sunday Ticket and as a long time customer, you feel you should be entitled to the same deal

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          Don't worry about it...when someone goes to cancel, they have to have a screen put up with an offer that the customer service people have to offer before doing the cancellation. How else can you explain the majority of us getting the same offer. Even if you cancel, you can still call back and get it! The early bird offer is still going on...or if you truly think they are going to cancel it, just bring up that you really do want to keep it, but with the economy, its going to be tough. Ask what the total price of the package is again and I guarantee you that they try to keep you.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

yeah.. i will definately call tomorrow.. i just know if it is cancelled, then if i resubscribe, i would have to have some kind of base programming package.. which would cost me a lot more money. i will see what they say.. i will just go with "my friend got this deal, i want to see what you guys can do for me".
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                              • May 2005

I called to cancel about a month and a half ago, and they just flat out took it off, didn't offer anything. I might have to call and see if I can't weasel some sort of deal out of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X