• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Maybin at LB has legs

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
    You guys are funny. You would say the team is dumb for putting Maybin in a position to fail. When there is word they have decided to put him in a position to best utilize his talents they are also dumb....
    I assume the second dumb is because this is necessary in the first place. So it's a different angle on the first dumb.

And if Maybin is moved to LB, who are the ends in a three-man line? Schobel and Kelsay???
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
      I assume the second dumb is because this is necessary in the first place. So it's a different angle on the first dumb.

And if Maybin is moved to LB, who are the ends in a three-man line? Schobel and Kelsay???
      I think it was obvious that Replacing Ellison was the biggest need, followed by need for pass rush. This would kill two birds with one stone.

I do hear you on Kelsey still being the Starting end though.... Wish Ellis would step up.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

I think it was obvious that Replacing Ellison was the biggest need, followed by need for pass rush. This would kill two birds with one stone.

I do hear you on Kelsey still being the Starting end though.... Wish Ellis would step up.
        But on a three-man line, you need bigger linemen. Unless it's a line of all DTs with Schobel and Maybin as the rushing OLBs, what's the point of a 3-4?
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

But on a three-man line, you need bigger linemen. Unless it's a line of all DTs with Schobel and Maybin as the rushing OLBs, what's the point of a 3-4?
          Ah... just run a 5-2.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Thing is I don't tihnk it will be 3-4 all the time though but it will be utilized.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

You guys are funny. You would say the team is dumb for putting Maybin in a position to fail. When there is word they have decided to put him in a position to best utilize his talents they are also dumb....
              The team is dumb because Thurm likes them.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by NE39
                Dick Jauron has said the Bills will mix in some 3-4 looks this year, and I imagine Maybin will play some OLB in those sets.
                Exactly... They are not going to use Maybin as a SLB. They are going to use him like DeMarcus Ware or Merriman. Just stand him up on the edge on 3rd down and let him attack.

The most they would do is let him fake a rush and drop off into zone coverage. You wont see Maybin line up over the TE and cover him man to man like a traditional cover 2 LB in a base set.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

I don't care where Maybin plays as long as he is having an impact

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I hope he's one of those 'tweeners like Terrell Suggs.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                    X