X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hemlepp53
    • Jul 2004

Re: T.O. doesn't like the no huddle, jabs Patriots

TO wasnt brought in for ticket sales or apperal sales... he was brought here to make plays in the Red Zone. He was brought here to fill the slot for BIG STRONG WR .. same reason we drafted Hardy.. Red Zone Presence... TO is a proven TD machine and that is why he is here. The ticket and apperal sales are just a bonus. His signing another season w/ Buffalo will depend on the seasons outcome.
    @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Hemlepp53
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      The TO move was the brainchild of Jauron.

Basically, Dick said that if he is in a must win situation, that TO is a way to help produce a winner. So he requested he be brought in.

I think he has this archived on his site (www.salsports.com).

If I have a chance, I'll try to find the story tonight. But the TO signing was a Jauron request, as odd as it sounds
      First thing Dick did since coming on board that makes Football sense....
      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        The TO move was the brainchild of Jauron.

Basically, Dick said that if he is in a must win situation, that TO is a way to help produce a winner. So he requested he be brought in.

I think he has this archived on his site (www.salsports.com).

If I have a chance, I'll try to find the story tonight. But the TO signing was a Jauron request, as odd as it sounds.
        Thank you.

Edwards said he called Jauron so I'm not sure how it became his idea. Was getting rid of the entire o-line his way of getting the most out of a "must win" situation?

Sorry but Russ Brandon's hand were all over that deal.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
          I had no idea, first time I've heard of it was when Miami started using it under Sporano.
          i mean, they certainly used it in a way the NFL hadnt really seen but from what I've read about it, its basically a variation of the Wing-T offense that has been around a while.

I wouldnt have a problem using it sparingly, I just dont see it be as effective again as the Phins used it last year, as teams can prepare more for it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
            TO wasnt brought in for ticket sales or apperal sales... he was brought here to make plays in the Red Zone. He was brought here to fill the slot for BIG STRONG WR .. same reason we drafted Hardy.. Red Zone Presence... TO is a proven TD machine and that is why he is here. The ticket and apperal sales are just a bonus. His signing another season w/ Buffalo will depend on the seasons outcome.

Than why get rid of your o-line?

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Owens was asked if he had anything special up his sleeve for Monday night.

"No, but I might bring my spy camera out"

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                • Jul 2004

Walker wasnt our OLine... He was the weakest link with the majority of the experience in the line. He was constantly struggling at LT. I am not saying we should keep him for rotational work on the line but that is a BIG $$$ Hit for a back up.
                @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Than why get rid of your o-line?
                  Because it was not good enough?

Of all the things they did this offseason, I am not upset that they have gone with a new approach to the O-line and how they are built. The idea of having the heaviest O-line was not working. So they are trying something new.

It might not work and the timing of the Walker move is not good, but I have no problem with getting rid of underacheivers (i.e. Dockery and to an extent Peters) or guys not good enough (Fowler, Preston)
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                    • Jul 2004

TO said nothing wrong. He is speaking from the standpoint of a WR in the offense. He would know better than any of us if it will work out or hinder our sucess. TO is the one guy on that team who I know for sure wants to Win.. not just for TEAM reasons but he has the next few years of his career on the line with his production. If he has a **** season his stock and value drops. I trust in TO more than Trent at this point in the season. He could of blown it up and when asked how he felt he could of said "You tell me how well it worked in preseason. No TDs... several INTs..."
                    @Hemlepp53

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      scary part is that if the PAts shut down TO , he will have to make excuses and start blaming people on the team after all his trash talk.
                      Also scary is that the Pats brought in Shawn Springs after we brought in TO. Springs has a reputation for shutting down Owens. For some reason he just consistantly matches up well against him. He's had that kryptonite effect on 81 for the last few years.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

What I will never understand about Jauron is why he tells the media what his intentions are. Shouldn't he just zip it and let people draw their own conclusions.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                          Walker wasnt our OLine... He was the weakest link with the majority of the experience in the line. He was constantly struggling at LT. I am not saying we should keep him for rotational work on the line but that is a BIG $$$ Hit for a back up.
                          Walker was our most consistent lineman last year. Hes nothing special in run blocking, but was very good in pass blocking. At LT? He may not have been able to handle the speed rushers on the left side, but I'd have stuck him back at RT myself..

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

I love the no huddle when it's executed properly and that is the problem with this team.

I can't wait for TO to flip on Jauron and Edwards.

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

wow, i figured that walker would be released, but not before the end of the 2009 season.

I figured Turk wouldn't last, but not before the start of the 2009 season

I figured TO would crack but not before a single game was played....perhaps TO should talk to the board members who tell him to just hang in there. we are 0-0 right now.

Comment

• thenry20
                                • Jan 2004

I don't have issues with the no huddle but you need a consistently average D to make it work properly. We don't have that yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X