Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, MNF

Thanks
    Thanked 24,456 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So, MNF

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    why did you come back exactly? Welcome for the past help with pics for your draft guide.
    I was bored, and I got back home after months away.

I thanked and credited you for your past help, what more do you want? Finding pics isnt the equivalent and finding some golden ticket. Secondly I didnt even attack so get your panties out of the wad. I simply called attention to the fact that was RS has mentioned has been off the field issues coupled with on the field mistakes which you asked for him to list. Then you come out of LF with some off the wall question akin to telling somebody they are the smartest kid in class of special needs children. I mean come on, if you want to talk about Favre then talk about Favre, but don't expect everyone to glorify him. He has plenty of haters and he's earned many of them. If you love the guy, you love him, if you hate him, you hate him. What the hell is the difference? He's still a HOF QB.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't defend his wishy-washy stuff. Simply his play currently with a healthy throwing arm. that was my point. he can still sling the rock with the best of them

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy

I thanked and credited you for your past help, what more do you want? Finding pics isnt the equivalent and finding some golden ticket. Secondly I didnt even attack so get your panties out of the wad. I simply called attention to the fact that was RS has mentioned has been off the field issues coupled with on the field mistakes which you asked for him to list. Then you come out of LF with some off the wall question akin to telling somebody they are the smartest kid in class of special needs children. I mean come on, if you want to talk about Favre then talk about Favre, but don't expect everyone to glorify him. He has plenty of haters and he's earned many of them. If you love the guy, you love him, if you hate him, you hate him. What the hell is the difference? He's still a HOF QB.
    I was simply talking about his skill throwing the football. The other stuff I wasn't discussing at this time. Sorry but I was really impressed last night

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't defend his wishy-washy stuff. Simply his play currently with a healthy throwing arm. that was my point. he can still sling the rock with the best of them
    Nobody disagreed with that, but you also have to account for his two years in GB prior to his final year there. His last play with the Packers and how he totally fell apart at the end of last year as well. He has played lights out so far and its been fun to watch. He looks like the Favre of old but can anybody really have confidence that its going to last at this point?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I negged Lecter too so it wasn't personal DB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

true lecter, but please don't answer for others...they can answer themselves. you can expect another neg though simply based on your comment....and you know you deserve it
    Last edited by LtFinFan66; 10-06-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

true lecter, but please don't answer for others...they can answer themselves. you can expect another neg though simply based on your comment....and you know you deserve it
    It was funny though. You gotta admit that......
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You missed me. That is the real reason. And Ruth. You missed her too.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It was funny though. You gotta admit that......
    if puking is funny..then yeah

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    He held a franchise hostage for years on end then he retired.

Favre is a ****ing joke.

They did NOT want to demote him. HE RETIRED. They didn't force him into retirement. He is an adult, not a child. If he didn't want to retire, he didn't have to. I cannot believe how many people actually think Green Bay forced him into anything or "demoted" him.
    He has the right to change his mind, like anybody else in sports. There are a lot of guys that retire and decide they aren't ready to retire and come back. GB wasn't guilty of demoting him or forcing him out. It is there choice to go in another direction. What i had a huge problem was, give him his Full Release or accept a trade to where he wanted to go. They did not give him that. They did not even give him choice to be traded to a list of teams he chose. they made the list and he came to NY. Minnesota was where he wanted to play due to system, coaching, and to prove a point to GB. Offering the 10 Million was like blackmail. They didn't offer him that originally as a thank you. They brought that out to stop him from going elsewhere and possibly exposing a bad decision. GB and favre were both wrong on how it was handled. But Brett deserved better after everything he did in GB. They should have let him go to Minnesota from the start. Oh well. I guess delaying it one year was worth it. We knew Brett would get a chance to beat GB.
    Last edited by StuffEmDefense; 10-06-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I negged Lecter too so it wasn't personal DB
    Don't worry Lt I didnt take it personally.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You missed me. That is the real reason. And Ruth. You missed her too.
    No I really missed Mybills and Patti actually.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

cool

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No I really missed Mybills and Patti actually.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When they drafted Aaron Rogers it was a clear sign of Favre's demotion, whether they demoted him or not.

The guy can play football. He is still proving that he is starter material, not some backup idiot like Trent.

Clearly, some people just hate him.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    When they drafted Aaron Rogers it was a clear sign of Favre's demotion, whether they demoted him or not.

The guy can play football. He is still proving that he is starter material, not some backup idiot like Trent.

Clearly, some people just hate him.
    Oh I know. How dare the Packers prepare for the future by grooming the next QB. Teams that do that are so horrible.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And before we hand this guy the Super Bowl, please remember that the Bills also started out 4-0 last year. This is far from over. AND he still has to play in GB this year. That game might be kinda tough for him.

I was very impressed with the way Rodgers played last night for the most part. That kid doesn't get his full due because of all this Favre nonsense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    Oh I know. How dare the Packers prepare for the future by grooming the next QB. Teams that do that are so horrible.
    No, they did the right thing. I'm basically looking at it from Favre's view point. I understand him wanting to retire, or be traded, instead of taking the demotion that was eventually going to happen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    No, they did the right thing. I'm basically looking at it from Favre's view point. I understand him wanting to retire, or be traded, instead of taking the demotion that was eventually going to happen.
    They were simply preparing, but they never forced him to do anything. He consistently waited and waited and waited, sometimes into training camp, before announcing his decision. They got sick of his BS head games. But all of that aside...HE RETIRED. He cryed and carried on about leaving the game. He got the cover of Madden, was having his jersey retired, was getting everything he wanted. This guy is an egomaniac and loves the attention.

If you retire, fine do it. If he wanted to start and the Packers truly wanted Rodgers to take over, they would've dealt with that accordingly. But to say they "forced" him into retirement is crazy talk. Favre has been playing the victim for so long and quite a few people do see it.

Almost as bad as all of this is, the Vikings fan who wear Favre jerseys are almost worse in my opinion. That guy was public enemy #1 for 16 years in Minnesota and now they love him? That is unbelievable.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't say they forced him into retirement.