Is Jim Kelly Getting More Involved With This Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Is Jim Kelly Getting More Involved With This Team?

Thurman eluded to it yesterday on the Schoop Show and they were talking about it today on WGR. They think Jimbo has something in the works. Thurman acted like he knew something but couldn't reveal it. He truly would be our best chance at influencing Ralph Wilson. I'm thinking there are going to be some big changes when this thing finally goes down and he is going to be right in the middle of it all.
    Last edited by mchurchfie; 10-06-2009, 09:06 AM.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Is Jim Kelly Getting More Involved With This Team?

if jim kelly can come through and save this team from its self and from moving, that's bigger than winning any of those 4 superbowls in my mind.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I hope Kelly is lining up a serious group of investors to keep this team in Buffalo, and positioning himself to become involved on the football side of the business.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I think Kelly is planning to come in and play qb.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Commissioner
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Funny cause i had a dream last night that he came in off the bench to replace Trent and led a comeback at the Ralph and the stadium rushed the field afterwards...

Probably had something to do with Favre looking awesome last night...
          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Commissioner
            Funny cause i had a dream last night that he came in off the bench to replace Trent and led a comeback at the Ralph and the stadium rushed the field afterwards...

Probably had something to do with Favre looking awesome last night...
            Or a pizza with everything.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
              • Feb 2009

Man this is speculation but this would be awesome. This would be the best news I've ever heard in terms of the Bills. That means no Jauron and I wouldn't have to fear never seeing another superbowl for Buffalo.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

we need a new direction I can not accept this crap anymore... and none of us deserves such a half ass effort this team delivers from the top down.

I hope there is truth to this rumor... Ralph himself has to realize he is a problem.. but I always felt he really didn't care as long as he had his toy to play with

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Kelly please do something positive i cant take much more negative
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

I often hate on people that do this, but..

about 2 years ago my cousin talked with Jimbo's brother at a charity event and he indicated Jimbo was in fact really trying to get investors together.

take it with a grain of salt, im just relaying something I heard.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i don't know why they wait for Ralph's passing. He and his family would be better with the cash payout...the new owners would be better inclined to take ownership now instead of letting years lapse in between glory years.

The clock is ticking for the fans. We're being blackmailed to support this crap team. Give us a winner or give us death! Sadly for the bills it's the reverse. Give us death then give us a winner.

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        I just got wood!
                        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Calm down people, if anything its probably just RWS hiring on Kelly as a consultant of sorts. If there was an ownership group readying an offer we would of heard about it by now.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Calm down people, if anything its probably just RWS hiring on Kelly as a consultant of sorts. If there was an ownership group readying an offer we would of heard about it by now.
                            Kelly has been saying or implying that there is a group for years now.

I don't think there is much to it, but he has thrown it out there.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

I think the group should just offer the money and get this thing done. It's ridiculous for Ralph to say that he wants to be the sole owner. That'd be fine if he was a good owner. But he's tossed two of the best GM's out on their ass for reasons unbeknownst to us. And then he couldn't get lucky three times in a row with TD and now is just too old to care.

Pull in a Jimbo, let him build a team. Honestly, i can't see a former player doing worse than what is currently set up. At this point of bills awfulness, i'd rather have matt Millen calling the shots than Brandon and Co.

Comment

Working...
                              X