Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the Pats ran it up on the Titans because of the loss last week?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you think the Pats ran it up on the Titans because of the loss last week?

Anybody?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Do you think the Pats ran it up on the Titans because of the loss last week?

no, it's because the Titans are suddenly horrible, had like 6 turnovers and -7 passing yards and the Pats know what to do when the other team turns it over
    Last edited by LtFinFan66; 10-18-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Do you think the Pats ran it up on the Titans because of the loss last week?

IMO yes, going for it on 4th down when the game is already over.
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

had they left Brady in after one 3rd quarter series, then I may agree

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's probably just me, but I don't understand passing when you're up 42-0. I know it's still the first half and there's always a "possibility" of a comeback...but come on, you really need to score that badly?

In my opinion, they were just racking up stats for Moss/Welker/Brady.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sure they were. And I have no problem with it. The Titans are a professional team. You want them to stop? Stop them.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

once again the age old quote comes to mind...."If you don't like it- stop it"

And I hate the Pats with a passion.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,470 Times in 14,178 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I dont think they were running it up, but I think they were trying to make a statement.

Nothing wrong with what they did what so ever.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    had they left Brady in after one 3rd quarter series, then I may agree
    They brought him and the rest of the starters back into the game in the 3rd quarter 45-0. Then made it 52-0 with Tom's 6th TD.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

yeah...like I said, one 3rd quarter series

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i didn't see the game so i couldn't tell you. it just surprises me how bad the Titans have become though.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    i didn't see the game so i couldn't tell you. it just surprises me how bad the Titans have become though.
    I believe they quit on Fisher...or the whole McNair thing got to the team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think they 'ran it up' The Patriots only had 14 points in the second half - I think they took it easy after the half.

Imagine if a team 'took it easy' in the FIRST half and got beat? Fans would be furious. Remember that the Bills beat the Oilers in the miracle comeback playoff game when the Oilers had a 32 point lead? What if the game had finished 35 to 3, or whatever the widest margin was? Would someone had accused Houston of 'running it up'? Bet Houston wished they could have gone into the half of that game 45-0

A professional team tries to score as much as they can, IMO. The Titans are just THAT bad, as this game showed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    I believe they quit on Fisher...or the whole McNair thing got to the team.
    Their DB's must be really broken up about McNair, because they didn't cover anyone. They literally let guys go and didn't even bother covering them. It was the saddest display of pass defense I've ever seen. How does Wes Welker get downfield without a guy within 15 yards of him?

I don't think it has to do with McNair, but the Titans rolled over like puppies yesterday. That wasn't NFL effort. I've seen bad teams before, but I don't remember seeing a team try less than the Titans yesterday.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    Their DB's must be really broken up about McNair, because they didn't cover anyone. They literally let guys go and didn't even bother covering them. It was the saddest display of pass defense I've ever seen. How does Wes Welker get downfield without a guy within 15 yards of him?

I don't think it has to do with McNair, but the Titans rolled over like puppies yesterday. That wasn't NFL effort. I've seen bad teams before, but I don't remember seeing a team try less than the Titans yesterday.
    I threw in the McNair thing as an afterthought...it is amazing the difference in this team in a year. Could the McNair thing have gotten to the coaches?

Regardless, I don't see how Fisher can keep his job if they only win 2.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    yeah...like I said, one 3rd quarter series
    The score was 45-0 by halftime. Then they decide to bring Tom Brady and the starters back into game again. They then decided to run aggressively and greedy. It wasn't taking it easy, they wanted to unnecessarily score as much as they could.
    Last edited by Syderick; 10-19-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve
    I don't think they 'ran it up' The Patriots only had 14 points in the second half - I think they took it easy after the half.

Imagine if a team 'took it easy' in the FIRST half and got beat? Fans would be furious. Remember that the Bills beat the Oilers in the miracle comeback playoff game when the Oilers had a 32 point lead? What if the game had finished 35 to 3, or whatever the widest margin was? Would someone had accused Houston of 'running it up'? Bet Houston wished they could have gone into the half of that game 45-0

A professional team tries to score as much as they can, IMO. The Titans are just THAT bad, as this game showed.
    Oilers helped by beating themselves. They got greedy and turned the ball over, they're defense collapsed...etc. Interesting had they just tried to go conservative and run the clock they'd probably win.

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wink Re: Do you think the Pats ran it up on the Titans because of the loss last week?

I hate the Pats, and of course they ran it up on the Titans, but if I remember correctly our 90's team did the same at times as well.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInRoch
    Sure they were. And I have no problem with it. The Titans are a professional team. You want them to stop? Stop them.
    Totally agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62

In my opinion, they were just racking up stats for Moss/Welker/Brady.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!