I just want to make sure I know who the people are that want Fitz as the starter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I just want to make sure I know who the people are that want Fitz as the starter!

The guy had a 40% completion precentage. He had a 51 QB rating.

Somehow he's earned a starting position? Please post your support for this guy as the starter over Edwards. I want to see the names.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: I just want to make sure I know who the people are that want Fitz as the starter!

I vote for Fitz to start over the concussed Edwards. Isn't it a no brainer?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Re: I just want to make sure I know who the people are that want Fitz as the starter!

Originally posted by yordad
      I vote for Fitz to start over the concussed Edwards. Isn't it a no brainer?
      Isn't it about getting the highest draft pick right now anyways?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
        Isn't it a no brainer?
        don't make personal attacks at HH please.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
          Isn't it about getting the highest draft pick right now anyways?
          Yeah, but that doesn't mean I want Trent to concuss his concussion.

In the end, I think the players deserve whoever gives them the best chance. I am sure they want to win, and I am on their side.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Buckets
            • Jun 2003

I vote for Fitz to start next week.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

After Carolina we will have much more to go on.

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

While i don't think Fitzpatrick is an upgrade over Edwards, because i truly feel both are not good and both should be backups. But, i think Fitzpatrick can win more ball games for the Bills because he has nothing to lose. He will take shots down the field. While Edwards is afriad of throwing the INT, Fitz i don't think will really care. He proved it on Sunday. He made tons of horrid throws and that's why he shouldn't be starting but the bottom line is, our QB corps is Hamdan, Edwards and him.

Second of all, it's completly unfair to throw him under the bus for the way he played in New York. The weather was horrid and he was threw into the fire out of the blue. It's hard for a QB to enter a game cold and play well. And it almost never happens. Fitzpatrick will get the entire week, knowing he'll be starting in Carolina (i'm assuming Edwards will be ruled out but they just havn't said anything yet officially) and will work with the first team players. Probably for the first time all season.

Kevin Kolb in for McNabb week 1 went 7-11 for 23 yards, QB rating of 67%... with 2 fumbles. In week 2, as starter, 31-51 for almost 400 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT against a real good team (Saints) and week 3 played great.

Chad Henne came in for Pennington, and looked awful. 10-19, 90 yards with an INT and QB rating of 44%. But he looked pretty good against Buffalo and then looked like "Dan Marino" as ESPN said it on their post game sports center vs. the Jets the following week.

To blast a QB for filling in isn't right. You need to wait until he has a full week practicing and starting the game from the start.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Since TE is concussed I want Fitz to start just to see what he really has. Regardless of performance we are now seeing that TE can't stay from being concussed...that is a disturbing trend. I can take getting hurt being bent in half or having 375 pounds fall on you but multiple concussions start to be a very bad trend and thing in the long run.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I vote for anyone willing to throw the ball more than 10 yards.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

I'm happy for the opportunity Fitz has at this moment. It's pretty obvious to me that Trent has been infected with the Dick bug.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Mar 2009

I think Trent is a more talented, but Fitz is playing much better than Trent this season. He is at least taking a shot downfield, and trusting his receivers to make plays. He was also hitting his receivers in stride, which Trent seems afraid to do. It is obvious that Trent does not trust his WR's at all.

That being said, I want Trent to start (assuming he's healthy). Fitz is not the long-term answer at QB. It doesn't look like Trent is either, but he at least has a chance of snapping out of this funk, and turning things around. And if he doesn't, we'll lose the rest of our games and get a better draft pick. With Fitz, we'll probably go 5-11, and pick 5th, with the player we really want getting drafted at #4.

So I vote for Trent.
                        Last edited by Beastie Bills; 10-20-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

As bad as Trent has been he should start over the very avg Fitz
                          gotta ride this season out but i dont want a day to go by in the ****ing offseason were we are not changing personnel and changing players
                          COmplete REBUILD MODE
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Start Fitz, if he blows and Trent is healthy the following week, start Trent.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Edwards' brain is soup. Go with the Fitz.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X