Thread: 6 years...

!?!?!?!?!?
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

6 years...

Watching local news they are saying how Yankee fans have been waiting 6 years to make the World Series like it is a long time...

need I say more??
    Last edited by BILLSROCK1212; 10-26-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 6 years...

Quote Originally Posted by BILLSROCK1212
    Watching local news they are saying how Yankee fans have been waiting 6 years to make the World Series like it is a long tim...

need I say more??
    If we bought whatever FA we wanted, it would be a long time for us too.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And if we took any FA that wanted to play of us, it would be even longer.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i don't understand the hate for the yankees. everyone that i have argued with just tell me that they hate them because they buy their team. yet, every last one of the couldn't tell me that they wouldn't do the same if they were in steinbrenners' position. all the hate is unfounded and stupid.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear
    i don't understand the hate for the yankees. everyone that i have argued with just tell me that they hate them because they buy their team. yet, every last one of the couldn't tell me that they wouldn't do the same if they were in steinbrenners' position. all the hate is unfounded and stupid.
    I can respect a guy that does everything to put together a great team. What I can't respect is their front-running, soulless fans.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The problem isn't him, the problem is a system that allows him to do it.
    The Yankees are one of the reasons why MLB is a tainted, illegitimate fraud and one of the reasons why I don't follow baseball.

How would Bills/Yankees fans like it if, in next year's uncapped season, the Patriots bought the top five FAs available? They'd better like it, or else they're hypocrites.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cocamide
    I can respect a guy that does everything to put together a great team. What I can't respect is their front-running, soulless fans.
    Every team that has had any measure of success has front-running fans. I'm sure there are even Bills fans that became fans in the early 90s because the team was good. In any case, front-runners are not the majority, but a very noticeable minority. It comes along with winning, but most Yankee fans I know (my whole family included) are born and bred NY baseball fans who just grow up loving the Yanks.

RW could learn a thing or two from the Steinbrenners - if you spend the money to put a quality product on the field, you're going to have a successful team and a successful business.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1220
    Every team that has had any measure of success has front-running fans. I'm sure there are even Bills fans that became fans in the early 90s because the team was good. In any case, front-runners are not the majority, but a very noticeable minority. It comes along with winning, but most Yankee fans I know (my whole family included) are born and bred NY baseball fans who just grow up loving the Yanks.

RW could learn a thing or two from the Steinbrenners - if you spend the money to put a quality product on the field, you're going to have a successful team and a successful business.
    I realize that there are real Yankees fans out there, and I'm not doubting your dedication to the team. However, I have to disagree with your statement that most Yankee fans are true fans. I root for the Rays and Magic, but I realize that I'm being a bit of a front-runner. I doubt that I'd pay too much attention to them if they were horrible or if I moved out of Orlando. Yet, I enjoy rooting for them and watching their games while I'm here. It's fair for me to call myself a front-runner for these teams, because I know what it is to be a true fan of a team. I follow the Bills every day throughout the offseason, and stick with the team when they suck. I doubt most Yankees fans would do the same thing if they were crappy for a whole decade.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Yankees have a first rate front office that will bring in any player possible to win now. They expect to go to the World Series every year so after 6 years of not being in it the fans consider it a long time. Consider that compared to the Bills. We have an inept front office and our expectations every year are to hope that we can squeak into the playoffs as a wild card or something. Pretty sad huh?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Yankees have Steinbrenner and no cap.
    The Bills have Ralph Wilson.

Apples and turds.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cocamide
    I realize that there are real Yankees fans out there, and I'm not doubting your dedication to the team. However, I have to disagree with your statement that most Yankee fans are true fans. I root for the Rays and Magic, but I realize that I'm being a bit of a front-runner. I doubt that I'd pay too much attention to them if they were horrible or if I moved out of Orlando. Yet, I enjoy rooting for them and watching their games while I'm here. It's fair for me to call myself a front-runner for these teams, because I know what it is to be a true fan of a team. I follow the Bills every day throughout the offseason, and stick with the team when they suck. I doubt most Yankees fans would do the same thing if they were crappy for a whole decade.
    If that were true, there would be no fans of crappy teams. A fan is a fan for the most part.
    I can tell you from living here for the past 9 years, there are still plenty of Orioles fans, and they stink. I'm sure most NYY fans would be loyal just as much as Bills and O's fans have been loyal through their down years (among other teams).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i've been a yankees fan since i knew what baseball was. i love them and will never stop. the red sox have been trying to buy championships as of late too. that's always my comeback to my friends that are red sox fans. i first went to fenway this past summer. it was a really cool baseball stadium.

Circling the Wagons since 1982. T-Long's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

waiting since 1979....(hell I wasn't even alive then)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1220
    if you spend the money to put a quality product on the field, you're going to have a successful team and a successful business.
    You mean like Dan Synder?

shelby's big brother smilie smilie Oldbillsfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I also love it the years the Yankees paid out the 800M? salaries and didn't win jack squat...lol Reminds me of the Skins.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The hate isn't entirely unfounded and stupid.

The Yankees ruined the sport of baseball for me, the entire sport. It's baseball's fault, but the Yanks have historically been the team that takes advantage of it, through no fault of their own.

I started to be a Sox fan in College, because they were the Anit-Yankee, and it was fun until they became the exact same as the Yanks. Now I hate them too, f*** em both. I can't root for any Baseball team anymore cuz of the system.

shelby's big brother smilie smilie Oldbillsfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Twins always get it done with a minimum salary... Just can't beat the Yankees.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    You mean like Dan Synder?
    Jim Zorn?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yankees 'fans' are spoiled - what more can one say? Six years is a long time for a franchise that is expected to dominate its sport, typically does dominate its sport, and carries a gigantic payroll to feed those expectations.