Thread: Termini buys Dowtowns Hotel Lafayette!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Termini buys Dowtowns Hotel Lafayette!!

Word has it that local developer Rocco Termini is purchasing the 105,000 sq.ft. Hotel Lafayette. Though Termini said he was "only kicking the tires," a reliable source said it is a done deal. Rocco is currently renovating the adjacent AM&As warehouses into a mix of commercial space and 48 loft apartments.

A few years back, Hunt Commercial was retained by property owners Lavan Hotel Corp. (of NYC) to find retail tenants for the hotel's first floor, and more recently it was rumored that local developer Carl Paladino put a purchase offer in, but the owners didn't bite.

A previous post by Steel shows the beautiful interior of the faded hotel. According to the Buffalo as an Architectural Museum website, the 367-room Lafayette Hotel, in its prime, was considered one of the 15 finest hotels in the country. It was designed principally by Louise Blanchard Bethune, the first professional woman architect in the country, the first female member of the American Institute of Architects, and the first woman to be made a Fellow of the A.I.A.
    http://www.buffalorising.com/2009/10...tte-hotel.html

:brilliant:
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson

HELP A COLLEGE STUDENT OUT! Tees/Hoodies Avail:
    http://u4ia.spreadshirt.com/

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 541 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Termini buys Dowtowns Hotel Lafayette!!

Look at that place now!!!

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,273 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Termini buys Dowtowns Hotel Lafayette!!

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    That's just great!

A Bflo. company I worked for (well before the turn of the century) held their employee Christmas parties there - employees only, NO guests, NO spouses. Those were the days, my friend!
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.