• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

In-season coaching change is nothing but a knee-jerk reaction

Vic Carucci on changing coaches mid-season:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: In-season coaching change is nothing but a knee-jerk reaction

No one in their right mind expects a team to turn it around based on a coaching change alone. But it sends a message to the players and the fans that there is some accountability, which has been non-existent in Buffalo since the Wade Phillips days.

And on that note, WTF? Who could hav imagined that we'd ever be looking backon the Wade era FONDLY?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
      • Apr 2005

"Every situation is different," Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy said. "But most of the time, it's not wise to make a midseason change. It's just more of a disruptive, quick-fix move that sounds clever but doesn't have much substance in most cases.

Marv has to defend his buddy Dick now , but was quick to jump on the opportunity back then wasn't he? He thought differently as far as Hank was concerned... Not credible in this case ...sorry marv , you got us in this mess and ran like hell before the crap hit the fan! Classy moves from 2 of the latest Bill HoFer.
      Last edited by sdbillsfan2; 11-03-2009, 09:53 PM.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

yikes... in 86 he had a 2-5 record so that would mean he took over starting at week 10.

I think... 87 was the strike shortened year i think, so 86 would have been a full 16 weeks. so yeah.. he took over after week 9.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• YoungEz
          • Sep 2008

When you go 7-9 three straight seasons and start off this way what else is there to see? How could firing Dick be a knee jerk reaction, it would be common sense

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Not firing him is a jerk off reaction.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Not firing him and taking the heat off him based on winning two games they shouldn't have won (Jets, Panthers) is a knee-jerk reaction. The team is terrible, the coaching is terrible, and their conditioning is terrible. None of that changes, even if they squeak out a few more undeserved wins. How would it be a knee-jerk reaction to fire Dick Jauron mid-season? It's been 3 years of ineptitude - it isn't like he was just hired this summer! He hasn't shown anything in 3 years to give argument to keeping him around, other than the cost of removing and replacing him. I think we all can agree if our owner's name was Snyder or Jones, Jauron would be gone by now.

Keeping Jauron here just delays the inevitable - it just delays what is needed to turn this joke squad around, while extending their terrible, painful, clownish mediocrity. After ten years of this crap, enough is enough! This town bleeds for their team and deserves better for it.
              Last edited by DMBcrew36; 11-04-2009, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

In season coaching changes don't work because it's the players on the field that determine the outcome of games. What the Bills need is talented football players, especially at the QB position.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

I wouldn't oppose not firing him in season if I had any faith they would fire him at the season finale, right after the game. OK, maybe the following day.

But, I fear it will be like last year and the more time goes by, the less I believe he is going byebye.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• malo
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    No one in their right mind expects a team to turn it around based on a coaching change alone. But it sends a message to the players and the fans that there is some accountability, which has been non-existent in Buffalo since the Wade Phillips days.

And on that note, WTF? Who could hav imagined that we'd ever be looking backon the Wade era FONDLY?
                    Ditto.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

I see what Vic is saying but i disagree on the grounds that Skeletor should have been fired last yr and we should be in rebuilding mode now, not prolong it another yr like cheap ass RW did

We just need to get him out of here and take his injury curse with him let the players no that no one is safe
                      Losers
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        In season coaching changes don't work because it's the players on the field that determine the outcome of games. What the Bills need is talented football players, especially at the QB position.
                        Don't fool yourself. They need both. Put jauron in charge of the Pats or Colts and he'd be lucky to get a wild card.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Don't fool yourself. They need both. Put jauron in charge of the Pats or Colts and he'd be lucky to get a wild card.
                          There's a lot better chance that Indy/NE would make the playoff with Jauron as coach compared to the Bills making the playoffs with Belicheck or Caldwell as coach.

Coaches look good when they have players that perform.
                          Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            There's a lot better chance that Indy/NE would make the playoff with Jauron as coach compared to the Bills making the playoffs with Belicheck or Caldwell as coach.

Coaches look good when they have players that perform.
                            initially maybe, but once Jauron gets his grips into a team he'll bring them down...

if he was to start coaching the Colts or the Pats they have enough good habits/conditioning/and pre-coaching to carry them through rest of this season.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              initially maybe, but once Jauron gets his grips into a team he'll bring them down...
                              Name 1 good team Jauron has brought down.

His whole coaching career he's lacked a QB. You don't win in this league consistently without a good QB.

I guarantee you the Colts would still be 7-0 this year without a head coach.
                              Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-04-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X