• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

2010 FREE AGENT LINEBACKERS

Lots of LBers avail in this free agent class, Sadly every one is better than anyone we have on our team at LB. I really hope we sign at least 2 LB, well they better sign 1 for sure. I listed a few guys that I liked off the page.

Barrett Ruud, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (26)
    Locking the young middle linebacker up should be a priority for the Buccaneers and with all the cap room they have, it’s a little surprising they haven’t already gotten it done. Ruud quietly voiced dissatisfaction last offseason by skipping voluntary workouts, but has continued to keep a positive outlook to the situation. Ruud’s new deal should be in the area of what Bart Scott received this offseason (6 years, $48 million) from the Jets. He’s the leader of the defense now and will consistently be among league leaders in tackles for the next several years. The Bucs should and will lock him up at some point in the near future, but it’s just about both sides agreeing on the terms.

Karlos Dansby, Arizona Cardinals (28)
    Dansby hasn’t played badly this year by any means, but he hasn’t made too many game changing plays either. The key to Dansby’s future will be what his contract expectations are. He isn’t quite worth the type of money the Ravens paid to Terrell Suggs, but at the same time, he’s one of the cornerstones to the Cardinals defense which has allowed a league low 3.0 yards per carry going into week 8. Dansby can do it all really, but can the Cardinals afford to re-sign him?

DeMeco Ryans, Houston Texans (25)
    Ryans has been a stalwart for the Texans, displaying consistency from game-to-game and year-to-year. With rookie sensation Brian Cushing next to him, the Texans have the beginnings of a good front 7. Ryans would like a long-term contract with the Texans, but if the two sides can’t reach a deal, there’s a good chance he would be willing to accept a deal elsewhere. Still, Houston will almost definitely re-sign Ryans and work around the foundation of Ryans-Cushing-Williams in the front 7.

Thomas Davis, Carolina Panthers (26)
    Davis started his career on a sour note at safety, but has since converted to become a superb outside linebacker. Next to Jon Beason, the Panthers have a very nice young corps that they should be able to maintain over the next decade. Continuing his success from last season, Davis has played very well again for the Panthers. His presence is being felt in coverage where he has 2 picks and 5 deflected passes. The Panthers would be crazy to let Davis move on because he and Beason make a great punch in the linebacking corps.

Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs (26)
    Akeem Jordan, Philadelphia Eagles (24) – Restricted FA
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: 2010 FREE AGENT LINEBACKERS

We'll draft a couple on Day 2 and insert them into the line-up... or just keep Mitchell in there. Either way, we're boned.

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Dansby sounds about right.

"Dansby hasn’t played badly this year by any means, but he hasn’t made too many game changing plays either."
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

I would love Keith Bulluck to be signed. I think he may be a cheap signing considering his age and since he's from NY and played for Syracuse, maybe it would be realistic? I think, IF we get a proven coach, they will try to add some vets to this team to help with the younger players. And Bulluck still has some gas left in the tank. He would be great for some leadership and someone Poz and Maybin could learn from.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

which one is the worst? he's still a huge upgrade over the current list of LBs

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

I like Omar Gaither too.

I'd love to add Barrett Ruud as our MLB and move Poz to outside.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Dansby please.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Dansby and McNeil (Chargers LT) would make it easy to move up in the first to get "our guy"

Championship!
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

McNeil and Ruud in free agency. And drafting Suh and a QB in round 2 would be a great start to fixing this tragedy of a franchise. But regardless of those moves... WE NEED OUR LEADER, OUR NEW COACH WITH A BRAIN, GUTS, AND WINNING ATTITUDE.

Comment

• Jaybird
                    • Dec 2005

is mcneil really a free agent??? i would assume the chargers will resign him.

The lb core looks pretty good. I like howard from the raiders, but Dansby would be ideal

Comment

• Raptor
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Jaybird

The lb core looks pretty good. I like howard from the raiders, but Dansby would be ideal

McNeil has a history of back problems that kept him out of the 1st round in 06 and now there flaring up again so I think he is a risky signing. Remind me a lot of J.Jennings

Comment

• Demon
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jaybird

Chargers have a lot of free agents, they won't be able to sign all of them. They just signed Phillip Rivers to a massive deal few months ago and still need to sign Shawne Merriman, Darren Sporles and Vincent Jackson.
                        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Dansby Ryans Rudd NOWWWWWWWW
                          anyone is a major upgrade of our poo LBs
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• elltrain22
                            • Sep 2003

how much money ya wanna bet that none of those guys will even get a second thought as a Buffalo Bill? Ralph doesn't know (too old & schenile), doesn't care (too cheap & stubborn, and will almost certainly do what we all don't want.
                            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                              We play to win the game!
                              • Oct 2009

This class is so much better than last year with the likes of Pisa, Bolie, Scott, Brooks, June.

Comment

Working...
                              X