Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perry Fewell should be the team's next coach...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Perry Fewell should be the team's next coach...

Perry Fewell should be the team's next head coach. Look how he has motivated a lifeless group of guys. He is also instilling a mental toughness with them by practicing in pads and the elements.

I love his energy. He tells it like it is. I want this guy here.

Why do the Bills have to pay 10-12 million dollars for a coach when that cash could be put to players to come in here and play? Give that money to a proven GM.

This guy can coach and he will show it Sunday against Miami.

I bet this guy wins 4 games before it is over.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Perry Fewell should be the team's next coach...

it was 1 game . We looked good vs the pats too under Dick. Look what happened

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i loved how we lost the game in the 4th quarter. that was pretty ****ing sweet.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I loved the energy he brought and he did some unique things with the D that were relatively successful, but the O was completely disorganized and ineffectual.

And over the years, Fewell's scheme has had some huge holes, most noticeably things like DB's playing 10 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 7.

For the moment, I'll take him over Jauron, but I really don't think he's HC material for the long term.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 11-26-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The decision to play for the FG at the end of the half was horrible and may have cost us the game. There was plenty of time for 2 TD attempts.

The only thing I give Fewell credit for was mixing up the defensive looks and adding more to the blitz package.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IAG
    Perry Fewell should be the team's next head coach. Look how he has motivated a lifeless group of guys. He is also instilling a mental toughness with them by practicing in pads and the elements.

Why do the Bills have to pay 10-12 million dollars for a coach when that cash could be put to players to come in here and play? Give that money to a proven GM.

This is like the whole Trent Edwards/JP Losman arguement. People jumped on the Edwards bandwagon so quickly mainly because he wasn't JP Losman. You're so in love with the guy because he isn't Dick Jauron and actually shows emotion. He does show emotion and he does show toughness but that doesn't mean he's a good teacher or a good coach.

Look at the 49ers, they hired Mike Singletary last year and were going to look elsewhere. He brought the toughness and changed the attitute in San Fran. Now, he was named the long term coach, and in the worst divison in football, his team is 4-6.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Demon
    This is like the whole Trent Edwards/JP Losman arguement. People jumped on the Edwards bandwagon so quickly mainly because he wasn't JP Losman. You're so in love with the guy because he isn't Dick Jauron and actually shows emotion. He does show emotion and he does show toughness but that doesn't mean he's a good teacher or a good coach.

Look at the 49ers, they hired Mike Singletary last year and were going to look elsewhere. He brought the toughness and changed the attitute in San Fran. Now, he was named the long term coach, and in the worst divison in football, his team is 4-6.
    Well said.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Man, it's scary how many Bills fans have absolutely no clue what the hell they're talking about! If you think Perry Fool should be the HC next season, then I have some swamp land that I'd like to sell you! What a joke!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Exactly...people don't think about anything, they just get excited because it isn't Jauron. Ignorance is the main factor with these fans.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

indeed

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    Exactly...people don't think about anything, they just get excited because it isn't Jauron. Ignorance is the main factor with these fans.
    I was listening to "Bills Brothers" on local radio here in Rochester (it's 3 Bills reporters from Rochester talking Bills) and they were all saying how disgusting our fans mentality is. They never shoot for the stars and they just want another bandaid as long as it's not the previous guy.

This whole Fewell being named next coach is a joke IMO. The offense, besides a few plays was near Cleveland Browns game status. We hit Terrell Owens on a 98 yard bomb for 6 and still only managed to cash in 15 points in the entire game.

The guy makes the team practice in the rain (something Jauron never did) and people fall in love with the guy. Unreal.

Our fanbase needs to demand a winner and demand only the best not just a band aid.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was listening to "Bills Brothers" on local radio here in Rochester (it's 3 Bills reporters from Rochester talking Bills) and they were all saying how disgusting our fans mentality is. They never shoot for the stars and they just want another bandaid as long as it's not the previous guy.

This whole Fewell being named next coach is a joke IMO. The offense, besides a few plays was near Cleveland Browns game status. We hit Terrell Owens on a 98 yard bomb for 6 and still only managed to cash in 15 points in the entire game.

The guy makes the team practice in the rain (something Jauron never did) and people fall in love with the guy. Unreal.

Our fanbase needs to demand a winner and demand only the best not just a band aid.
    I agree...there are some fans who seriously don't get it. I call them "cheerleaders"...they cheer the team, but they really don't understand the game and what it takes to put a winner on the field. They're the ones who get excited about meaningless victories or get excited because our crappy backup QB was less crappy then the starting QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He should get an interview for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,126 Times in 4,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

New coach, same old Bills. Dominate a game and lose in the final minutes. A winning attitude needs to be brought to Buffalo, which doesn't exist right now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Still too early to say, but I like Fewell so far. If he does manage to win 4,5, 6 games he would deserve consideration. If he beats the Pats* he deserves the key to the city.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    I would argue just the opposite. Bills fans don't know football talent from horse crap. All they know is wins, losses and names. Not the how and why anything happens.

There are just as many people who think Fewell can't coach beacuse a) he was part of the old regime and b) no one on ESPN is touting him. They judge every football decision on what the media thinks.

They will never succeed because to them fame = talent. They will never be able to scout the real up and coming talent in the NFL, the way REAL winning franchises are built.

PTR
    Last edited by PromoTheRobot; 11-26-2009 at 11:22 AM.

shelby's big brother smilie smilie Oldbillsfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't care who the damn coach is, i just want them to win and stop messing up on drafts and FA moves.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You should be banned from ever talking about football again.

Did you enjoy Fewell playing for the field goal last week right before half time? He's a ******.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,933 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You can't tell how Fewell will coach in the NFL from one ****ing game. This franchise nor it's fanbase does not need another first time HC running the debacles. We need someone with a proven track record that knows how to teach, coach, motivate, and earn respect on the field, not on the practice field. Our team is full of pussies because Dick made them soft. Aside from the strength and conditiond dude, there is no other reason for all of the injuries we have had, especially to the lower body than Dick's Club Jauron for the past 4 seasons. Who the **** doesn't practice in the same elements that you play the games in? I could see if you are at the top of your division and your team is mentally strong, but, eh, that's not Buffalo.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The way he handled the end of the first half shows he is not HC material.