Thread: Hines Ward is a Douchebag

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hines Ward is a Douchebag

Questioning and calling out Big Ben for sitting out with concussion.

After guiding the Steelers to a pair of Super Bowl wins and absorbing 221 sacks over six seasons, you'd think Ben Roethlisberger(notes) would have earned a little credibility with his teammates – particularly among pass-catching teammates. But apparently not.

Hines Ward(notes) shared a few Big Ben-related pregame thoughts with NBC's Bob Costas:

"This game is almost like a playoff game. It's almost a must-win. I could see some players or teammates questioning, like 'It's just a concussion. I've played with a concussion before,'" Ward told Costas in an interview taped Saturday at the team's suburban-Baltimore hotel as a prelude to the Steelers-Ravens game.

"It's almost like a 50-50 toss-up in the locker room: Should he play? Shouldn't he play? It's really hard to say. I've been out there dinged up; the following week, got right back out there. Ben practiced all week. He split time with Dennis Dixon(notes). And then to find out that he's still having some headaches and not playing and it came down to the doctors didn't feel that they were going to clear him or not – it's hard to say. Unless you're the person [himself]. … I've lied to a couple of doctors saying I'm straight, I feel good when I know that I'm not really straight."

Roethlisberger practiced with the Steelers throughout the week, but he was still dealing with exercise-induced headaches so the team's neurosurgeon recommended that he not play. Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh's coaching staff complied. That seems perfectly reasonable, considering the mounting evidence that suggests repeated concussions lead to severe, life-shortening neurological disorders.

But for Ward, it's really hard to say. He would maybe just lie. It was almost like a must-win. (Even though it wasn't, not at all. The Steelers are a six-win team, they have five games remaining and their next two opponents are Oakland and Cleveland).

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Hines Ward is a Douchebag

Hines Ward is the man.

I hate Ben, the guy is a schmuck.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hines didn't hit a curb off his motorcycle and take half the head shots Ben R. did.

After reading the recent Gladwell article on concussuions, I fail to defer to Dr. Hines Ward. Proceed with caution.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2..._fact_gladwell
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe Hines should've stepped up his game if it was a "playoff" game. I mean Holmes still found a way to have a big game and get into the endzone even with Dixon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No way, the NFL is treating these concussions more serious now. There's no way he should lie just to get in the game. Having another concussion so soon could really mess him up in the long run.

lowering the bar with every post Block "O"'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by we are
    Maybe Hines should've stepped up his game if it was a "playoff" game. I mean Holmes still found a way to have a big game and get into the endzone even with Dixon.
    But Big Ten WRs are usually better than SEC receivers IMHO

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hines Ward is a great WR. Very tough and dirty. Grest blocker. He still came off as a big douche

lowering the bar with every post Block "O"'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBlitz83
    Hines Ward is a great WR. Very tough and dirty. Grest blocker. He still came off as a big douche
    A great blocker? Seriously? Thats why I hate him so much, he's such a cheap shot artist its not even funny. I only wish he'd block a guy when he could see their eyes and not be such a ***** about it. But the way he smiles every time he makes a catch I'm guessing he's a big homo IMHO.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ignorance is bliss. The staff should have explained the situation to every player on the team so they wouldn't jump to conclusions.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!