Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schopp and the Bulldog....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Schopp and the Bulldog....

What idiots these two are. After a great Bills win I am driving home and all I hear from these dolts is them whining about scoring that last TD.

I get there point about it initially but it was a topic they should have brought up for a moment and not harped on and on and on about it. The callers, the listeners, NO ONE wanted to hear it. IT WASN'T A BIG DEAL.....

Schopp was acting like he was holier than thou saying he has to much "Class" to not kneel down... Maybe he should focus on his "tennis" matches he seems to love so much as football seems too viscious for him.

Bulldog in his stuttering ramblings agreed with Schopp like he always does.

I understand they need to get ratings but this harping on and on was an embarrassment.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Schopp and the Bulldog....

I usually don't take much stock into what I hear on WGR but that little bit I heard after the game disgusted me.

It was a classic case on focusing on negative things instead of just enjoying a win for once.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't care if Schopp & Bulldog want to think that we should've taken a knee. I disagree, especially after Miami slapped us around in the 1st game. But the WGR guys obviously are allowed their own opinions - fine. But it gets really old when they go ONNNN and ONNNN and ONNNN and ONNNN for 2 straight hours with the same stupid arguments. Even when Jerry Sullivan came on they just kept harping on it overrr and overr and overr. I normally love listening to Jerry Sullivan, but I shut it off in disgust. Change the f***king topic for christ's sake - there is so much more you can talk about. You don't have to talk about the same damn thing for the entire Buffalo Bills portion of the show.
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-01-2009 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    I usually don't take much stock into what I hear on WGR but that little bit I heard after the game disgusted me.

It was a classic case on focusing on negative things instead of just enjoying a win for once.
    It was a Joke.

Schopp's point that he doesn't care if they win is misguided as well. We want to win every game. You don't want to build a losing culture(or continue to build one in this franchise's case)

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i like that they didn't kneel down. i hope it carries the O's confidence going into the next game and for the rest of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Aren't points scored one of the playoff tie breakers? Not that they are going to make the playoffs, but still.
    Last edited by yordad; 12-01-2009 at 09:05 AM.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    i like that they didn't kneel down. i hope it carries the O's confidence going into the next game and for the rest of the season.
    I personally like that as well but do understand their point to some degree.

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I used to like schopp but now think he is an arrogant ass. he constantly insults callers and acts like his opiion is better then anyone elses.

dont listen to him too often anymore
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I figured out a while ago that they only have one goal, and that is to disagree with anybody that calls... ever. Driving back from Charlotte after the Panthers game we listened pretty much the whole way home. It was humorous to count how many times they contradicted themselves throughout the show, just for the sake of being dicks to whoever was on the phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the way the bills have played this season, score the points. if they have been beating teams handily all season and survived a close game and then piled it on the end, maybe it's classless. but we've been in this slump for 10 years.

The bills could pretty much do the "last boy scout" running play at this point and I'd defend it as "we've gone through so much the last 10 years. this is a fair."

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They are nearly unlistenable, they want to lose, they are losers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Since when am I supposed to worry about running up the score against the Miami Dolphins? If Schopp and Bulldog dont know about the history between these two teams then they need to turn in their self proclaimed Buffalo born and bred badges. What next? Should we let up when we are beating the Canadiens Thursday night as not to hurt their feelings? You have got to be kidding me. Even if you dont know that everyone in Buffalo keeps a Marino picture in the middle of their dart board, you must have a short memory when lard ass ran it down our throat with all of his starters in the fourth quarter when we went down to that cess pool last month. Idiots

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ratso
    Since when am I supposed to worry about running up the score against the Miami Dolphins? If Schopp and Bulldog dont know about the history between these two teams then they need to turn in their self proclaimed Buffalo born and bred badges. What next? Should we let up when we are beating the Canadiens Thursday night as not to hurt their feelings? You have got to be kidding me. Even if you dont know that everyone in Buffalo keeps a Marino picture in the middle of their dart board, you must have a short memory when lard ass ran it down our throat with all of his starters in the fourth quarter when we went down to that cess pool last month. Idiots
    Well Bulldog is a buffalo guy and is a fan of the team but Schoop is neither. He actually is way less of a fan of the NFL than you think. He is a huge baseball nut first.
    BERNIAC!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak
    Well Bulldog is a buffalo guy and is a fan of the team but Schoop is neither. He actually is way less of a fan of the NFL than you think. He is a huge baseball nut first.
    Schopp is born in WNY Charles. He isn't a Bills fan though.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought the first time I heard that from those guys it was weak. Everyone they talked to the next couple days (I heard them ask Thurman Thomas and Rob Ray about that on Monday) and they both thought the notion was stupid (that Fitz should have taken the knee. Had Fitz thrown the ball on that las drive, I would have thought that was unnecessary and not to bright, but they ran the ball on every play. I was a classic run the time out strategy. Don't blame the Bills that Miami had given up and couldn't stop simple and obvious running plays. That was not the last Bills possession. Remember, Miami did get the ball one last time and promptly turned it ove. On their last possession, Fitzpatrick did kneel down, as he should have done at that point.

I know I'm generally not quite as hard of Schopp as some here are, but that was one of his more stupid rants.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    Schopp is born in WNY Charles. He isn't a Bills fan though.
    He's a Leaf's fan as well. So, that tells me he liked being that guy that didn't like the home team. (though he does say he likes the Sabres)

I disagree with their points a lot, but I listen to them a lot too because I think their show is pretty funny, especially with Greg Bouck (sp?). Schopp rubs me the wrong way too sometimes but I like his sense of humor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've got to disagree with the posts here quite vehemantly. We had a first down with less than 1.5 minutes on the clock. Miami had no timeouts hence no way to stop the clock from running out. The right decision is to take a knee and run the clock out. In fact, running a play is downright moronic in that situation and they should have talked about it until the cows came home how stupid it was. If FJ puts that ball on the ground and it's returned for a TD the score is 24-21 with over a minute to go and Miami kicking off. They get an onsides kick and they are granted a chance to win the game. So basically, running a play gives them a chance to win the game while taking a knee there is no chance they can win. There is no arguement only an idiot would think they should have scored there. Sorry guys.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Schopp and Bulldog do nothing but regurgtate info from Sully and other beat reporters, they treat callers like idiots, and hang up on them most of the time so they can talk over them
    there show sucks, but we have no choice typical buffalo scenario

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I loved it.

Miami was calling timeouts which to me signaled that they were still playing the game, hence the Bills continued to run the ball. Running up the score would've been throwing the ball into the end zone like New England does.

I generally don't mind their show, even if I disagree, but this argument was unbearable.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0
    I've got to disagree with the posts here quite vehemantly. We had a first down with less than 1.5 minutes on the clock. Miami had no timeouts hence no way to stop the clock from running out. The right decision is to take a knee and run the clock out. In fact, running a play is downright moronic in that situation and they should have talked about it until the cows came home how stupid it was. If FJ puts that ball on the ground and it's returned for a TD the score is 24-21 with over a minute to go and Miami kicking off. They get an onsides kick and they are granted a chance to win the game. So basically, running a play gives them a chance to win the game while taking a knee there is no chance they can win. There is no arguement only an idiot would think they should have scored there. Sorry guys.
    What posts are you reading? Most here have said it was probably dumb to not run out the clock, but they liked the decision. Some even agreed with Schopp's point, but didn't like that he harped on it like it was the worst decision in the world.