Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sincere apology. Please read carefully.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A sincere apology. Please read carefully.

I came into the office this morning and at some point I was planning to come in here and rip starting Fitzpatrick over Edwards.

Anyway I was talking to our new receptionist and we got on the topic of Buffalo food, etc, and found out that her brother was Trent's roomate at Stanford and played on the team with him. Needless to say I went on how he's getting a raw deal etc. and than asked if I could get some signed stuff etc.

She goes on to tell me that here brother doesn't really talk to him and neither do any of his teammates. Apparantly the guy is a complete loner and she used the word "politician".

Needless to say that Edwards is probably exhibiting the same wonderful qualities on this team. The question I have is how the hell does our scouting department **** this up twice? Two loner California QBs. WTF!!

Bottom line is that if you can't lead than it doesn't matter how smart or talented you are.

The o-line is the biggest problem on this team. Fitzpatrick sucked last night but in fairness no one can play behind that POS line.

Fix the line and get a QB. I'm done with pushing Edwards.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A sincere apology. Please read carefully.

politicians are notorious for selling you their product, which is them. and when you need them, they are like a toy made in china. often toxic and unreliable.

that's what they got sold on. that's what a lot of us got sold on. he looked capable early, a bit injury prone and a little hesitant to throw over 10 yards. and it just got worse. the line woes didnt' help, but he just wouldn't throw it, the injuries are a problem, and he never really showed that he was capable of playing in bad weather. granted he got some ridiculously bad weather games, but his long ball often was thrown with a lot of loft.

Oh well...as they say at the Deli, "NEXT!!!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    I came into the office this morning and at some point I was planning to come in here and rip starting Fitzpatrick over Edwards.

Anyway I was talking to our new receptionist and we got on the topic of Buffalo food, etc, and found out that her brother was Trent's roomate at Stanford and played on the team with him. Needless to say I went on how he's getting a raw deal etc. and than asked if I could get some signed stuff etc.

She goes on to tell me that here brother doesn't really talk to him and neither do any of his teammates. Apparantly the guy is a complete loner and she used the word "politician".

Needless to say that Edwards is probably exhibiting the same wonderful qualities on this team. The question I have is how the hell does our scouting department **** this up twice? Two loner California QBs. WTF!!

Bottom line is that if you can't lead than it doesn't matter how smart or talented you are.

The o-line is the biggest problem on this team. Fitzpatrick sucked last night but in fairness no one can play behind that POS line.

finally and to be fair to JP he was liked by his team mates and hung out with several of them

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE

I dunno ... i ran into Edwards a few other Bills last year at the Warehouse in hamburg.... seem to be fine hanging out with the guys...

He just doesn't seem like the firery leader type to rally guys....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You did not notice Trent's politician qualities? I think I've been mentioning it since draft day. He actually said the NFL was just a stepping stone.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Look at the successful QBs. They show a ton of passion. They are involved and very vocal during a game. You look at them on the sideline and they have this look in their eyes like they can not wait to get back on the field. I see it with Manning, Brady, Farve, etc. Edwards, Losman and many of the previous QBs never exhibited that trait. Not sure how scouts cant see passion. You can have all the talent and without passion and that competitive fire you will be nothing better than a marginal player.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

why did I have to read this carefully?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    You did not notice Trent's politician qualities? I think I've been mentioning it since draft day. He actually said the NFL was just a stepping stone.
    A stepping stone to what???

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    Jesse Palmer's personal assistant.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The winning teams in this league are built on the Lines
    We have spent way to many Draft picks and brought in way to many players that play skilled positions
    Our Oline is a mismash of bums and our Dline is overpaid Old and dont play hard enuff
    rebuilding should have started last yr but it didnt and now we are reaping the benefits of the Modrak Guy and Russ and Skeletor regime
    this is what happens when u promote form within with a bunch of losers
    SAD

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

JP was a **** QB, but he was not a loner. He is/was a great teammate and communitarian. He just couldnt play football to save his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Under-coached doesn't need to be censored. He needed help making decisions, he was young and didn't want to let us down...

Trent quit on this team. That is why a week after he was proclaimed our starter, thick and thin, HE'S OUR GUY....plays Tennessee, not horrible, not good, but not the worst game I've ever seen. Then he is benched for the guy that you just benched for a piss-poor performance the week before.

I didn't even see him on the sideline last night, I may have been in the bathroom, but I didn't see him...I'm not saying he wasn't there, but where was he?

Trent: 1. Good looking guy 2. Intelligent, Stanford Man 3. Starting QB in HS and College, and NFL (social prestige is the point)

This is not a proclamation of my man-crush on TE, but do you think he is not used to being booed? He was the man, the captain, then comes TO. TO is charismatic and shouting and a natural leader. TE is alienated. Then TO has enough and gets vocal in Tennessee, because he is allergic to losing and he broke out. TE was on the brink, and that put him over the top. He was already getting shredded in the media, Captain Checkdown was everywhere, and booed voraciously at home. Trent has never, ever, ever, had to handle failure. He is failing...He handled it. He just handled it the worst way. He quit.

I wish him the best, but you quit on me once, and unless you admit it, apologize, and tell us why it will be different, you'll do it again. Good day, go play for somebody else.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 485 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The UFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Beebe's Kid
    Under-coached doesn't need to be censored. He needed help making decisions, he was young and didn't want to let us down...

Trent quit on this team. That is why a week after he was proclaimed our starter, thick and thin, HE'S OUR GUY....plays Tennessee, not horrible, not good, but not the worst game I've ever seen. Then he is benched for the guy that you just benched for a piss-poor performance the week before.

I didn't even see him on the sideline last night, I may have been in the bathroom, but I didn't see him...I'm not saying he wasn't there, but where was he?

Trent: 1. Good looking guy 2. Intelligent, Stanford Man 3. Starting QB in HS and College, and NFL (social prestige is the point)

This is not a proclamation of my man-crush on TE, but do you think he is not used to being booed? He was the man, the captain, then comes TO. TO is charismatic and shouting and a natural leader. TE is alienated. Then TO has enough and gets vocal in Tennessee, because he is allergic to losing and he broke out. TE was on the brink, and that put him over the top. He was already getting shredded in the media, Captain Checkdown was everywhere, and booed voraciously at home. Trent has never, ever, ever, had to handle failure. He is failing...He handled it. He just handled it the worst way. He quit.

I wish him the best, but you quit on me once, and unless you admit it, apologize, and tell us why it will be different, you'll do it again. Good day, go play for somebody else.
    that's not a bad take on how this could all of have played out. but trent just didn't trust his receivers. he only liked josh reed in terms of passes over 10 yards. even last year, he looked more comfortable throwing. this year it was a joke on how often he just dumped it to fred jackson.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So I am supposed to believe by chance this just happened to you this morning before you were going to tear Fitz a new one? Ummmm yeah.... Not buying this load.
    BERNIAC!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Beebe's Kid

I saw Trent run out and hug and celebrate with Fitzpatrick after he hit T.O. on the TD bomb vs. Miami....

I think people tend to micro analyze players on the sideline... Trent hasn't quit on anyone... he's on the bench... what's he supposed to be doing.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Talking Re: A sincere apology. Please read carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    why did I have to read this carefully?

did you???????

Bedard
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know what he meant. He just said football wasn't life, just a stepping stone. Acting? Politics? I don't know.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Awesome. More "inside information" from HH.