Thread: John Wendling

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

John Wendling

I know he's supposed to be some ace special teamer but everytime I see him, he's always the first one down the field and missing the tackle. I miss Steve Tasker backing teams up to the 2 yard line.
    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: John Wendling

Dude sucks. He makes like one good tackle a month.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For some reason this year he hasnt really made any big plays on special teams, last year it seemed like he would regularly fly down on punts and take the guy down.

All-Pro Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are harsh. I also think sometimes you don't understand football.

Sometimes the strategy isn't to go try to tackle him, it's to absorb the blocker and force the return man into the wave of unblocked coverage guys.

Our coverage has been awesome since the first couple weeks. You guys just want to bash everybody. Wendling is what he is. Its not like anybody ever expected him to be Steve Tasker.

Tasker is the hall of fame because he was a once in a lifetime special teamer. Special teamers don't get considered for the Hall of Fame, but Tasker will...Why? Because he was the best ever.

If your going to compare every special teams star to Tasker, none of them will ever live up to what you want.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if wendling was suppose to absorb the blocker why is he streaking down the field with no blocker on him?

Wendling is a dud. a few weeks ago he actually used his high jumping skills to his advantage, jumped over the line and partially blocked a field goal. Do you know what happened to that blocked field goal? it still went through the uprights. so what the hell is the point.

Jets game he made it down and streaked right past the punt returner.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

considering how deep this roster is at safety mr wendling is a complete waste of a roster spot

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Juice Is Loose

Sometimes the strategy isn't to go try to tackle him, it's to absorb the blocker and force the return man into the wave of unblocked coverage guys.

Our coverage has been awesome since the first couple weeks. You guys just want to bash everybody. Wendling is what he is. Its not like anybody ever expected him to be Steve Tasker.

Tasker is the hall of fame because he was a once in a lifetime special teamer. Special teamers don't get considered for the Hall of Fame, but Tasker will...Why? Because he was the best ever.

If your going to compare every special teams star to Tasker, none of them will ever live up to what you want.
    you obviously dont understand football because the job of the gunner, which im pretty sure Wendling is, is to run as fast as you can down the field without regard for anything else, and tackle the gundam guy with the ball. He hasnt been doing this, perhaps we should not have him as one of our gunners because even Jenkins makes more plays on ST than Wendling right now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Juice Is Loose

I don't understand football because I watch a guy routinely whiff? This isn't advanced calc. When dude whiffs, you blame dude, dude.

A gunners job is to get down there as soon as possible, and tackle the guy before he gets going. His job is not to absorb blockers, it is to shed them as fast as possible.

Edit: OK Pinkdog and trap kinda covered this, lol.
    Last edited by yordad; 12-04-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

another waste of a roster spot
    when u have depth issues at RB, TE, OLINE, DLINE, LBer
    but we are set at WR, and Safety
    wat to go!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

wr and safety, along with rb, the easiest and last positions a good team needs to fill.
    We do everything ass backwards at OBD.