• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Peyton Manning

Hey guys, not much going on tonight, so I just read this post on PFT and Brandon Stokely said that Peyton Manning will go down as the best QB of all time.

I just wanted to see what you guys had to say about it. I've been watching football religiously since 1988 and I can say with a great deal of confidence that he's the best I've seen since then. Obviously I was a huge Jim Kelly fan. They have a lot of the same qualities as they called their own plays at the line of scrimmage. Difference is, honestly Jim had more weapons and a great running back the entire time.

The guy amazes me. Never missed a game, and that includes a year in which he broke his jaw. He's never had a big physical receiver, just fast skilled, good hands. But he puts it there, all the time.

So, for those of you that are older, is he the best ever to the play the game? If not, who was better?
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Peyton Manning

I already think he is one of the greatest of all time along with Joe Montana.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

The greatest QB all time.

LT is the greatest player all time

Comment

• Block "O"
        lowering the bar with every post
        • Sep 2008

He is because he is like having a coach on the field. LT was great but a bonehead and was thinking about his next score of coke more than football. Manning's a no-brainer.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

He is in the same category as Dan Marino, but the greatest of all time? Not so sure about that, still think Brady, Montana & Aikman were bigger winners. Some quarterbacks don't have rocket arms, high profile statistics or all the hype surrounding them, but I think being a winner is the most important thing. Manning needs another Super Bowl win before he can go down as "the greatest" but even then I'd rather see him as the focal point in an Indianapolis dynasty before he is crowned.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
            He is in the same category as Dan Marino, but the greatest of all time? Not so sure about that, still think Brady, Montana & Aikman were bigger winners. Some quarterbacks don't have rocket arms, high profile statistics or all the hype surrounding them, but I think being a winner is the most important thing. Manning needs another Super Bowl win before he can go down as "the greatest" but even then I'd rather see him as the focal point in an Indianapolis dynasty before he is crowned.
            Well, heres the thing. Brady has more Super Bowl wins and an undefeated season into the Super Bowl, but look now, obviously he hasn't quite returned to form since his injury, and the Patriots appear to be leveling out with the rest of the league.

Year in and year out people are ready to turn the page on the Colts, but Manning continues to keep them winning.

And, he's still going strong. He's on a team thats unbeaten and he has as much a chance of going 19-0 as Brady did. He's never missed a game, he could play for 10 more years.

I honestly don't see what the big deal about Marino was. Sure he had a strong arm, and one great season. He couldn't win in the post season pretty much at all.

Comment

• Boomstick
              • Oct 2008

He may not be as big a winner as those 3 you've mentioned but with at least 2 of those names (Montana, Aikman), they just plain had a heap of talent around them when they were winning. But with Manning, he keeps the Colts relevant every single year, last year it seemed it was just by himself.

But all in all, great observation
              Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Hello. My name is Shawn Spencer this is my associate Hummingbird Saltalamachia

Comment

• Griff
                • Jul 2008

He easily could take the mantle of the greatest QB. He has some pretty good competition; Montana, Marino, Elway, Young, Brady, Unitas, but I have never seen anybody manage an offense like he does.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

considering that he thrown for more then 4000 yards every year but two (he only threw for 3,685 yards his rookie year and 3,747 in 2005) and he's never had a year with LESS then 25TD passes (his rookie year).

he's been unbelievable for his whole career.

his worst seasons are career years for hall of fame QBs.

example...

Troy Aikman's best season was 3445 yards passing... and the most TDs he threw in a year were 23 TDs

Jim Kelly's best season was just 3,844 yards and 33 TDs... not a single year he had (other then that one) matched Payton's worst years.
                  Last edited by Ingtar33; 12-12-2009, 02:57 AM.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

Come on, lets be serious Lawrence Taylor was a beast that the NFL has never scene sine he left.

Comment

• airdog32
                      • Oct 2003

best ever? He is the best of this genertation but to class him as the best ever I dont think so, He is among the top 5 just winning SB does not mean your the best!!!! I think Marino is the best ever skills wise just never had the team to back it up!!! Alot of old school guys come to mind Johnny u , Bradshaw, Bart starr These guys were winners when the passing game was not as prolific as it is today. My Top 5 all time
                      Marino
                      Montanna
                      Fouts
                      Manning
                      Bradshaw

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Manning might not even be the best QB of his generation. Stats are nice for passers, but winning is what defines a QB.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Griff
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by YardRat
                          Manning might not even be the best QB of his generation. Stats are nice for passers, but winning is what defines a QB.
                          outside of the post season few QBs have even come close to matching his ability to win games. Just look at his comebacks against Tampa and this year against New England.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

He is like having a coach on the field. None of those other QBs were that. And Super Bowls are a TEAM goal. He or any QB are not SOLE responsible for a championship.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                              Thats all he does for his teams is get them to win. Wins and Losses are a team thing anyway. He contributes pos towards wins. Does everything he can. Never misses a game for anything and his team wins every year even when he loses his weapons.

Comment

Working...
                              X