Thread: Bills Film Session: Interesting take on Poz

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills Film Session: Interesting take on Poz

I love Brian's comments about Poz, and he's got some other good stuff here too.

Paul Posluszny needs to move outside. He also needs to come off the field on obvious passing downs. Posluszny is another defender who takes either way too much abuse or way too much praise, which is indicative of what he ideally brings to a football team – he’s not an every-down defender or the cornerstone player for a defense, but he’s not exactly a guy you just kick to the curb, either, because he can play.

I’m going to get a bit more into this once the season has closed and things (i.e. the coaching search and front office re-organization) have settled, but I firmly believe that the Bills are one major piece away from fielding a pretty excellent defense. That piece is a middle linebacker. No offense to Posluszny, who I think definitely has and deserves a place on this team, but he doesn’t possess the block-shedding ability to be elite at his current position. Moving Posluszny outside, getting a healthy Kawika Mitchell back and inserting a talented middle linebacker that can shed blocks would do wonders for this defense. (Yes, I’m aware that a little depth at all positions wouldn’t hurt, either. I said “major” piece.)

FULL STORY

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills Film Session: Interesting take on Poz

i think Poz and Mitchell in the middle of a 3-4 with Maybin and go shopping for an OLB like Shawn Merriman, and u got a hell of a LBer corps, add a higher draft pick at MLB to develop behind Mitchell and keep Palmer and harris as depth
    Stroud, Williams, Schobel and Johnson as ur Dline depth, and get urself a stud DT Franklin from San Fran or Wilfork or draft Mount Cody and our secondary is solid so really add 2 pieces to the puzzle via FA and u got the makings of a hell of a D for a 3-4 scheme

its far fetched but if we let some of the money come off the books like with players like Reed, TO, Denney, Kelsay, Ellis, McCargo, Draft, Corto, Whitner, Schouman, Fine, Mcyntire, Trent, Jonathan Scott, Seth McKinney, Kirk Chambers, Marcus Buggs, Wendling, all go and u got some free cap space to play around with
    Last edited by bigbub2352; 12-15-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Poz would be much better at MLB in the 3-4 D....

hard to say what Poz can really do at MLB in the 4-3 since we don't seem to have a consistently good enough front 4, and the fact that he has been hurt for a much of his 1st 2 seasons
    Last edited by ddaryl; 12-15-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The article states he should "come off the field in obvious passing downs" and
    also states he "doesn't possess block shedding ability".

When do we use him?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Good article from Galliford. My only disagreement is on Nic Harris. I don't know that it's fair to give any assessment on him given the limited playing time he's had. As for Poz, he's certainly no Patrick Willis. He's serviceable if you need to upgrade other positions first. He's just not fast enough to do some of the things you'd like a middle linebacker to do in the Tampa 2 system.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Veteran Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Posluszny has plaster for bones. He's been listed #1 in the Bills depth chart for 45 games, but has only been on the field for 19 games.