• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Jake Locker, QB, Washington

Originally posted by TigerJ
    As I understand it, his development has suffered from poor coaching in his college career. If coaching is the only issue, he could be a gem in the rough with lots of positive qualities.
    Steve Sarkisian (ex-BYU QB) is the coach and has been reported to be very good. Locker has a bad supporting cast but seemed to plateau and never took the next step beyond being indecisive, erratic, and inconsistent. He has all the tools in the world, and has good character, but he just didn't progress.

Could he in the NFL? I could see it. At some point in the draft, Locker could be a steal. Especially if he has an opportunity to sit and learn behind a decent QB and with a solid coach known for developing QB's.
    Last edited by X-Era; 03-16-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Re: Jake Locker, QB, Washington

Originally posted by X-Era
      Steve Sarkisian (ex-BYU QB) is the coach and has been reported to be very good. Locker has a bad supporting cast but seemed to plateau and never took the next step beyond being indecisive, erratic, and inconsistent. He has all the tools in the world, and has good character, but he just didn't progress.

Could he in the NFL? I could see it. At some point in the draft, Locker could be a steal. Especially if he has an opportunity to sit and learn behind a decent QB and with a solid coach known for developing QB's.
      X you are right Sarkisian is known for working with QB'S thats why I am surprised he had the year he did.

I think if Locker played on a better team he would have impressed a bit more....
      BUT even in the combine and in drills his accuracy has been off.
      I still like the guy and I think a fit in Buffalo if he is there in the 2nd round would be a nice fit for him and Buffalo.....
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞