X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Skins begin cleaning house; Cerrato resigns....will effect Bills searches

Vinny Cerrato has resigned as head of Football Operations in D.C..

So, not only will the Skins most likely be looking for a new coach, they will be looking for a new GM and/or football Czar.

This will have a direct effect on the Bills pursuit of Mike Shanahan as he was rumored to already been offered the coaching position in Washington earlier this season.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Re: Skins begin cleaning house; Cerrato resigns....will effect Bills searches

Anyone want to put Cerrato on Bills GM candidate list?

I don't.
    Last edited by Coach Sal; 12-17-2009, 07:40 AM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal

I don't.
      I think I'd take my chances w/Marv again before doing that.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
        • Oct 2002

It will affect the Bills in the sense that Shannahan won't be available anymore.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2009

There's 2 ahead of us now.

We gotta get a GM right away. I understand that coaches have jobs to finish but a GM could easily jump ship right now.

I'm with you guys who want the ASST GM from Balt. I can't recall his name. We need to get some people in here though, or that "meeting" with Shanahan will prove to be exclusively BS.

Comment

• Griz78
            • Sep 2002

Snyder will go after Cowher too. But I agree, each has more choices now.

Cowher - Carolina, Dallas, washington
            Shanahan - whatever is left

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Coach Sal

I don't.
              I'll pass too, but this brings up an interesting question. How much of the Redskins failure was actually because of Cerrato? Snyder is a pretty "hands-on" owner who I'm sure had a big part in his own franchise's failures.
              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                Senior Zoner
                • Mar 2009

Report: Redskins chasing Bruce Allen

Posted by Mike Florio on December 17, 2009 9:17 AM ET

On the same morning that executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato has resigned, triggering speculation that Mike Holmgren or Mike Shanahan could be taking the reins of the Redskins, Jay Glazer of FOX has dropped a bomb on us, baby.

Glazer reports that Redskins coaches were advised today that the teams is in talks with former Raiders and Buccaneers executive Bruce Allen.

Allen's father, George, was one of the most beloved coaches in franchise history not named "Joe Gibbs."

As Glazer points out, the Redskins would be required to satisfy the Rooney Rule when filling the top front-office position. In this case, either the Redskins already have quietly satisfied the requirement, or Allen would be hired for a position that does not presently require compliance with the Rooney Rule.

The arrival of Allen undoubtedly would trigger speculation that the next move would be to dump coach Jim Zorn and pursue Jon Gruden, who partnered with Allen both in Oakland and Tampa.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Griz78
                  Snyder will go after Cowher too. But I agree, each has more choices now.

Cowher - Carolina, Dallas, washington
                  Shanahan - whatever is left
                  Very well could add Chicago to that list too

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                  X