Thread: Officiating was egregiously one-sided in that game

Thanks
    Thanked 2,557 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Officiating was egregiously one-sided in that game

And I don't want to hear, "Losers blame the officials." The Bills got whored in that game:

-- the "false start" on F. Jackson TD in the first period that not only wasn't blown dead before the snap, but not even called until a couple of seconds after Jackson scored

-- Whitner PA was ticky-tacky

-- Corner PA was on a totally uncatchable ball

-- holding on D. Florence on Welker that never happened (they called Whitner's number when he wasn't even near the play)

-- block in the back on Inocognito (that knocked us out of field goal range) where he did nothing but put his hand on the guys back

-- New England being allowed to hold all day (the Schobel incident on the play where McGee got hurt being the most obvious example)

-- Josh Reed getting drilled after he is on the ground for a good three seconds on a kickoff with no personal foul called

-- Reed getting held two, maybe three separate times on the Fitz INT

Look, say what you want; maybe I'm being a homer. You have to admit, though; when Buffalo plays NE, they LOOK for penalties to call on Buffalo and only call ones on NE that are totally obvious (and even some of those they let slide).
    Last edited by Thurmal; 12-20-2009 at 05:57 PM.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Officiating was egregiously one-sided in that game

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal
    -- the "false start" on F. Jackson TD in the first period that not only wasn't blown dead before the snap, but not even called until a couple of seconds after Jackson scored
    If you recorded the game, go back and watch that again. The referee on the far side of the field was trying to stop the play but he didn't have his whistle in his mouth. He did start running onto the field to stop the play before the ball was snapped, or at least right as it was snapped.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,496 Times in 15,582 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought the PAs were bogus.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho
    If you recorded the game, go back and watch that again. The referee on the far side of the field was trying to stop the play but he didn't have his whistle in his mouth. He did start running onto the field to stop the play before the ball was snapped, or at least right as it was snapped.
    I didn't hear one whistle, period. Do you think that they would have called a false start had Jackson fumbled on that play or been stopped for a loss. I would have honestly bet my car they wouldn' have.

I'm usually pretty reasonable and realistic, but this is, like, the sixth or seventh Pats game in the last decade where they have gotten a boatload of sketchy/phantom calls against us.

You don't think the league has an interest in insuring that Brady and the Pats make the postseason?

President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League) Prov401's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was pissed as well.

And I couldn't stomach the one sided commentating by Dorf and Gumbell. I was seriously wondering if they slept with the Patriots roster last night. It was f****** rediculous.
    Last edited by Prov401; 12-20-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I thought the officiating was horrible. Even the announcer Gumbel said that looked like holding on Schobel I believe and it wasn't called. It seems they always go against the Bills when it is a crucial play. That said, they still make too many mistakes and the Bills QB seems to be running for his life most of the time. They don't get enough time to throw long downfield.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TE2Hard-E81
    I was pissed as well.

And I couldn't stomach the one sided commentating by Dorf and Gumbell. I was seriously wondering if they slept with the Patriots roster last night, it was f****** rediculous.
    I agree, I had to turn the sound off at times.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bills41
    I thought the officiating was horrible. Even the announcer Gumbel said that looked like holding on Schobel I believe and it wasn't called. It seems they always go against the Bills when it is a crucial play. That said, they still make too many mistakes and the Bills QB seems to be running for his life most of the time. They don't get enough time to throw long downfield.
    They showed the holding like 7 times on the big screen... I could not believe they did not call that. But at the end of the day, we still had chances to turn the game around but shot ourselves in the foot with dropped balls/ lack of protection or offsides calls
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TE2Hard-E81
    I was pissed as well.

And I couldn't stomach the one sided commentating by Dorf and Gumbell. I was seriously wondering if they slept with the Patriots roster last night, it was f****** rediculous.
    Dierdorf was jocking Brady so hard that one of the CBS' producers passed him a condom during a commercial break.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 Times in 3,595 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Patriots getting favorable calls? Shocking! The next thing you'll tell me is that they cheat by, say, videotaping, and taking PED's.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal
    And I don't want to hear, "Losers blame the officials." The Bills got whored in that game:

-- Whitner PA was ticky-tacky

-- Corner PA was on a totally uncatchable ball

-- holding on D. Florence on Welker that never happened (they called Whitner's number when he wasn't even near the play)

-- block in the back on Inocognito (that knocked us out of field goal range) where he did nothing but put his hand on the guys back

-- New England being allowed to hold all day (the Schobel incident on the play where McGee got hurt being the most obvious example)

-- Josh Reed getting drilled after he is on the ground for a good three seconds on a kickoff with no personal foul called

-- Reed getting held two, maybe three separate times on the Fitz INT

Look, say what you want; maybe I'm being a homer. You have to admit, though; when Buffalo plays NE, they LOOK for penalties to call on Buffalo and only call ones on NE that are totally obvious (and even some of those they let slide).
    The HOLDING on Schobel was so blatant and obvious. I cant believe there was no call on that.

And it made a difference cuz NE got a first down on 3rd and 10 on that one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What did you expect? The Pats had the same luck last week against the Panthers. I watched that game and the officials killed any momentum the Panthers had with bogus calls. Not surprising in the least.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here we go...the officials lost the game for the Bills crap. Please, just stop.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Although I believe that officiating was very, very poor... Good teams can overcome it. .. however much it helps the other team.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    Here we go...the officials lost the game for the Bills crap. Please, just stop.

Whether the Bills won or lost, it is still annoying.... at home none the less.