Thread: Trade

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Trade

If the season were to end today the Bills would be around the 9th pick area of the NFL draft. With teams like Cleveland, St. Louis, Oakland, and Seattle ahead of them, it will be hard to get a Bradford or Clausen-type QB. I believe that Marshawn is perfect trade bait and we could easily send him to a team like Cleveland or Seattle in order to get a higher pick.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Trade

No thanks. I'd rather trade our first rounder for a late first rounder to grab another first rounder next year or move up in next year's draft. I don't mind trading Marshawn either. If we could get a 3rd rounder in this year's draft for him, I'm all for it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is total nonsense!!!

A 3rd rounder for a guy with this much upside?

Thank god you guys have day jobs, instead of running a football team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by nateodoms'bff

RBs are a dime a dozen. Lynch is going to run for less than 500 yards this year at around 3.8 ypc. His biggest year was 1100 yards. He's been in trouble with the law multiple times. And he's been outplayed and passed on the depth chart by an undrafted free agent. Running backs don't tend to get better with age - so where's all this upside you speak of?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Running backs are a dime a dozen. I highly doubt we could get a 3rd for Lynch with all his off field problems.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownBear
    RBs are a dime a dozen. Lynch is going to run for less than 500 yards this year at around 3.8 ypc. His biggest year was 1100 yards. He's been in trouble with the law multiple times. And he's been outplayed and passed on the depth chart by an undrafted free agent. Running backs don't tend to get better with age - so where's all this upside you speak of?
    Holy Crap I posted almost the exact same thing!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lynch is worth a 2nd round pick from a contender, thus a mid to late 2nd round pick is acceptable value for him, anything less won't cut it. Good luck trying to find a better running back than Marshawn Lynch past the 1st round.

Teams to consider:

Houston Texans

San Diego Chargers

Washington Redskins

Cleveland Browns

Kansas City Chiefs

Detroit Lions

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Marshawn Lynch instantly makes all these teams better, if we can't get a 2nd for him then fine, I'd hold onto him. I'll take Jackson and Lynch as my runningback combo for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by PECKERWOOD; 12-30-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We're hoping to get Cowher here and people want to trade Marshawn? :banghead:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    Running backs are a dime a dozen. I highly doubt we could get a 3rd for Lynch with all his off field problems.

Marshawn would be lucky to get a 4th from someone.

Especially with how he's performed this year and his off the field trouble.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateBillsFan
    If the season were to end today the Bills would be around the 9th pick area of the NFL draft. With teams like Cleveland, St. Louis, Oakland, and Seattle ahead of them, it will be hard to get a Bradford or Clausen-type QB. I believe that Marshawn is perfect trade bait and we could easily send him to a team like Cleveland or Seattle in order to get a higher pick.

To be honest, I dunno if we could even trade our 1st plus Marshawn to move up about 5 spots in the draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Marshawn would be lucky to get a 4th from someone.

Especially with how he's performed this year and his off the field trouble.
    I am with you.

I do like him but Lets be serious.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownBear

The one thing Lynch has going for him is his carries have been limited this year. I like Lynch a lot and see a big need for him on this team. Jackson is just as valuable but he's a side to side runner and has shone a lot this year because we dont' have the run blocking for a punishing runner like Lynch. To have these two guys on the team is a huge asset and trading one away would be taking a step backwards IMO unless it was going to bring in a top tier QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0
    The one thing Lynch has going for him is his carries have been limited this year. I like Lynch a lot and see a big need for him on this team. Jackson is just as valuable but he's a side to side runner and has shone a lot this year because we dont' have the run blocking for a punishing runner like Lynch. To have these two guys on the team is a huge asset and trading one away would be taking a step backwards IMO unless it was going to bring in a top tier QB.
    I generally like Lynch too, and he would obviously be more effective with a decent o-line. I just think people tend to overstate his value here. He's a tough solid runner, but there are a lot of guys like that in the NFL.

Now if Lynch had any vision and could actually hit the hole quickly, he'd be an elite guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,933 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well there are just no QBs projected to go in the first that are worth trading Lynch to aquire. Besides, we will pretty much have our pick of the litter where we are picking anyways. And if we chose a QB in RD1 or 2, I will probably break something and get into trouble.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PECKERWOOD
    Lynch is worth a 2nd round pick from a contender, thus a mid to late 2nd round pick is acceptable value for him, anything less won't cut it. Good luck trying to find a better running back than Marshawn Lynch past the 1st round.

Teams to consider:

Houston Texans

San Diego Chargers

Washington Redskins

Cleveland Browns

Kansas City Chiefs

Detroit Lions

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Marshawn Lynch instantly makes all these teams better, if we can't get a 2nd for him then fine, I'd hold onto him. I'll take Jackson and Lynch as my runningback combo for the foreseeable future.

see this is my point. why trade away a top tier running back, when you canhave him on your team.

his problems with the law are over and done with. marshawn is a smart kid. he learned his lesson, and I can guarantee there will be no more incidents with him again. he has great hands, great vision, and power. he may not have break away speed, but he doesnt need it when he is mowing defenders down. playing in this offense, any running back would be "trade bait", and thats the problem. As fans we want so much, yet we rarely see the talent we have. The only real offensive weapons that this team has are Lynch and Jackson. I dont count Lee Evans because as we have seen before, he disappears for games at a time, and cant catch a ball over the middle of the field (like a true #1 can).

Trading Lynch is a mistake. Really trading any player from this team that has any value is foolish. There arent enough weapons as it is, so trading them for mid round draft picks makes the least amount of sense.

And for the record, RB's are not a dime a dozen. Elite guys go in the first round. The ham and eggers, and grinders go later. Thank god we have both on this team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

see this is my point. why trade away a top tier running back, when you canhave him on your team.

his problems with the law are over and done with. marshawn is a smart kid. he learned his lesson, and I can guarantee there will be no more incidents with him again. he has great hands, great vision, and power. he may not have break away speed, but he doesnt need it when he is mowing defenders down. playing in this offense, any running back would be "trade bait", and thats the problem. As fans we want so much, yet we rarely see the talent we have. The only real offensive weapons that this team has are Lynch and Jackson. I dont count Lee Evans because as we have seen before, he disappears for games at a time, and cant catch a ball over the middle of the field (like a true #1 can).

Trading Lynch is a mistake. Really trading any player from this team that has any value is foolish. There arent enough weapons as it is, so trading them for mid round draft picks makes the least amount of sense.

And for the record, RB's are not a dime a dozen. Elite guys go in the first round. The ham and eggers, and grinders go later. Thank god we have both on this team.
    Too bad the ham and egger we have we drafted in the first round and the guy closer to elite wasn't even drafted.

You can get a good RB in any round of the draft or even undrafted

Michael Turner 5th round pick
    MJD 2nd round pick
    Ray Rice 2nd round pick
    Ryan Grant undrafted
    Brandon Jacobs 4th round

Now, would you say Lynch is even in any of these guys class?

With that answer who trades for a dime a dozen RB when you can get a guy who's better in a later round?

clumping platelets

Cleveland no longer needs a RB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Too bad the ham and egger we have we drafted in the first round and the guy closer to elite wasn't even drafted.

MJD 2nd round pick
    Ray Rice 2nd round pick
    Ryan Grant undrafted
    Brandon Jacobs 4th round

With that answer who trades for a dime a dozen RB when you can get a guy who's better in a later round?
    the only guys better on that list are MJD and Turner. I would rather have Lynch over Rice, Grant and Jacobs any game.

Rice and Lynch are on par with one another. Grant has speed, but I dont care for his lack of power. He is more Roger Craig than Steven Jackson. Brandon Jacobs is a big goof who is afraid to make contact now that he is rich. I watch the Giants every week, and he has brought the offense to its knees this season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

MJD 2nd round pick
    Ray Rice 2nd round pick
    Ryan Grant undrafted
    Brandon Jacobs 4th round

Those are so few far and in between, that's like saying that we should hold off on drafting a tackle until the 2nd day of the draft because we signed Jason Peters as an UDFA and because we drafted Howard Ballard in the 11th round.

Btw, I'd take Marshawn Lynch over Brandon Jacobs from that list, but granted, Michael Turner and MJD are elite talent. Although I think Grant is a product of the system and I think Lynch could do the same thing in GB.
    Last edited by PECKERWOOD; 12-30-2009 at 09:47 PM.