Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Clayton isn't buying that Cowher is interested in the Bills

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs down John Clayton isn't buying that Cowher is interested in the Bills

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.asp...provider=gnews

I really don't like this guy as many of you posters already know and this just shows he is a pompous ass. I trust Sal over him when it comes to BILLS news.
    I am The Batman.

clumping platelets

Re: John Clayton isn't buying that Cowher is interested in the Bills

Clayton is a tool

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Reality strike.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I am not buying it either, but it doesn't sound like he actually knows anything different than any of us know. Just speculation.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, Clayton is a goofy mofo. And i've never been on the Cowher wagon, but.... Jim Haslett?? He better be kidding.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,660 Times in 17,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He is a big-time douche, but I can't blame him for being skeptical.

It would be pretty cool, though, to have all the stars align so that Sal could stick this one up Clayton's ass.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Scary thing is he knows his SH**

All-Pro Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yep, anybody who disagrees with any Bills related pipe dream is a douche bag.

This all makes my lmfao. We all want the Bills to win. Clinging to some BS pipe dream isn't going to make it come true any time sooner.

It was report of a rumor of an unconfirmed conversation. Which is nothing.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Juice Is Loose

This all makes my lmfao. We all want the Bills to win. Clinging to some BS pipe dream isn't going to make it come true any time sooner.

I honestly think your intention on being here isnt to talk Bills football but to intentionaly try to get under people's skin.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    He is a big-time douche, but I can't blame him for being skeptical.

It would be pretty cool, though, to have all the stars align so that Sal could stick this one up Clayton's ass.
    While I agree and would love it too, remember that Sal didnt report that Cowher was goign to be our coach.

He said that Cowher was "impressed" by the Buffalo Bills and that they would be of interest to him, which is pretty standard.
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 12-30-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have no doubt that Cowher coming to Buffalo is a longshot, but Clayton has zero clue on what or how the Bills fans view potential candidates. I remember last year him stating that Jauron was well liked by the fans of Buffalo, so he wouldn't be fired. Ummm, OK...Clayton is not as bad as everybody makes him out to be, but he is clueless when it comes to the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think part of the excitement, or problem is that 99.9 percent of us feel there is ZERO chance on Cowher, so to get any kind of report about him linked to the BIlls at all is going to send people into overdrive.

Regardless, can you imagine if he did come here, he'd be a rock star in Buffalo

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He would be the most popular person in Buffalo...hands down.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    I honestly think your intention on being here isnt to talk Bills football but to intentionaly try to get under people's skin.
    Maybe, i don't know because i don't know him good enough but on this subject, i would doubt it. Just because he doesn't buy into the rumor doesn't mean he's any less of a fan. People love to bash "media" types who "crush" our dreams. Nobody knows if our dreams were even real.

Btw, anyone see this. Not sure if this was posted but Bob DiCesare posted this article late last night, while we were all drulling over the Cowher rumor. Here's his take on ownership and Cowher. Very different then what he heard.

Fast food for thought ...
    Uncertainty is partly why no successful former NFL coach wants any part of the Buffalo Bills.
    Ralph Wilson is 91. The franchise will go to auction, take on new ownership and likely relocate after his death since there is no other succession plan in place, at least none that Wilson has made public.
    The Bills could end up in Toronto, San Antonio or Los Angeles, but probably not before a legal battle or two and heavy dose of political intervention. It's bound to be a mess beyond the Buffalo Sabres bankruptcy situation.

Link- http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...ry/907799.html

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Juice Is Loose

I don't really understand what your issue is? Sal simply made a comment about Cowher being "open" to a job with the Bills. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

If anything, other people on this board have blown it out of proportion. You can't blame the messengers or news reporters for that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Demon
    Maybe, i don't know because i don't know him good enough but on this subject, i would doubt it. Just because he doesn't buy into the rumor doesn't mean he's any less of a fan. People love to bash "media" types who "crush" our dreams. Nobody knows if our dreams were even real.

Btw, anyone see this. Not sure if this was posted but Bob DiCesare posted this article late last night, while we were all drulling over the Cowher rumor. Here's his take on ownership and Cowher. Very different then what he heard.

Link- http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...ry/907799.html
    I do not blame ANYONE for being skeptical, frankly I am a little myself, although I do know Sal better than most and the one thing I do know about him is he isnt going to throw **** to the wall and try to make it stick to draw viewers one night to a ustream show on a tuesday night.

If it were anybody else but Sal who reported it, I'd soak it in for about 4 seconds and then laugh and say "whatever"

And as far as Juice, he is constantly getting under people's skin, and it goes past talking football. .OP37 is the most well known debbie down here, perhaps ever, but 100% of his *****es come about the Bills.

Juice is beating the same thing like a dead horse, over and over again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If the Bills so much as interview Haslett, they're more clueless than we thought. And that is scary.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And 1 last thing.. I dont know why you guys (some of you) dont get it. This is a brand new media out there. Old school news writers with the exception of the few dont have much more inside access than anyone with a blog who is willing to dig and grind to find out facts.

It aint like it used to be. Back in the day, YOU HAD To go to certain channels to get information, usually through a team's PR department directly.

Not anymore, in this twitter and technology age, anyone willing to put in the grind can find out information. .You can find and talk to people directly.

I've interviewed four or five Bills this year, and that was before I ever placed a single phone call into the BIlls media department.

Of course since then things have changed. I generally go the proper channels cause I attend press conferences, practices and some other media stuff, but for the most part, anybody who is aggressive and relentless can get and keep contacts.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,557 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    He would be the most popular person in Buffalo...hands down.
    Does Tim Anderson still own that pizza joint up there? If so, then Cowher is second only to him.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    And 1 last thing.. I dont know why you guys (some of you) dont get it. This is a brand new media out there. Old school news writers with the exception of the few dont have much more inside access than anyone with a blog who is willing to dig and grind to find out facts.

It aint like it used to be. Back in the day, YOU HAD To go to certain channels to get information, usually through a team's PR department directly.

Not anymore, in this twitter and technology age, anyone willing to put in the grind can find out information. .You can find and talk to people directly.

I've interviewed four or five Bills this year, and that was before I ever placed a single phone call into the BIlls media department.

Of course since then things have changed. I generally go the proper channels cause I attend press conferences, practices and some other media stuff, but for the most part, anybody who is aggressive and relentless can get and keep contacts.
    To elaborate on that, my point was that often even writers like Bob Dicasare, who I consider a GREAT writer, doesn't know more or have anymore inside access info than someone like Sal, myself or another lesser known writer, blogger or whatever that knows someone and is willing to put in the legwork.

The exceptions are guys like Schefter and Eisen. Those guys are such "stars" that players THEMSELVES will go to THEM to give them scoops and confidential info.