As of right now...the Nix hire is more mediocrity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

As of right now...the Nix hire is more mediocrity.

Now, that could change depending on how he handles the Modrak/Guy situation and who he hires as a HC. However, the hire in itself smells of Ralph wanting and hiring another guy who is a "puppet". The difference is, this is a football guy and he can sell it to the fans as such. I'm not saying that in a week or two this won't change, but right now this hire is the same old Buffalo Bills at work.
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: As of right now...the Nix hire is more mediocrity.

To be honest listening to him I don't think he would take kindly to the puppet role that's probably why he fought for shotty
    which makes me
    respect him

a man who will give up his job for a friend or person he repects is good in my books plus look at his history

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• Nighthawk
      • Jul 2002

Like I said, for this to be any kind of improvement, he has to make the necessary changes that are needed in the next week or so. Then and only then, will we be able to truly say if this was a good hire or not.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
        • Feb 2009

Isn't kind of difficult to say Modrak and Guy are the problem. It all depends on how it was set up within the organization. Modrak, is basically a part timer. He lives in Jacksonville. From what I have read on this and other message boards, he would offer his opinions on who to draft. It utimately was not his decision on who to draft. That makes a big difference. If it was Dick Jauron and Brandon making the final decision over the advice of Modrak, then that is their fault. Prior to coming to Buffalo, Modrak had a very good track record. It sounds now, Buddy Nix and depending on who the new HC is, the buck will stop there. I would rather have Buddy Nix drafting players than Dick Jauron or Russ Brandon.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CoolBreeze
          Isn't kind of difficult to say Modrak and Guy are the problem. It all depends on how it was set up within the organization. Modrak, is basically a part timer. He lives in Jacksonville. From what I have read on this and other message boards, he would offer his opinions on who to draft. It utimately was not his decision on who to draft. That makes a big difference. If it was Dick Jauron and Brandon making the final decision over the advice of Modrak, then that is their fault. Prior to coming to Buffalo, Modrak had a very good track record. It sounds now, Buddy Nix and depending on who the new HC is, the buck will stop there. I would rather have Buddy Nix drafting players than Dick Jauron or Russ Brandon.
          It never stops at the GM...Ralphy still has his hands all over this team with this hire.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Based on his draft record at San Diego, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
              Based on his draft record at San Diego, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
              He did not have the final say in those drafts, so just throwing praise on him for those is not accurate. If you're going to do that then you must give him some blame for the Maybin pick this year. I don't know, I have to have more proof that this isn't on the cheap and that this organization truly wants to win. Right now, it seems like the same old thing we've seen for the past 10 years.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                • Sep 2008

I think we'll know within a week or two. If Jim Haslett or some other slob along his lines is being intro'd at OBD, it'll be the same old crap.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TrEd FTW
                  I think we'll know within a week or two. If Jim Haslett or some other slob along his lines is being intro'd at OBD, it'll be the same old crap.
                  Agreed...I'm hoping it's going to be different, but I don't know.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

I was not impressed when I heard it was Nix. I will give him 2 weeks though before I give up and resign myself to another few wasted years. By then we will know if Ralph has hired another puppet. It all depends on the coach Nix hires.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

If it's Haslett I'm done.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
                        I was not impressed when I heard it was Nix. I will give him 2 weeks though before I give up and resign myself to another few wasted years. By then we will know if Ralph has hired another puppet. It all depends on the coach Nix hires.
                        That's exactly how I feel...

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

I will wait until he hires a coach to pass judgment. But so far, I like his attitude and background.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• snow1989
                            • Sep 2003

He gets a pass from me until proven otherwise...it will be interesting to see who stays, who goes and who is brought in. Just a matter of sitting back and seeing what happens.
                            I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• jcdavey
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                              To be honest listening to him I don't think he would take kindly to the puppet role that's probably why he fought for shotty
                              which makes me
                              respect him

a man who will give up his job for a friend or person he repects is good in my books plus look at his history
                              he didn't give up his job for marty lol he worked with sd till mid 08, marty was fired before the 07 season began

what Nix did was retire because he thought him and marty would get a HC/GM gig in atl, it didn't happen

this quit because of his buddy crap is a nice false story someone is trying to shovel to you people, it's hilarious

Nix was brought in to sd by butler and AJ lol...and people think he's got a problem with AJ

wow people are idiots

Comment

Working...
                              X