• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

I'll Tale Billick OR Shotty Over Any Unproven Asst. Coach

Spare me the Russ Grimm, Brian Schotty, Leslie Frazier etc. love. It's blind, without any proven track record as a good HC in the NFL. This team needs someone with an actual plan and an ability to find good asst. coaches.

The Bills need to build towards something after 10 years of failure and a real resume is preferred over an imaginary one. Nix himself suggested he likes expereince and big guys in the lines. Sounds like he's prefer a known commodity.

Fine with me. No Cowher, hire one of the other 2 above. No more asst. coaches learning on the job.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'll Tale Billick OR Shotty Over Any Unproven Asst. Coach

I'm tired of being the team to provide on the job training...bring me a proven winner!

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

I agree...we need a coach in here that has "Been there, done that." I'm tired of this team being a minor league team giving all the wanna be's their shot.

Cowher, Billick, Schotty, Dungy....bring one in and I'll be a happy man.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
        • Mar 2004

I 2nd that no Cower thats fine whatever. just please for the love of god a proven winner is all i want in the end.

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Without a conference championship ring, i'm not interested.

Comment

• McBFLO
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
            Spare me the Russ Grimm, Brian Schotty, Leslie Frazier etc. love. It's blind, without any proven track record as a good HC in the NFL. This team needs someone with an actual plan and an ability to find good asst. coaches.

The Bills need to build towards something after 10 years of failure and a real resume is preferred over an imaginary one. Nix himself suggested he likes expereince and big guys in the lines. Sounds like he's prefer a known commodity.

Fine with me. No Cowher, hire one of the other 2 above. No more asst. coaches learning on the job.
            I do NOT want Billick. The dude won the Super Bowl with a beast in Jamal Lewis running the ball and one of the greatest defenses of all-time. He totally blew it in developing a young QB in Boller. No thanks on Billick.

Not sure I'd want Brian Schottenheimer, yet (if Marty comes in with Brian as OC/AsstHC I'd take Brian as our HC in a few years when Marty eventually retires), Lezlie Frazer I don't really know a whole lot about other than his recent success in Minnesota (can the guy get a strong OC who can develop a young QB? If so, then OK). Russ Grimm is my #2 option after 1a. Cowher and 1b. Marty. Grimm is a realistic version of Bill Cowher.
            Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Hell, I'd take John Fox too.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Hell, I'd take John Fox too.
                Unfortunatelty, I would too, but I'm not a huge fan.

Comment

• McBFLO
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                  Nix himself suggested he likes expereince and big guys in the lines. Sounds like he's prefer a known commodity.
                  That's Grimm right there. Our biggest weakness would almost immediately become the strongest part of our team.

You want experience? Grimm's got it! You want a proven winner? Grimm again.

I don't understand why more people wouldn't be on board with this guy?

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Grimm is the only non former head coach candidates out there that wouldnt make me really mad.

The more I ask about him and dig the more good things I hear.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                      • Sep 2002

Shotty has been my choice from day 1. I never felt we had a chance for any of the "names". However, Shotty is familiar with the organization and is not afraid of the cold.

The problem with all the selection processes is the impression RW may give when he "interviews" candidates. I don't believe Ralph sees himself as anything but a brilliant executive. And we all know that the real impression he gives is quite the opposite.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Ill take shotty over anyone. Dont think i didnt already try to see if he has facebook so i could offer to cut his grass for the rest of his life

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

I could def. live with Grimm...but I want an experienced guy. The thing with Grimm is he is a mean SOB and would fix this putrid OL.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

If Carolina changes their mind this week and cans Fox , the Bills would hire him within 48 hours.

Billick didn't develop Boller. That alone doesn't disqualify him from being a good candidate. And don't tell me that stooge Rex Ryan gets all the credit for the Ravens D. He looked lost when Jauron beat him in one of the worst games of the year a couple months back. That also doesn't bode well for young Brain Schotty, whose O was missing in action half the season.

No more asst. coach experiments at this 10 year stage of losing.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• McBFLO
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
                              I could def. live with Grimm...but I want an experienced guy.
                              He IS experienced.

Eternal optimist.

Comment

Working...
                              X