Big Ten's best option for expansion is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Big Ten's best option for expansion is...

Originally posted by psubills62
    From the article:

I have a hard time believing ND is satisfied with the NBC contract when it could be making 13 million more in the B10. My guess is also that the disparity in TV revenue would make up for the difference in BCS/bowl money that ND gets as an independent.
    What the article fails to point out is that the money is not the reason Notre Dame loves the contract. Hell the contract could be Pro Bono and it really wouldnt matter. Notre Dame has more money then they can spend, its not about the money.

How many homes is the BTN in? 17-20 Million? NBC is on every TV in America, basic cable or deluxe package. No team gets the exposure Notre Dame does. Even when we suck we can still be the lead on Sportscenter. Big Ten can't offer that, its not about money, it never was.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      What the article fails to point out is that the money is not the reason Notre Dame loves the contract. Hell the contract could be Pro Bono and it really wouldnt matter. Notre Dame has more money then they can spend, its not about the money.

How many homes is the BTN in? 17-20 Million? NBC is on every TV in America, basic cable or deluxe package. No team gets the exposure Notre Dame does. Even when we suck we can still be the lead on Sportscenter. Big Ten can't offer that, its not about money, it never was.
      Not about the money? I have a hard time believing that, especially while they're eating Weis' contract. I'm sure the exposure is important, but it's doubtful that it's so important that money isn't a factor in comparison.

The Big Ten also gets plenty of games on ABC, particularly the key matchups. I'm sure Notre Dame would be on ABC/ESPN plenty of times during the year.

Either way, I doubt ND gets an invite.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I was just going to post what Draftboy did. Notre Dame not joining the Big 10 has nothing to do with academics, and everything to do with money.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          I was just going to post what Draftboy did. Notre Dame not joining the Big 10 has nothing to do with academics, and everything to do with money.
          I think maybe you and DB need to corroborate your stories better, then?
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
            Not about the money? I have a hard time believing that, especially while they're eating Weis' contract. I'm sure the exposure is important, but it's doubtful that it's so important that money isn't a factor in comparison.

The Big Ten also gets plenty of games on ABC, particularly the key matchups. I'm sure Notre Dame would be on ABC/ESPN plenty of times during the year.

Either way, I doubt ND gets an invite.

Notre Dame has an endowment fun that is estimated to be over 1.0 Billion dollars. Eating a few million on a contract is nothing more than paying an annoying bill for Notre Dame.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X