Today worked out very nice for Cowher (for Buffalo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Today worked out very nice for Cowher (for Buffalo)

I'm telling you guys.

If there is no mention of Cowher coaching that is the best news you can hope for.

No billboard showing. No James Brown asking him if he's considering coming back. Nothing.

If the hour show goes a full hour and Cowher doesn't address the coaching situation, and isn't even asked. That is great news.

If he talks about coaching, I'd say there is a 95% chance he'd announce that he's still "unlikely to coach" or that he flat out "plans on coming back for another year with you guys"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Commissioner
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      I'm telling you guys.
      or that he flat out "plans on coming back for another year with you guys"
      I hope he doesn't say that..... Bills fans will go straight into a deep depression...
      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Oakland may end up with a vacancy, but that wouldn't be Cowher anyway.

I really think now its Buffalo or CBS in 2010.

I was worried about Dallas, but Jones can't fire Phillips now.
        Don't be so sure. Baltimore released Trent Dilfer right after they won the SuperBowl. It could happen. Just saying.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

I think by next Friday the Bills will have a coach.

They dont have competition for their "guy" to go against.

That coach they select will say I'm either taking the Bills job or prolly not having a HC job in 2010
          Lets just hope "that guy" is Bill Cowher. BTW Pat, can you answer me this? Why does everybody that has an "opinion" say that Cowher to Buffalo is big time long shot. We've all heard hear he is interested, he likes the dollar amount, and seems like the only thing is to convice the fam to make the move up North. IMO, Cowher is still likely to coach this team, especially w/ Dallas probably retaining Phillips now.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

BTW someone asked.

Pregame CBS tommorow is at noon.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Don't be so sure. Baltimore released Trent Dilfer right after they won the SuperBowl. It could happen. Just saying.
              that is true.. You truly never know. Point taken.

Comment

• wmoz11
                • Sep 2008

I'm telling you guys.

If there is no mention of Cowher coaching that is the best news you can hope for.

No billboard showing. No James Brown asking him if he's considering coming back. Nothing.

If the hour show goes a full hour and Cowher doesn't address the coaching situation, and isn't even asked. That is great news.

If he talks about coaching, I'd say there is a 95% chance he'd announce that he's still "unlikely to coach" or that he flat out "plans on coming back for another year with you guys"
                To add to this: These guys have production meetings. If Cowher is considering the Bills heavily, they will ask that it not be brought up at all. CBS doesn't want an employee talking about a possible future employer.

I expect that Cowher's situation will not be brought up at all, and if it is, then it will be a statement by him that he's returning to CBS.

No news is good news tomorrow, fellas.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by elltrain22
                  Lets just hope "that guy" is Bill Cowher. BTW Pat, can you answer me this? Why does everybody that has an "opinion" say that Cowher to Buffalo is big time long shot. We've all heard hear he is interested, he likes the dollar amount, and seems like the only thing is to convice the fam to make the move up North. IMO, Cowher is still likely to coach this team, especially w/ Dallas probably retaining Phillips now.
                  Mainly because most, if not alll of the big shot media doesn't see Cowher as a fit to Buffalo, and as a Bills fan you gotta admit, it's more hope than anything right now.

But again, nobody knows for sure. They have talked and I've seen multi reports out there that it isnt' about money.

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

that is true.. You truly never know. Point taken.
                    I think Phillips is beloved by all his players, and by Jones hiring someone else is jeropardizes the team chemistry. I'm just trying so hard to believe that the stars are aligning for us to get Cowher. Does it not seem that way to you all?
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

To me it seems like its CBS or Buffalo. Really

But oddly, I still think the oddsmakers would make CBS the favorite.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
                        Why does everybody that has an "opinion" say that Cowher to Buffalo is big time long shot..

I know you asked Pat but I think all the national media think theres not way he's want to come here because they look at our organization as a joke. Also most of them look at Buffalo like it's Siberia.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Well I'll say this outside of Buffalo around the league this organization is not highly regarded.

WHich is all the more reason to want Cowher. Maybe he can change the culture and perception.

What I dont get is the Bills should be PUBLIC in their pursuit of Cowher.

Comment

• Commissioner
                            • Dec 2004

Well I'll say this outside of Buffalo around the league this organization is not highly regarded.

WHich is all the more reason to want Cowher. Maybe he can change the culture and perception.

What I dont get is the Bills should be PUBLIC in their pursuit of Cowher.
                            If the perception of the organization is that bad... i don't know how the Bills can just go with some coordinator and hope to get any respectability....

It's gotta be Cowher or bust...

Maybe that's Lynch's issue also... has no respect for organization or community.
                            Last edited by Commissioner; 01-09-2010, 10:21 PM.
                            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Novacane
                              I know you asked Pat but I think all the national media think theres not way he's want to come here because they look at our organization as a joke. Also most of them look at Buffalo like it's Siberia.
                              Exactly right!! The media, mainly ESPN (Clayton, Cowterd, Scheffter, Schlerth, etc) all portray Buffalo as a poor man's Oakland; a joke. In there minds, why would a guy like Cowher, go to a laughing stock like Buffalo??

However, most football coachs, GM's, Owners, and even players alike have mad respect for this town and this team, especially its fanbase. I'm sure Cowher, billboard or not, knows how great of a football town this is.

Screw ESPN

Comment

• cwkbills
                                • Jan 2010

I believe that this has not been a public pursuit of Cowher because of Cowher not wanting it to be. What I dont understand is that with so many people getting caught up in "Cowher Fever" (This is a very serious epidemic for some) the bills would not leak out something to squash all the rumors. What I am getting at is that I believe that we at the very least have a shot at him and I will take that any day.

Comment

Working...
                                X