What do you have to say about Vanek now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: What do you have to say about Vanek now?

but he folded like a cheap suit in the playoffs last year....

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Someone told me this stat about Vanek today. 17 of his goals were against teams that are not currently in the playoffs. I am not trying to say anything negative or positive, just thought that was a little interesting.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
        Someone told me this stat about Vanek today. 17 of his goals were against teams that are not currently in the playoffs. I am not trying to say anything negative or positive, just thought that was a little interesting.
        That makes sense. About half of goals and about half of the teams make the playoffs.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          hey had one good month plus one good game.

Going into tonight, he had 2 points in the last 9 games.

you're living in the moment and not taking his full season into account. BTW, unless he gets 12 points in the next 8 games, he's BEHIND where he was last year. Considering he's only averaged .42 points per game, it's highly unlikely that he's going to triple that and average 1.5 ppg over the last 8. He's supposed to be the new leader, but he's behind where he was last year- instead of taking charge, he's regressing.

Please think before posting next time.
          Losman has a tendency not to understand things...

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

You folks are nuts. The Sabres are a top knotch club and there is not a whole lot of reasonable comparison between Vanek and Satan.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Sarcasm right?
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

not at all. It's BS to compare Vanek to Satan.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  You folks are nuts. The Sabres are a top knotch club and there is not a whole lot of reasonable comparison between Vanek and Satan.
                  If you mean top "notch" club who is goes on serious losing streaks through out the year and fighting for thier playoff lives with a very realistic chance of NOT making the playoffs, then Yes, they are a top notch club. IF a top notch club was leading the league in scoring, they should be fighting for home ice advantage not for their playoff lives. "Top Notch Club", now that is funny.

Satan vs. Vanek. Both European, both make boat load of money, both show up occasionally in a game, both are very streaky, both seem very moody. Vanek isn't Satan yet but with 7 year contract in his hip pocket, he is well on his way. He'll be a New York Islander in less than 3 years, ok, maybe 4.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                    • Aug 2002

And it seems the worse teams bring out the best in Vanek. For what he is making he needs to be a hell of a lot more consistent. The cream is definately not rising in this case.

As far as comparing Vanek to Satan, you have different linemates and too many intangibles to really compare the two. All I can say if Thomas' last name was Jesus, this thread would become way too funny.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I think Vanek is both a better player and goal scorer than Satan, but he does have that streakiness in common.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        All you naysayers of Vanek (and you know who you are so don't deny it!)

Lets see...
                        you said that he's lazy
                        you chewed him up and spit him out
                        you said he couldn't score

Well what do you have to say now he's got 31goals not to mention he had 43 goals last season
                        I have been behind Vanek the whole time.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                          If you mean top "notch" club who is goes on serious losing streaks through out the year and fighting for thier playoff lives with a very realistic chance of NOT making the playoffs, then Yes, they are a top notch club. IF a top notch club was leading the league in scoring, they should be fighting for home ice advantage not for their playoff lives. "Top Notch Club", now that is funny.

Satan vs. Vanek. Both European, both make boat load of money, both show up occasionally in a game, both are very streaky, both seem very moody. Vanek isn't Satan yet but with 7 year contract in his hip pocket, he is well on his way. He'll be a New York Islander in less than 3 years, ok, maybe 4.
                          I mean top notch club from top to bottom. I believe they are built right and just going through some change right now. I'm not worried. They've gotten up towards the top before and they will ascend there again.

Satan is a veteran player with a very bad me attitude. Don't think it's fair at all to put that on Vanek. Give the kid a year or two to mature and see if he grows into his role on this team before you throw him away as the garbage Satan is.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                            • Aug 2002

I mean top notch club from top to bottom. I believe they are built right and just going through some change right now. I'm not worried. They've gotten up towards the top before and they will ascend there again.

Satan is a veteran player with a very bad me attitude. Don't think it's fair at all to put that on Vanek. Give the kid a year or two to mature and see if he grows into his role on this team before you throw him away as the garbage Satan is.

I think that they were "built right" a year ago, but when you get beat not only in the game but physically punished like Ottawa did to us in the EC Finals, you have to get bigger. We sat idle and did not get bigger and now look at us.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffatexas
                              I think that they were "built right" a year ago, but when you get beat not only in the game but physically punished like Ottawa did to us in the EC Finals, you have to get bigger. We sat idle and did not get bigger and now look at us.
                              and we trounced Ottawa the year before too. Too much wining about how good we were last year and how bad we are this year. That's my point. The organization is built well for the long-haul and will rise up again. The real question should be whether or not the players are willing to come and play here if you ask me not how committed this team is to winning.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                                • Aug 2002

and we trounced Ottawa the year before too. Too much wining about how good we were last year and how bad we are this year. That's my point. The organization is built well for the long-haul and will rise up again. The real question should be whether or not the players are willing to come and play here if you ask me not how committed this team is to winning.
                                I think that this edition of the team would do as well, IF it was last year. Unfortunately, the speed game, which we excel at, is changing. Teams are getting bigger. They are crashing the net more and are not hesitant to get in the way of shooters. I do not see the Sabs doing that. We lack size and strength. I would say that if we make some key moves in the offseason to bulk up, then we will be in a lot better shape

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍