Marty Schottenheimer wanted to coach the Bills, The Ralph Wilson didn't want him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

Re: Marty Schottenheimer wanted to coach the Bills, The Ralph Wilson didn't want him.

Originally posted by NE39
    BTW, Adam Schefter tweeted this:

Any owner who bases his coaching selection on sizzle factor is an idiot. If the guy has the tools to be a good coach who cares if wears a pink dress to the games? Big names are nice to debate on message boards but winning games is the only thing that matters.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Re: Marty Schottenheimer wanted to coach the Bills, The Ralph Wilson didn't want him.

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
      Any owner who bases his coaching selection on sizzle factor is an idiot. If the guy has the tools to be a good coach who cares if wears a pink dress to the games? Big names are nice to debate on message boards but winning games is the only thing that matters.
      hell, how much sizzle factor would there be if they hired jimmy johnson, don shula or bill belicheck to be the Bills coach? because of what they did to the Bills people should be outraged if RW did that, and rightly so -that is sleeping with the enemy to the highest degree...but the outrage would fade and people would eat it up if any of them came here and won. it is about winning.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by JPFBillsFan
        Marty Ball 0-13 in the playoffs....ENOUGH SAID~!

Yeah, because Gailey has a much more impressive playoff record...Buy a clue son.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
          • Feb 2009

I don't believe this one minute.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by JPFBillsFan
            Marty Ball 0-13 in the playoffs....ENOUGH SAID~!
            5-13

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

It doesn't matter who is the coach here if they don't have the resources to be succesful.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                • Jul 2004

@Hemlepp53

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                  • Feb 2008

I didnt want him. Hes a very bland conservative boring coach. Itll be a Jauron O still

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

I think some of you are jumping to conclusions way too fast. From the horses' mouth:

Marty Schottenheimer Says No To Coaching Bills Or Any Team

http://gridironfans.com/forums/lates...bills-any.html

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dujek
                        Where did I say that the Bills made a good hire?

I said that based on previous record and experience Gailey deserved to be given a shot before he was thrown under the bus. Big difference.

But you only see what you want to see, and don't realise when the fact you have to resort to namecalling and hyperbole shows that you've lost a debate.
                        I didn't lose a debate. You made the statement that you give Chan Gailey the "benefit of the doubt" and I'm saying, as a life long Bills fan -- SCREW THAT! I am taking a faraway view of things. I don't know where you live, but I live in Southern California, far away from Buffalo. The Bills are a laughingstock outside of WNY. Heck, Tedy Bruschi was on ESPN tonight saying the Bills are the "Raiders of the East" because of the Chan Gailey hire. He went on to say that no team is going to be intimidated by the Bills and this hire. I don't like Tedy Bruschi, but that pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say. It was a crap hire by a crap franchise. And, to top it off, it appears that there was a legitimate candidate interested in the job (Schotty) that the Bills deliberately didn't hire. The fans would've loved Marty. That guy is a winner.

I don't know what world you are living in man, but it's not the world that the other 31 teams of the NFL live in. They are laughing at the Buffalo Bills right now. And for that, I am no longer in the mood to give the Bills or Chan Gailey the benefit of the doubt. They need to earn the fans' trust at this point.
                        Last edited by Mudflap1; 01-19-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Nix shot down Marty. Not Ralph.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                            Nix shot down Marty. Not Ralph.
                            You keep posting this everywhere. How do you know?
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              I think some of you are jumping to conclusions way too fast. From the horses' mouth:

Thank you....I was trying to find a quote from Marty, but was short on time before leaving for a meeting, and just returned.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Philagape
                                WIN NOW
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                                You keep posting this everywhere. How do you know?
                                A little birdie told him that the bartender at Duff's has a brother-in-law whose sources tracked the flights of a reporter who read it on a blog.
                                Last edited by Philagape; 01-19-2010, 10:27 PM.
                                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X