X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IAG
    • Jan 2005

Re: We were better off....

The peak of Williams' career was in 2003 and 004 under Jerry Gray. The defense was legit.
    DE- Kelsay and Schobel
    DT- Adams and Williams
    LB- Posey, Fletcher, Spikes
    CB- Clements and McGee
    S- Milloy and Vincent

What would give for that type of defense today?

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IAG
      The peak of Williams' career was in 2003 and 004 under Jerry Gray. The defense was legit.
      DE- Kelsay and Schobel
      DT- Adams and Williams
      LB- Posey, Fletcher, Spikes
      CB- Clements and McGee
      S- Milloy and Vincent

What would give for that type of defense today?
      If anything- give the credit to Gregg Williams. He has duplicated his defensive success a few times since.

If TD was any good, why is he not in the NFL now?

Comment

• IAG
        • Jan 2005

You ever think he might want to be with his family? He has done consulting working according to the net.

BTW, should we start listing the players he brought in Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
          • Sep 2002

Mr. IAG you are in the distinct minority here. I had high hopes for him when he came on board but became very disillusioned with his chicanery.

BTW where has he worked in the NFL since he was let go. I know Chris Mortenson likes him and all the ******s on ESPN but who else.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by IAG

You ever think he might want to be with his family? He has done consulting working according to the net.

BTW, should we start listing the players he brought in Pittsburgh.
            Who cares what he did in Pittsburgh? Cowher was most probably the power there, anyway, since he forced Donahoe out.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

I can't believe there is even a thread like this. Donahoe was our downfall. Wilson actually put resources on the table then and made and effort to win. Not only did TD make bad decisions the way he did business was absolutely horrible and ruined the culture in the locker room and threatened the teams relationship with Bills nation. Since then RW has gone ultra conservative and the team ultra sucks.

Comment

• IAG
                • Jan 2005

Wilson is your downfall....see Jauron, Marv the GM, Nix and Chan Gailey.

BTW, who are the good players that the post-Jauron admin brought in?

Jackson, Jarius Bryd, Poz...maybe?

Face it, he was better than the garbage that organization has produced since 2006.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IAG

Face it, he was better than the garbage that organization has produced since 2006.

That's true...a job by a bad GM certainly is better than the non-GM job Levy did.

Comment

• IAG
                    • Jan 2005

I had hope with Donahoe....I honestly do not even want to get interested in the team anymore.

The rest of the AFC has a plan and commitment to winning. I cannot say that about the Bills.

The Lions, Raiders and Bills...the bottom feeders in the league.

BTW, Nix should not crap on the Raiders. Who is he to dump on them?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by IAG

Nix and Gailey are really too new to evaluate, except that Nix most likely contributed to last year's draft. That draft has the potential to be very good, although Maybin is still a question mark.

And the "post-Jauron admin" just started. I don't believe it has brought in any players yet.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• IAG
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Nix and Gailey are really too new to evaluate, except that Nix most likely contributed to last year's draft. That draft has the potential to be very good, although Maybin is still a question mark.

And the "post-Jauron admin" just started. I don't believe it has brought in any players yet.
                        You are correct...I did not mean that way....how many good players did the post-Donahoe guys bring in...good correction- thanks.

Comment

• Buddo
                          • Mar 2007

For all that Donahoe did bring in some decent FAs, he destroyed the franchise with his piss-poor drafting.
                          Even in the last few years with Levy/Jauron, at least we have had the majority of picks at the top of the draft being decent players. Maybe not as good as we would have hoped, but still good enough to start. (An exception being McCargo).
                          You can probably count the number of good picks Donahoe had, on the fingers of one hand - and that is through all his drafts.
                          You cannot become/remain competitive, if you draft badly.
                          Part of his remit also, was to actually hire a good HC, something else he singularly failed at.

Comment

• Neubs24
                            CEO of Dubious Operations
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                            he also was responsible for releasing Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield.

Losman cost us a 1st rd pick, and McGahee and Miek Williams were a complete waste of a 1st rd pick.

the guy was making big mistakes that helped reduce this team to what it became the last few years
                            The only 1st round pick that Losman cost us was the one used to get him.

Comment

• Neubs24
                              CEO of Dubious Operations
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by IAG

Wilson was an absentee owner after TD came in...

Comment

• Luisito23
                                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                                • Apr 2003

I never thought I lived to see the day when someone made a thread defending, and glorifying Tom Donahoe!!!!
                                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                                X