• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Another Donahoe mistake considering retirement

Losing Pat Williams was one of the big mistakes that Donahoe made during his tenure in Buffalo (IMHO) and it looks like Big Pat may hang them up:

[Defensive tackle Pat Williams said Monday he's "50-50" on whether he'll return for the final year of his contract. At 37, Williams is the second-oldest player on the team behind the 40-year-old Favre.

The three-time Pro Bowl pick said he feels fine physically, but is mentally "drained" after a devastating end to his 13th NFL season. The Vikings lost to the New Orleans Saints in overtime of the NFC championship game Sunday

Link
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Another Donahoe mistake considering retirement

imagine if we signed Williams to a long term deal, then drafted Ngata instead of bum whitner
    how different would our D be then?
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
      imagine if we signed Williams to a long term deal, then drafted Ngata instead of bum whitner
      how different would our D be then?
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        Losing Pat Williams was one of the big mistakes that Donahoe made during his tenure in Buffalo (IMHO) and it looks like Big Pat may hang them up:

[Defensive tackle Pat Williams said Monday he's "50-50" on whether he'll return for the final year of his contract. At 37, Williams is the second-oldest player on the team behind the 40-year-old Favre.

The three-time Pro Bowl pick said he feels fine physically, but is mentally "drained" after a devastating end to his 13th NFL season. The Vikings lost to the New Orleans Saints in overtime of the NFC championship game Sunday

Link
        Losing Pat Williams wasn't really a mistake Donahoe made, it was done out of necessity due to the poor salary cap position the team was in when he took the job. Donahoe didn't have much of a choice.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I saw Tom Donahoe last night and tried to interview him about the Bills.

As you'd expect, he declined to comment about anything.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
            Losing Pat Williams wasn't really a mistake Donahoe made, it was done out of necessity due to the poor salary cap position the team was in when he took the job. Donahoe didn't have much of a choice.
            I just like to blame all the good players we lost during his tenure on Donahoe.

Comment

Working...
            X