This team can't even ****ing win correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: This team can't even ****ing win correctly.

Originally posted by OpIv37
    Sorry, I broke my promise, but I had to vent. I was so pissed by that effort in the third period, it was pathetic.

They sort of won- they gave up a free point to the team ahead of them in the conference standings. It will come back to haunt them.
    The effort was not bad in the 3rd.

Both teams were dead tired. Neither team did a damn thing. It was boring hockey.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter

Both teams were dead tired. Neither team did a damn thing. It was boring hockey.
      A PP where they don't establish the zone until there's only 15 seconds left is a bad effort. You won't convince me otherwise.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

A PP where they don't establish the zone until there's only 15 seconds left is a bad effort. You won't convince me otherwise.
        Man, that was 2 minutes out of the period not the entire time.

It was a ****ty PP. No doubt. I already said that.

That does not mean it was a crappy game, a poor effort or that they did not win "correctly" (whatever the **** that means).

They beat a very good team. They came off a 7 game road trip, with one day off (which was used for travel) and beat New Jersey.

Is that worth nothing? Really?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

That does not mean it was a crappy game, a poor effort or that they did not win "correctly" (whatever the **** that means).

They beat a very good team. They came off a 7 game road trip, with one day off (which was used for travel) and beat New Jersey.

Is that worth nothing? Really?
          It means they gave up a free point and an opportunity to be 2nd in the conference by winning in a SO instead of winning in regulation.

If it were a WC team it wouldn't matter. If it was a team at the bottom of the EC standings it wouldn't matter. But it wasn't- it was the team with whom the Sabres are jockeying for playoff position. This is exactly what I mean when I say Buffalo fans have accepted mediocrity. Giving up points in this situation is not good enough. Not. Good. Enough.

NJ played last night so they were tired too. The BS excuses go both ways.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
            • Sep 2003

3rd place in the East, a point out of 2nd, is not "mediocrity".
            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
              we were in first before the road trip.

Going from first to 3rd and surrendering a chance to be 2nd in the conference is pretty mediocre in my book.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

No, mediocre in a conference of 15 is going from 6th to 8th. Or 7th to 9th.
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                  The NHL needs to figure out how to get rid of this TRAP CRAP. It is totally ruining hockey. Games like this are almost unwatchable.
                  Agreed. I was at the arena and had problems keeping my eyes open. Of course it didn't help that both teams played lackadaisical and very sloppy.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Extremely boring. I know I wasn't the only one falling asleep while watching it.

Comment

• G Wolly
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                      And having an Olympic-level goaltender who leads in save % and is in the top 3 in other stat categories.

And how do you not win "correctly"?

If we score more points by any means, it seems like quite the correct way to win.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by G Wolly

And how do you not win "correctly"?
                        you allow the other team to take the game to OT, hence guaranteeing them a point and losing a chance to move up to 2nd in the conference.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G Wolly
                          • Mar 2004

you allow the other team to take the game to OT, hence guaranteeing them a point and losing a chance to move up to 2nd in the conference.
                          There's still like 30 games left. If we fall to 8th or 9th then you can commence the *****ing.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

devils suck, cant believe they let a team competing with them for the #1 seed take them to overtime.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

The Sabres coming off a long road trip with very little rest against a very worthy opponent had every reason to lay down and give this game away. Last year this would have been a guarantee that they did that. The game tonight they fought hard as they could with a good honest effort and despite being weary, came out with a shootout win against a future HOF goaltender tonight. I'm happy as hell. I'll take the "W."

GO SABRES!!!
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                                Zero for Zero!
                                • Mar 2003

It means they gave up a free point and an opportunity to be 2nd in the conference by winning in a SO instead of winning in regulation.

If it were a WC team it wouldn't matter. If it was a team at the bottom of the EC standings it wouldn't matter. But it wasn't- it was the team with whom the Sabres are jockeying for playoff position. This is exactly what I mean when I say Buffalo fans have accepted mediocrity. Giving up points in this situation is not good enough. Not. Good. Enough.

NJ played last night so they were tired too. The BS excuses go both ways.
                                AAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITY!!!!

I hate that. That is such BS. Complete, total BS.

You sound like such an ass when you say that. A complete total ass. I get so sick of it. I really want to tell you to perform an anatomically impossible act, but I will pass.

First off, I already said both teams were tired. Clearly. A number of times. Apparently you are not able to read.

You can ***** all you want. It is threads/posts like this where people get the idea you think the only acceptable outcome for the Sabres is to win all 82 games 5-1.

Can you please give the Devils some credit? Fact is they are a good team and tough to beat. Fact is the Sabres got 2 points and they got 1. If the Sabres do that the rest of the year, they will finish ahead of them.

You are *****ing about the Sabres winning a ****ing game. (Not to mention after you said you were done *****ing).

Is 3rd in the East not good enough for you? Is getting 2 points not better than getting 1? Did you expect this team to be first in the East at this time?

The Sabres are not the only team on the ice.

Give the Devils some credit.

And quit acting like a spoiled brat who would ***** if the team went 16-1 in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X