This team can't even ****ing win correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: This team can't even ****ing win correctly.

Originally posted by OpIv37
    we were in first before the road trip.

Going from first to 3rd and surrendering a chance to be 2nd in the conference is pretty mediocre in my book.

Can you look at the results of the entire season and not try to find a way to ***** about a win?

Big picture. Not Op's "OMG!!!! They did not win 5-1" They suck!!!"

The Devils are a good team. Getting two points against them is pretty damn good.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
      AAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITY!!!!

I hate that. That is such BS. Complete, total BS.

You sound like such an ass when you say that. A complete total ass. I get so sick of it. I really want to tell you to perform an anatomically impossible act, but I will pass.

First off, I already said both teams were tired. Clearly. A number of times. Apparently you are not able to read.

You can ***** all you want. It is threads/posts like this where people get the idea you think the only acceptable outcome for the Sabres is to win all 82 games 5-1.

Can you please give the Devils some credit? Fact is they are a good team and tough to beat. Fact is the Sabres got 2 points and they got 1. If the Sabres do that the rest of the year, they will finish ahead of them.

You are *****ing about the Sabres winning a ****ing game. (Not to mention after you said you were done *****ing).

Is 3rd in the East not good enough for you? Is getting 2 points not better than getting 1? Did you expect this team to be first in the East at this time?

The Sabres are not the only team on the ice.

Give the Devils some credit.

And quit acting like a spoiled brat who would ***** if the team went 16-1 in the playoffs.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

If they had won in regulation, they would have tied NJ in the Eastern Conf standings. Instead, they remain a point behind the Devils and 5 behind the Caps.

Remember this if we end up in 3rd and Ottawa ends up in 6th. I ****ing hate the bonus point in the shootouts.

The 3rd period was atrocious. They only managed 8 shots, and 3 of them came in the waning minutes. That power play was one of the worst I've ever seen. I was going to come on here and complain about the lack of PP time the last two games, but after watching that PP, I think the refs are actually trying to do the Sabres a favor by not assessing penalties to their opponents.

The 3rd period against Vancouver was just as lackluster.

This team better wake up NOW.
        I'm done being nice...you were done *****ing...just stop the *****ing NOW. You really do ruin things for other people.
        Last edited by Ebenezer; 01-28-2010, 07:04 AM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• rbochan
          Zamboni Driver
          • Jun 2008

...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
          it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Threads like this are such bull****.

Even if they won in regulation and would've been "tied", NJ would've been ahead of them because of total wins, so they would still be in third.

Settle it the **** down.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Op, seriously. I know you are only trying to point out the weaknesses that this team needs to overcome in order to win a championship but at some point you just have to mute it. That's the type of coaching personality that teams turn on and just quit. Sometimes a win is just that...a win. Lindy didn't seem pissed. I don't think he went in and ripped the team a new bunghole. You really have to lighten up. Not chastizing...just some friendly advice...take it for what you want.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                This team's fans can't even ENJOY A ****ING WIN correctly. Over a pretty dang good team.
                Seriously what a nutjob.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  Threads like this are such bull****.

Even if they won in regulation and would've been "tied", NJ would've been ahead of them because of total wins, so they would still be in third.

Settle it the **** down.
                  I was thinking this thread was more gay than Bull****.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    I was thinking this thread was more gay than Bull****.
                    I was being nice.

I'm embarrassed by this thread for all Sabres fans.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

we were in first before the road trip.

Going from first to 3rd and surrendering a chance to be 2nd in the conference is pretty mediocre in my book.
                      This might be the single dumbest thing I've read outside of the BZ.

Teams flip flop 1st, 2nd, 3rd place on a nightly basis.

The night the Sabres took first, they were actually tied with Washington but held the tie-breaker due to playing less games.

So right there, the minute Washington gets a point, they are back in first. The Devils were also in first at one point this season too.

As long as they win their division, you should be happy, considering that would be by far exceeding your expectations. If they play Ottawa in the playoffs, we'll worry, but there is no sense in getting worked up over that now.

And by the way, at least the Sabres can win, because all of your other favorite teams can't even do that much right.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        This might be the single dumbest thing I've read outside of the BZ.

Teams flip flop 1st, 2nd, 3rd place on a nightly basis.

The night the Sabres took first, they were actually tied with Washington but held the tie-breaker due to playing less games.

So right there, the minute Washington gets a point, they are back in first. The Devils were also in first at one point this season too.
                        Also the Caps went on a six game tear and won everything while the Sabres went against the (at the time) #2, #3, #4 teams in the West and played them all tough (and won one). The Sabres can't prevent another team from winning unless they actually play them.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

So what you guys are basically saying is "it's ok that we gave up a point to the devils because they're good and it's ok that we had a bad road trip and dropped to third because we had to play good teams."

Having a good overall record but struggling against the better teams is simply not good enough. I can't even believe I have to argue this point. If that's not accepting mediocrity, what is?

Yes, the sabres have surprised me so far this year, and they may actually have a chance to do something. But I'm watching that chance slip away. You guys can make all the excuses you want about good opponents and road trips, but a team that can't handle travel or good opponents is doomed to a short playoff run.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

So what you guys are basically saying is "it's ok that we gave up a point to the devils because they're good and it's ok that we had a bad road trip and dropped to third because we had to play good teams."

Having a good overall record but struggling against the better teams is simply not good enough. I can't even believe I have to argue this point. If that's not accepting mediocrity, what is?

Yes, the sabres have surprised me so far this year, and they may actually have a chance to do something. But I'm watching that chance slip away. You guys can make all the excuses you want about good opponents and road trips, but a team that can't handle travel or good opponents is doomed to a short playoff run.
                            How do you figure we GAVE them a point. They are just as good as we are. We Took the extra point FROM THEM.

Yeah we really struggled against New Jersey last night winning the game and all.

Do you realize what you sound like sometimes?

We have beat Jersey, Penguins, Capitals, Blackhawks this season. No slouches there.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

And what does this say about the Devils? After alll they gave up two points to the Sabres. And lost to Ottawa the night before.

They gave up two points to the Sabres. Good teams struggle against each other. The top of the East is very even in the NHL. That is the point. No team is running away with it.

Re-read your first post and try and tell us it sounds rational. The chance is not slipping away. They are still well in 3rd. I think all of us would have liked to see 8 or 9 points + on the road trip, but the SO struggles stopped that. (as well as a bad 8 minutes against Anaheim and Kerry Fraser).

There is a lot of parity in the NHL. So far the Sabres have done better than all but two Eastern teams. They are not perfect. Nobody thinks they are.

But it is not as horrific as your first post makes it sound.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                                How do you figure we GAVE them a point. They are just as good as we are. We Took the extra point FROM THEM.

Yeah we really struggled against New Jersey last night winning the game and all.

Do you realize what you sound like sometimes?

We have beat Jersey, Penguins, Capitals, Blackhawks this season. No slouches there.
                                we gave them a point with one of the worst pp's I've ever seen and a lackluster 3rd period. You say they took it- I say we shouldn't let then take it.

And you have a selective memory for victories. For example, we are 1-2 against the caps. Just because we beat them once doesn't mean we don't struggle against them.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X