This team can't even ****ing win correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: This team can't even ****ing win correctly.

Originally posted by RockStar36
    I can't believe how irrational you are with the Sabres when all your other teams suck a big fat ****.

You should be happy you have a team in first place.

I love when you brag about the Sabres on Facebook. Sometimes it almost assures me that this is all an act to rile people up. Either that or you're the biggest flip flopper on the planet.
    Did the Sabres give up a chance to be tied in points with the Devils by failing to finish the game in regulation or not?

The Sabres missed the playoffs by TWO POINTS last year. We gave up one point to the team ahead of us in the standings- that's half the margin that kept us out of the playoffs this year. You guys are sitting here arguing that a point here or a point there doesn't matter, but it does.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Did the Sabres give up a chance to be tied in points with the Devils by failing to finish the game in regulation or not?

The Sabres missed the playoffs by TWO POINTS last year. We gave up one point to the team ahead of us in the standings- that's half the margin that kept us out of the playoffs this year. You guys are sitting here arguing that a point here or a point there doesn't matter, but it does.
      Whoa, settle down.

Yes, they aren't "tied" with NJ, even though NJ would've still had the tie-breaker. However, we're talking about 2nd and 3rd place in the EC, not 8th and 9th.

There are also 30 games left to make up that one point.

Including the very last game of the season.

I think the game tonight and the games against Ottawa are much more of a big deal than this game against NJ.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Shouldn't the Devils be far more ****ing concerned that they "gave up" 2 points to the team directly below them then???

This thread is a complete and total ****ing joke and the exact reason I haven't posted in this forum in the past 2 months. I considered returning to it when you said you'd stop arguing about this team, but I knew it was far too good to be true.

Sooner or later there has to come a point where you realize that EVERY SINGLE person in here disagrees with you and that maybe, just maybe YOU ARE WRONG.

Now, I'm going to leave again before I tell you what I REALLY think and earn myself a forced vacation.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          Shouldn't the Devils be far more ****ing concerned that they "gave up" 2 points to the team directly below them then???

This thread is a complete and total ****ing joke and the exact reason I haven't posted in this forum in the past 2 months. I considered returning to it when you said you'd stop arguing about this team, but I knew it was far too good to be true.

Sooner or later there has to come a point where you realize that EVERY SINGLE person in here disagrees with you and that maybe, just maybe YOU ARE WRONG.

Now, I'm going to leave again before I tell you what I REALLY think and earn myself a forced vacation.
          No- at the end of the day, the Devils are still ahead of us in the standings and it's still on the Sabres to make up the gap. Do they have reasons to be concerned after that game? Probably, but they're still ahead.

Just because everyone disagrees with me doesn't make me wrong. The majority does not determine reality.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

the devils got a point in the standings because the Sabres were unable to finish the game in regulation. How could I be wrong? The final score reflects it and the standings reflect it. If the game was "hard fought," we would have won it in regulation and been tied for points. But go check the standings. It didn't happen like that.
            Man you are something.
            How many 1 - 0 shutouts do you see on a nightly basis?
            If the game was "hard fought," we would have won it in regulation and been tied for points.
            How can you possibly make this statement in a serious manner?

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

If they miss the playoffs this year because they gave an extra point to NJ, then you feel free to *****.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

No- at the end of the day, the Devils are still ahead of us in the standings and it's still on the Sabres to make up the gap. Do they have reasons to be concerned after that game? Probably, but they're still ahead.

Just because everyone disagrees with me doesn't make me wrong. The majority does not determine reality.
                Hilarious!!!

Yes it does OP. It really does.

I mess around with you a lot but this thread is one of your more ridiculous in awhile.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Whoa, settle down.

Yes, they aren't "tied" with NJ, even though NJ would've still had the tie-breaker. However, we're talking about 2nd and 3rd place in the EC, not 8th and 9th.

There are also 30 games left to make up that one point.

Including the very last game of the season.

I think the game tonight and the games against Ottawa are much more of a big deal than this game against NJ.
                  Do you really want the Sabres to have to beat Brodeur on the road in the final game of the season to secure playoff positioning?

Granted, there are still 30 games left and it may not go down like that, but I'd much rather start making up ground now and lessen the chances of that happening so we don't have to worry about it.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Hilarious!!!

Yes it does OP. It really does.

I mess around with you a lot but this thread is one of your more ridiculous in awhile.
                    If I said the sky was blue and 50 people came on here and argued with me that the sky was red, I'd still be right. That's what's going on here.

The Sabres let the team just ahead of them in the standings remain ahead of them in the standings by not finishing the game in regulation. You guys can make all the excuses about road trips and "hard fought games" or whatever you want, but the reality is that the Devils got a point out of the game and thus remain ahead of us in the standings. Nothing you can say will change that fact.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      Man you are something.
                      How many 1 - 0 shutouts do you see on a nightly basis?

How can you possibly make this statement in a serious manner?
                      I don't care about winning 1-0. I just care about not giving up free points to teams close to us in the standings. Why is that so hard to understand?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                        • Sep 2004

Do you really want the Sabres to have to beat Brodeur on the road in the final game of the season to secure playoff positioning?

Granted, there are still 30 games left and it may not go down like that, but I'd much rather start making up ground now and lessen the chances of that happening so we don't have to worry about it.
                        First of all, I'm pretty sure they won 4-1 in the their only game in NJ this season.

Second, they did make up ground. They started out the other night down 2 points to NJ, and finished the night down 1 point. Last time I checked, that is making up ground.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

First of all, I'm pretty sure they won 4-1 in the their only game in NJ this season.

Second, they did make up ground. They started out the other night down 2 points to NJ, and finished the night down 1 point. Last time I checked, that is making up ground.
                          but they could have been tied. Instead they settled for still being one point down. That's what frustrates me. Why am I the only one who seems to care about that? I just don't get it.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

I don't care about winning 1-0. I just care about not giving up free points to teams close to us in the standings. Why is that so hard to understand?
                            Because your never happy and it is sad.
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

but they could have been tied. Instead they settled for still being one point down. That's what frustrates me. Why am I the only one who seems to care about that? I just don't get it.
                              But they wouldn't have been tied. NJ would've had the tie-breaker so the standings would've looked exactly the same, besides the one point difference.

I guess I'm not that upset about it because there are 30 games left to go.

I wish we could all just relax a little bit until the trade deadline. We'll know a whole lot more when that time comes of what this team is made of or what they will do.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                                Because your never happy and it is sad.
                                There were four possible outcomes to the game.

1. A win (2 points for us, 0 for for them)
                                2. An OT Win (2 for us, 1 for them)
                                3. An OT loss (1 for us, 2 for them)
                                4. A loss (0 for us, 2 for them).

The team failed to obtain the best possible outcome, and failed to tie NJ in points. Why would anyone who claims to be a fan of the team be happy with anything less than the best possible outcome? That doesn't make any sense.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X