X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Re: The myth that is Michael Vick

Vick is automatically better than any rookie or FA you bring in. Upgrade!

This allows us to fill an important O/D line void or LB with the first pick.
    Upgrade!

This also allows us to spend some money in FA because we didn't need to for these spots!
    Makes us better!

All the people that won't support the team if vick comes in won't buy tickets (the same people that cry about people standing at the game -STAY AT HOME ON THE COUCH THEN)
    The stadium becomes louder and scarier! Upgrade!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
      • Feb 2009

I'll tell you this much, Vick would actually give DC's something to worry about. Something they haven't had to do in atleast 5 years.

Comment

• ChanGailey
        Veteran Zoner
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DrGraves
        Vick is automatically better than any rookie or FA you bring in. Upgrade!

This allows us to fill an important O/D line void or LB with the first pick.
        Upgrade!

This also allows us to spend some money in FA because we didn't need to for these spots!
        Makes us better!

All the people that won't support the team if vick comes in won't buy tickets (the same people that cry about people standing at the game -STAY AT HOME ON THE COUCH THEN)
        The stadium becomes louder and scarier! Upgrade!
        Dude, how can you say Vick is better than any free agent you can get?

He's produced 200 yards in the last 3 years. His highest QB rating for a season was 81. That is below average pal. He's a lifetime 75 qb rating. That is in the department of Jay Fiedler, and Erik Kramer. And if your wondering, Neil Odonnell's career rating was 81 and Dave Craig had an 81 as well.

Ok, so he used to be able to run. He missed several games this year with injury, and as I've stated time and time again, he's missed 33% of his football career due to injury and criminal activity.

So yes, if you consider a 75 rated passer, 4 years past his prime, over 30, who misses 33% of his playing opportunity due to bad reasons (1 season injury, 2 seasons crime) then he would be an upgrade.

But nobody would want that.

Also, given his track record, I'd be willing to bet he'll be in trouble again by September. He's a scumbag through and through and, like his crappy brother, will be in trouble again.

Your f'n high if you think this is a viable option. Kyle Orton would do more to help this team win.
        Last edited by ChanGailey; 02-01-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ChanGailey
          Dude, how can you say Vick is better than any free agent you can get?

He's produced 200 yards in the last 3 years. His highest QB rating for a season was 81. That is below average pal. He's a lifetime 75 qb rating. That is in the department of Jay Fiedler, and Erik Kramer. And if your wondering, Neil Odonnell's career rating was 81 and Dave Craig had an 81 as well.

Ok, so he used to be able to run. He missed several games this year with injury, and as I've stated time and time again, he's missed 33% of his football career due to injury and criminal activity.

So yes, if you consider a 75 rated passer, 4 years past his prime, over 30, who misses 33% of his playing opportunity due to bad reasons (1 season injury, 2 seasons crime) then he would be an upgrade.

But nobody would want that.

Also, given his track record, I'd be willing to bet he'll be in trouble again by September. He's a scumbag through and through and, like his crappy brother, will be in trouble again.

Your f'n high if you think this is a viable option. Kyle Orton would do more to help this team win.
          We are the high ones then you mention Orton.... LOL
          For one there is 0 chance he hits the market, secondly if by a miracle he does he will be by far the best QB out there. KYLE ORTON? We shell out huge dollars for KYLE ORTON? That is scary.

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

Originally posted by kernowboy
            For all the fans calling for Michael Vick and talking that some how if we'd give up valuable draft picks that we'd at least make the Championship game, then a little cold war needs to be poured on this assumption.

Vick is an extremely average QB. Whilst his win-loss record in Atlanta superfically appears impressive, a closer investigation demonstrates it is actually very average.

1) In most seasons he barely threw more TDs than INTs in Atlanta and since coming out of jail has thrown for a total of 86yds so it will be over 4 years he's regularly started. He has only once thrown for 2,500yds+ once and that was 8 years ago.

this is a fact.

JP Losman has thrown further in one season than Vick has at any point in his career.

Trent Edwards has thrown for further in 2008 when he only played 14games than Vick has ever thrown since 2002 and would probably have beaten Vick's totals if he had played those extra 2 games.

2) Whilst he was at Atlanta, they also had the Thunder and Lightning duo of Dunn and Duckett. In 3 of 4 seasons at Atlanta with Vick, Dunn ran over 1,000yds and this was complemented by Duckett. Most of Atlanta's gains can be attributed to non-Vick reasons - they had fantastic running backs.

3) Roddy White became a top receiver only after Vick was jailed showing how poor Vick is at connecting with his WR. Hell, White gained over 1,000yds with Redman/Harrington under center which tells you all you need to know about Vick's lack of passing ability. His sole skill is to the dunk the ball off to the TE and it has to be asked if we have a TE of Crumpler's ability in his prime

4) Vick had an elite pass protecting RT in Todd Weiner protecting his blindside - he'll not find that in Buffalo even if Butler is fit.

Forgetting the disgrace of a human being that Vick is for a moment, it seems that fans are measuring Vick on his past endeavours than the current reality.

Much as fans wanted Marty as head coach, the 'Joe Gibbs return' must weigh on people's minds. When you are away from the game, how much has the game moved on to the point where what you previously offered can now be easily neutralised?

Vick offers nothing apart from a totally unwelcome distraction. He is a 'me first guy' who will do nothing to aid the development of our young WRs, will not best use Evans and not bring any sort of offensive improvement as teams will simply stack up against us v the run and dare us to beat them in the air.

And one final thing on Vick. When The Falcons tried to reclaim the signing bonus from Vick asking for $20m of the original $37m, the outcome was this.

The arbitrator agreed with the Falcons' contentions that Vick knew he was engaging in illegal activity when he signed his new contract in 2004, and that he had used the bonus money to pay for the operation.

Even the less than envied Arthur Blank didn't stoop so low as to accept Vick back onto his team

So you aren't a Vick fan?!

No one has ever said Vick is a good passing quarterback. So if we get him he doesn't need to have a high completion percentage like Edwards or Losman. The difference is something you skip over. Touchdowns! Vick would get his team in the endzone.

What you have to judge Vick on is who would you have start in 2010 instead? I see you talking about the 2011 draft. That player you want two drafts from now can not start this year. So please bring forward your choice for QB next year.

Finally, I am not an advocate of Vick. I would prefer moving up to get Bradford or Clausen. But Vick > Edwards, Fitz, Brohm. And he would come cheap. The last time we had a QB with marginal passing skills and mobility we did ok.

I do think it would be hilarious if we got him. Maybe then those who expect professional football players to be role models would finally just give up and realize that sports should be watched for entertainment. Also the Marshawn haters would have a new villain.
            Last edited by baalworship; 02-01-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2010

the thread starter fails to realize that when your qb is quick as barry sanders and has 4.2 speed that makes up for avg throwing. buffalo would be a nightmare to deal with having vick, jackson and lynch along with evans and owens deep. im all for brining in vick and then having vick tutor jarrett brown from west va

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

What on earth could Vick teach a young QB?

"Run as fast as I used to run" ??
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

Vick is an athlete the scouts stuck behind center. It was so intriguing and different that certain sections of the NFL fanbase fell in love with it.

Rather than see the truth, which is in fact that Vick is nothing more than a glorified wildcat QB with even worse accuracy than the QB's that are currently on the Bills' roster.

Honestly, the guy is trash as an NFL QB and trash as a person.

So why bring in the garbage when we should be taking it out?
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

How can you compare him to Manning's college career this early in his college career. He was a freshman.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2010

bills win u fail to realize we have no other option. if clausen and bradford are gone then who is our qb. and we are most likely going LT with 9 so who else is out there? vick is already better than anything we have had in a long time.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                        bills win u fail to realize we have no other option. if clausen and bradford are gone then who is our qb. and we are most likely going LT with 9 so who else is out there? vick is already better than anything we have had in a long time.
                        If we are truly rebuilding, and "our guy" isn't there at 9. I see no reason not to go LT in round one. Re-tool our defense and wide receiving corps and start Brohm or Edwards next season.

Then, we would have our lines situated, our defense stocked and the knowledge of what we have in Brohm.

It gives us room to move up in the draft next season and pick "our guy" next year.

I don't see how signing Vick helps the Bills unless we are certain to draft a top QB this year and need a vet to start in front of him for one season.

Even still, Vick wouldnt want a one year contact, so why would he come here any ways?
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Syderick
                          • Apr 2006

I don't know. He's a good athlete but he's got alot of baggage. If he's only worth low round pick, he's atleast someone to consider.
                          3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Really I haven't heard that type of praise for him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

there's no proof that Vick is even a better passer than Fitz and I think Fitz is nothing more than a back up.

Vick is nothing more than a situational qb. If we are running a wildcat every now and then then maybe it'll work. But Vick himself doesn't want to be a situational qb, he thinks he's a starter.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-02-2010, 09:26 AM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tampabay25690
                                • Feb 2004

Sometimes I wonder if any of you even watch other teams or players play.

To say Fitz may be a better passer then VICK??? OMG
                                Fitz is a good backup QB in this league Trent is a #2 QB in this league.

MIKE VICK was a PRO BOWL QB in this league.
                                Why not take a chance.

Anyone can say what they want and I know this site is about 50/50 on him but the guy makes plays.

I need to ask 1 question to the non believers
                                DO YOU WANT TO SEE THIS TEAM WIN?

I know I do and I willing to see what VICK has if he comes to the Bills...
                                GO Gators!!!!!!
                                GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X