X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

RUMOR: Eric Ciano to Buffalo for Strength and Conditioning

I am trying to find anything I can find on Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator, and came across this on the Georgia Tech message board...

Originally posted by EastJacket
    Buffalo turning into GT North

Damn Chan is taking someone else now, Eric Ciano looks to be going to Buffalo.

After all his years of coaching he really doesn't have other contacts?
    http://www.footballscoop.com/?cat=25

Here's the blurb from that article...

GA Tech: Our sources tell us GA Tech head strength coach Eric Ciano will be joining Chan Gailey’s staff with the Buffalo Bills.

Last edited by Michael82; 02-04-2010, 07:10 AM.
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: RUMOR: Eric Ciano to Buffalo for Strength and Conditioning

Thanks Mike! Keep digging!
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

I hope he is good at conditioning bones.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Here's his bio...

Eric Ciano is in his fourth season as Georgia Tech's Director of Player Development. He oversees Tech's strength and conditioning program for all sports while working primarily with the football team.

Ciano came to Tech in 2004 from the University of Tennessee, where he served as associate head strength and conditioning coach since 2002. He previously spent two years (2000-02) as the head strength and conditioning coach at Louisiana Tech, following two years (1997-99) as a graduate assistant at Tennessee.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
          • Jan 2010

third most important hire imo, hopefully its a good one

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I don't know any thing about this guy in particular.

However, with the number of injuries we've had, and the way this team rolls over and dies in the 4th quarter, a change in this area is necessary.

So I'm on board.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• realdealryan
              realdealrex
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Romes
              I hope he is good at conditioning bones.

I'm sure there are improvements to be made, but it's hard to get too excited about a S&C hire when you play back the Eric Wood injury in your head.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Sweet. There's a video out too. Sounds like another teacher and a good guy...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

As a strength coach he was very good at Tech. In college the job of the strength and conditioning coach is to take guys who come in weighing like 215 and make them put on 40-50 pounds in some cases and still play at the same level of athletic ability. Its a very difficult job and one Ciano did well at Tech. If he becomes the hire, then that's a very good get imo.

I just hope he can make sure all our ACL's are better conditioned.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    As a strength coach he was very good at Tech. In college the job of the strength and conditioning coach is to take guys who come in weighing like 215 and make them put on 40-50 pounds in some cases and still play at the same level of athletic ability. Its a very difficult job and one Ciano did well at Tech. If he becomes the hire, then that's a very good get imo.

good news for maybin then?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

They should hire Jay Glazier.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy

Sweet! Sounds like a good coach to get.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Not saying it won't happen but be careful with that site. They post the obvious connections with people and if you post a crazy ass rumor say Barry Sanders to return to coach QB's they would put it up. I know this because on a Syracuse message board they tested the theory on these guys and it worked.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Apparently his trainer from Georgia Tech is joining him, Jay Shoop. But I don't have scout.com insider access so I can see the thread....
                            Originally posted by EastJacket
                            ****in Gailey. Now our trainer Jay Shoop is joining him per scout.

This has been a horrible offseason so far. Just a lot of turnover and things going on.

I can't believe that SOB hasn't made any other connections in all his years of coaching.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

If any of you have scout.com insider access, the thread is here...

Comment

Working...
                              X