• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Brohm's chances at starting

The veteran defensive end loves Chicago, and he wants to stick around.

To avoid TOS violation, it basically says that even though we're looking for QBs, we may look to Brohm. It cites Papa John Scnatter, who saw Brohnm play a lot in college, as a supporter. He was blogged about here:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Never know who you're going to run into at the Super Bowl media center.While milling around before a news conference with The Who, I came across Papa John's founder John Schnatter.

Some excerpts:

Maybe quarterbacks guru Chan Gailey will be able to unlock Brohm's potential.

"I think if he gets a break, he can do great things," said Schnatter, a Louisville season ticket-holder. "He's just a fundamentally sound athlete. He's a smart guy. I think they way he'll beat you is he'll outsmart you. He's like Peyton Manning that way. He's just smart, strategic.

"He needs to get a shot, a couple big victories under his belt. Then I think you'll see him blossom. He needs a little confidence."
    2010 motto: Better ingredients, better QB, Buffalo Bills? How about he forks over $10 million a year and we rename the stadium Papa John's Stadium. I can hear it now... "You headed out to the Big Papa to see the Bills play on Sunday?" Get it done, Russ.

In all seriousness, I know we can't count on anything from Brohm right now, but I do hope he gets a chance to compete for the job. Good arm, great head... that is what I want from my QB.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Brohm's chances at starting

I'm sure Gailey won't leave any stones unturned. Every QB on this team will get a good look from Gailey. Even Trent.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

Unless it was somehow obvious Brohm can't play in practices, I don't see how anyone can pass judgement on him yet. I thought he looked okay in the Atlanta game. Nice velocity on passes. Chan can't start evaluating players until the first mini-camp.

PTR
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      4. All Religion should be taxed.
      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
      6. F**k her gently.
      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
        Unless it was somehow obvious Brohm can't play in practices, I don't see how anyone can pass judgement on him yet. I thought he looked okay in the Atlanta game. Nice velocity on passes. Chan can't start evaluating players until the first mini-camp.

PTR
        Nix has already had the opportunity to evaluate Brohm in practices, and one game.

It isn't a coincidence that Nix picked this guy up immediately after Jauron was ditched.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'd like to see Brohm get a fair chance at the starting spot. i'd love to see picking up this kid from a PS team being golden for the Bills.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
            Nix has already had the opportunity to evaluate Brohm in practices, and one game.

It isn't a coincidence that Nix picked this guy up immediately after Jauron was ditched.
            That's what has me thinking he'll definitely be in the mix. His addition to the roster has Nix's fingerprints all over it.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
              i'd like to see Brohm get a fair chance at the starting spot. i'd love to see picking up this kid from a PS team being golden for the Bills.
              Brohm was sort of being "hidden" on the PS in GB. They only carried 2 QBs, so they could afford to have more lineman on the active roster.

I can't remember the last time a team went and snagged a QB of a team's PS, mid-season. Especially since we didn't have any injuries at the position. Unless you count the vaginal tear suffered by T.E.

I have heard that Nix's ties in the south are strong, and he is the reason we have Wood/Nelson, and possibly a few others. I think he had his eyes on this guy for a while, but Richard Jaruon had a mancrush on TE, and wouldn't let it happen.

The day they drove old Dickie down, I am sure that Nix recommended the move.

My guess is Brohm is our started this year, and for many years to come. Just a guess, but I think that Cortez was brought in with Brohm in mind.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

His chances should be 0%

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Brohm pretty much assures the Bills won't have to waste a pick on a later round Qb... I doubt anyone after Clausen and Bradford is rated much if any higher then Brohm who actually has pro experience.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Brohm is the reason I am not wanting us to draft a QB early in the draft. We do not know what we have in him and there is no reason to take one of the "top" QBs in this draft as I highly doubt any of them are further along or have more upside than Brohm does.

I don't know how many times I have said or have heard others say that next years QB class projects to be better. Let's see what Brohm has before we spend $30M on a rookie QB.
                    Last edited by jamze132; 02-06-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      Brohm pretty much assures the Bills won't have to waste a pick on a later round Qb... I doubt anyone after Clausen and Bradford is rated much if any higher then Brohm who actually has pro experience.
                      While, I want to see Brohm get a chance, I still think the Bills might draft a QB in the mid or later rounds, unless they sign a veteran free agent. They'll head into training camp with Brohm and Fitzpatrick for sure, and two of the following three options: Edwards, a draft pick, and a veteran free agent. I think Hamdan is history.
                      Last edited by TigerJ; 02-06-2010, 07:05 PM.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get a fair chance but all this talk about how he looked in college is trivial. We need a top knotch QB to be successful here and need not settle for anything less for any reason. Quit the banter about how he's going to be the guy at this point he's just another Johnson, Lossman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                          • Sep 2008

Did ESPN really just cite Papa ****ing John? God, help us.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            I'm sure Gailey won't leave any stones unturned. Every QB on this team will get a good look from Gailey. Even Trent.
                            We already know Trentative is from the kidney stone lineage.

I've already passed him with the appopriate screaming.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR
                              Thank you for a sane QB/Gailey comment. Thought I must disagree... With your profile picture. GO MONARCH!
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X