Fill the 3-4 gaps with Steelers players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Fill the 3-4 gaps with Steelers players?

Now tsat we have Whaley, we have heard of several references of some Pittsburg players that could be on our FA radar to fill holes for the new 3-4 defense.

This article supports potential direction that Buffalo could look to Casey Hampton wth Whaley's Steeler's connection. If he isn't tagged then we could make a run at him but no way I see us giving up valuable picks for a tagged player.

Larry Foote is another that is going to be a FA. Could fill our OLB need.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Re: Fill the 3-4 gaps with Steelers players?

It might make sense if we were going to play a Pittsburgh type defence but there is no guarantee that Edwards will go down that route and may use something more along the lines of Miami's 3-4.

Whenever a guy comes from another team there is always a lot of 2+2=27 going on

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

i still don't understand why anyone thinks a FA would want to sign with this god forsaken franchise lol

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Hampton makes complete sense. The 2 Steeler Safties and the backup DL he mentions are not needed.

Foote got cut by the Steelers and signed for 1 year with the Lions. He's from that area and actually has stated he would like the Lions to sign him long term. We'll see.

Had a good year and is probably better than Mitchell. 6-1 239 but is strong as an ox. Won 2 SB's and that's ALWAYS good in the locker room.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• djjimkelly
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jpdex12
          Now tsat we have Whaley, we have heard of several references of some Pittsburg players that could be on our FA radar to fill holes for the new 3-4 defense.

This article supports potential direction that Buffalo could look to Casey Hampton wth Whaley's Steeler's connection. If he isn't tagged then we could make a run at him but no way I see us giving up valuable picks for a tagged player.

Larry Foote is another that is going to be a FA. Could fill our OLB need.

now that we are a 3-4 D i think OLB is the least of our worries with maybin probably schobel making switch to OLB but for depth id like larry foote as a starter no way
          Last edited by djjimkelly; 02-07-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DrGraves
            i still don't understand why anyone thinks a FA would want to sign with this god forsaken franchise lol
            The top 3 reasons a FA will sign with a team

1) Money

2) Money

3) Money

Comment

• Griff
              • Jul 2008

there is this thing called money, and despite popular opinion, Ralph does pay it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Simple. Money.

If the Bills offer the most money 99.9% of FAs will come here.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

money

Comment

Working...
                  X