• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Honestly, I think Buddy Nix is gonna be the man

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
    Many on here can - and do - ignore anything positive, including Nix's draft record, Gailey's success as an OC and HC, etc., and doom us to automatic failure.
    Nix may know talent but he's still dependent on Ralph, Brandon and Overdorf to open the purse strings. He's also a first time GM learning on the job.

Gailey's success as an OC? He was fired from his last two jobs after very short stints.

Gailey's success as HC? He snuck into the playoffs twice and lost in the first round both years. Granted, that would be a welcome improvement over how this team has played during the last decade, but it doesn't exactly inspire me to believe he can finally get this team back to the SB.

And even if he is a good coach, see above. He's dependent on other people to find him talent, an area in which this organization has consistently failed.

This is yet another case where Bills fans should be hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ChanGailey
      Veteran Zoner
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Nix may know talent but he's still dependent on Ralph, Brandon and Overdorf to open the purse strings. He's also a first time GM learning on the job.

Gailey's success as an OC? He was fired from his last two jobs after very short stints.

Gailey's success as HC? He snuck into the playoffs twice and lost in the first round both years. Granted, that would be a welcome improvement over how this team has played during the last decade, but it doesn't exactly inspire me to believe he can finally get this team back to the SB.

And even if he is a good coach, see above. He's dependent on other people to find him talent, an area in which this organization has consistently failed.

This is yet another case where Bills fans should be hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
      I don't feel that we shy away from paying rookies. We trade up more often then not, which increases the overall numbers. The things we've shied away from were paying big name coaches, and paying big name free agents. Big contract free agents live up to the numbers very rarely. We signed TKO, Fletcher, Dockery, etc. Granted, they didn't necessarily work out, but I am merely pointing out that Ralph green lighted to pay for it.

He green lighted trading up for JP Losman...

Again, not saying they are Super Bowl bound, but I sure feel as though we're headed in a much better direction than we have since Wade Phillips.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

this is actually the first time i've been optimistic about the upcoming draft and next season for a while. i don't honestly know when the last time i felt that way. i hope Nix and Co. can turn this thing around.
        Last edited by SABURZFAN; 02-10-2010, 01:04 PM.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
          this is actually the first time i've been optimistic about the upcoming draft and next season for a while. i don't honestly know when the last time i felt that way. i hope Nix and Co. can turn this thing around.
          I've actually never been less optimistic about an upcoming season.

This team has far too many holes to fill in one off season: QB, OT, WR, DE, NT, LB and all around depth. On top of that, they are introducing new offensive and defensive systems.

Nix and Gailey may or may not be successful, but they almost certainly won't be successful this upcoming season. It's a full-on rebuilding year.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I've actually never been less optimistic about an upcoming season.

This team has far too many holes to fill in one off season: QB, OT, WR, DE, NT, LB and all around depth. On top of that, they are introducing new offensive and defensive systems.

Nix and Gailey may or may not be successful, but they almost certainly won't be successful this upcoming season. It's a full-on rebuilding year.

i understand what you're saying but not having Skeletor on the sidelines is a step in the right direction. the fact that we have some new blood coming in from the outside gives me some kind of hope that the future is brighter than the past.
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

Scary thought. What if Chan is equally as bad as Jauron was.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83

impossible.....

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I'm super excited for the draft and that's about it.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

I think Nix is one football and talent smart rebel and that is all i have to say about that. does that add up to wins? we shall see.

Comment

• ChanGailey
                      Veteran Zoner
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                      Scarier thought...What if Chan is as bad as BuffaloBlitz83 is?

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

I think it is essential that both Whaley and Nix succeed. The Bills need to get some gems through the draft but it is also essential to not pik up scrubs like thay have in years past in free agency. I am not saying the need to pay top dollar for the top free agents because the Bills cannot compete with the Snyder's, Jones's, etc. What they do need is to get players that will make a positive impact. They have not had that much luck in either the draft or FA the past few years and is one of the main reasons why the Bills have not even sniffed a playoff game in 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X