• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Official Olympic Hockey Thread

Originally posted by SaviorEdwards
    You guys see that the IOC made Miller take the tribute to his cousin (who died of cancer) off of his helmet? Rules are rules, but geez.
    No they didn't - I don't know where you're getting this... they just made him put hockey tape over 'MILLER TIME' and he wrote 'USA' in sharpie over it

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
      No they didn't - I don't know where you're getting this... they just made him put hockey tape over 'MILLER TIME' and he wrote 'USA' in sharpie over it

I watched the game very closely and I didn't see 'Matt Man' on the back of his helmet. The announcers said some of the players were 'allowed' to wear patches for cancer awareness, but yes he was forced to remove the slogan. But if it was too small to see, then I guess I was wrong and the article was wrong.
      Last edited by SaviorEdwards; 02-16-2010, 07:13 PM.
      "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the...es,_propaganda

I watched the game very closely and I didn't see 'Matt Man' on the back of his helmet. The announcers said some of the players were 'allowed' to wear patches for cancer awareness, but yes he was forced to remove the slogan. But if it was too small to see, then I guess I was wrong and the article was wrong.
        You probably need to watch very very closely then.

VANCOUVER, British Columbia – United States hockey goaltender Ryan Miller partially won the battle over designs on his helmet.

The International Olympic Committee allowed Miller to keep on his helmet a tribute to a cousin who died due to complications from leukemia.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
          • Sep 2004

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the...es,_propaganda

Just in case big pictures are easier than all those words.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Enough Helmetgate.

Anyone actually watch the game?

Miller played well, although the goal he allowed was a softie that he should have had.

Team USA was sloppy. They clearly weren't used to playing with their teammates. And they also didn't seem to have respect for the competition. They tried stuff that none of them do in the NHL, like try to skate through 3 guys at the blue line or try to squeeze a cross-ice pass through 3 defenders.

To their credit, they seemed to tighten up as the game went on. They only allowed 4 or 5 real scoring opportunities, and they only committed 2 penalties (one of which probably saved a goal).

I still think Canada, Russia and maybe Sweden are going to light these guys up.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SkateZilla
              tell that to the luge driver....
              If Miller starts wanting to go down an icy shoot on top of a pie plate with two huge skates, I'll get concerned.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• RockStar36
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Enough Helmetgate.

Anyone actually watch the game?

Miller played well, although the goal he allowed was a softie that he should have had.

Team USA was sloppy. They clearly weren't used to playing with their teammates. And they also didn't seem to have respect for the competition. They tried stuff that none of them do in the NHL, like try to skate through 3 guys at the blue line or try to squeeze a cross-ice pass through 3 defenders.

To their credit, they seemed to tighten up as the game went on. They only allowed 4 or 5 real scoring opportunities, and they only committed 2 penalties (one of which probably saved a goal).

I still think Canada, Russia and maybe Sweden are going to light these guys up.
                Agreed.

The one thing they did well was limit the scoring opportunities against them. It's been a while since I've seen a game with Miller where he barely had to work, or so it seemed.

They have a lot of work to do before Sunday's game.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

The Germans look like the old Vancouver Canucks and Hecht is wearing 17....

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

I love watching Sweden. Their puck control is so good and their players are so skilled.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                      The Germans look like the old Vancouver Canucks and Hecht is wearing 17....
                      How was the Hecht vs Tallinder matchup?

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Anyone watching? We are up 2-0!

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

Why is Miller playing this game? At least for the most part he is just standing there.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                            Why is Miller playing this game? At least for the most part he is just standing there.
                            Ron Wilson said he was riding Miller straight through the entire Olympics.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

I forgot to set my damn DVR so I'm stuck just following the box score on the internet until I leave in 1/2 an hour.

So far... Miller has had 2 saves in almost half the game? Wow.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ebenezer
                                Give me a minute...
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                                I forgot to set my damn DVR so I'm stuck just following the box score on the internet until I leave in 1/2 an hour.

So far... Miller has had 2 saves in almost half the game? Wow.

hey, we had to have all those NHL stars so that we could compete...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X