Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Im going to go ahead and call it right now...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Im going to go ahead and call it right now...

CJ Spiller is going to be the Bills pick at 9.

He is proven playmaker, who is a homerun threat as a runningback (something the bills havent seen since Thurman)

We've had good running backs with Henry, McGahee, Lynch, and Jackson but they were never the homerun threat that scare the crap out of defenses in the backfield. Jackson and Lynch are both 4 yards a carry, pounding runners which is needed to keep a consistent running attack, but neither of them are a threat to take it to the house on one play.

Spiller is one of the best players in the draft. This team is in full rebuild mode, and I can guarantee if he is there at 9 Nix will pull the trigger and end up trading the criminal (Lynch) on draft day or afterward.

I know we need an OT, but this draft is extremely deep at tackle and with our high second round pick we should be able to grab someone like Charles Brown from USC or possibly Bruce Campbell if he falls.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Im going to go ahead and call it right now...

I could see it to be honest. I know a lot of people will say oh we need OL and i understand their theory but with the way Davis has lowered his own stock, Williams struggled his senior season, and Bulaga probably going to go before 9, I could see the Bills adding Spiller who they think could be their next Tomlinson

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

its possible, according to what cornell green said, it looks like we are gonna be running the ball like crazy

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Don't think it happens...if Lynch gets traded...maybe...but highly unlikely.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldnt mind it all, and I could see it but I dont think its going to happen.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We need three backs and the home run threat is definitely the missing piece. You trade Lynch, you better replace him with a bruiser as well. I love Jackson but he wouldn't know where the goal line was even if he tripped over it.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just hang on to our two backs and build the damn lines, how many years of crappy drafting do we have to endure?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER
    Just hang on to our two backs and build the damn lines, how many years of crappy drafting do we have to endure?
    I completely agree with this theory but if Baluga is gone when were picking there is a considerable drop off in the talent of tackles that can be had in the 2nd round. In my opinion there isnt much difference in terms of talent between Anthony Davis (who I think is a complete bust...but thats a whole other topic) and someone like Charles Brown.

Obviously people are going to think I'm crazy for suggesting the Spiller pick and linking Anthony Davis to a 2nd round grade....but thats just my opinion, and the fact that the Bills met with Spiller is interesting....
    Last edited by more cowbell; 03-12-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wouldn't be a point in us drafting him right now, to be honest.

Fred Jackson can carry the load as shown last year and if Lynch stays on the roster we have more pressing needs anyways.

Even if Lynch is moved we have more pressing issues elsewhere.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by more cowbell
    I completely agree with this theory but if Baluga is gone when were picking there is a considerable drop off in the talent of tackles that can be had in the 2nd round. In my opinion there isnt much difference in terms of talent between Anthony Davis (who I think is a complete bust...but thats a whole other topic) and someone like Charles Brown.

Obviously people are going to think I'm crazy for suggesting the Spiller pick and linking Anthony Davis to a 2nd round grade....but thats just my opinion, and the fact that the Bills met with Spiller is interesting....
    Geez. How was it in Indianapolis at the NFL Combine? Did you have fun? How did you get your hands on all those game tapes?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Depending on what happens with trades/FA until the time comess, but I don't think I need to see a lot to be convinced of this pick.

Spiller with Lynch/Jackson is great backfield...and Gailey just might be smart enough to use one of them in the slot...or any multiple looks that have more than one on the field at the same time.

If Spiller is the BPA, why not? Cry and piss and moan about the lines all you want, but the OL is not what everybody keeps assuming it is. The current group will exceed expectations. The DL is a concern, but being handled. If we add an OT in the 2nd, DT in 3rd, and fill out the rest of the draft as BN sees fit...we can take Spiller in the 1st, and finally learn what it is like ot have a playmaker on the field!!

Registered User BoyILuvLoznStupidly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He is proven playmaker, who is a homerun threat as a runningback (something the bills havent seen since Thurman)

We've had good running backs with Henry, McGahee, Lynch, and Jackson but they were never the homerun threat that scare the crap out of defenses in the backfield. Jackson and Lynch are both 4 yards a carry, pounding runners which is needed to keep a consistent running attack, but neither of them are a threat to take it to the house on one play.

Spiller is one of the best players in the draft. This team is in full rebuild mode, and I can guarantee if he is there at 9 Nix will pull the trigger and end up trading the criminal (Lynch) on draft day or afterward.

I know we need an OT, but this draft is extremely deep at tackle and with our high second round pick we should be able to grab someone like Charles Brown from USC or possibly Bruce Campbell if he falls.
    I could see this happening and in the second round grabbing Teblow. Just as San Diego did in the 2001 draft.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Talking Re: Im going to go ahead and call it right now...

you failed to mention how Omon "hits the hole."
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're not really going out on a limb here, with so many holes, this team could pick a number of players, both offensive or defensive.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd love it. The Bills have zero elite playmakers. Spiller has the potential to become one. Better to take him than some marginal talent just for the sake of filling a "need."

The Bills need great players, period, and I don't care what position they play.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd give it less that 1% chance of happening at 9

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

if cj spiller is their, even if they cant trade lynch, they still might take him because of his world class, 4.2 speed....

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

having 3 runners like jackson, lynch and spiller means we are running the ball like 40 times a game... are running backs would never be tired! we could then draft saffold, veldheer, ducasse, c brown in the 2nd....

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
    having 3 runners like jackson, lynch and spiller means we are running the ball like 40 times a game... are running backs would never be tired! we could then draft saffold, veldheer, ducasse, c brown in the 2nd....

And teams are putting 8 in the box every down because we can't pass the ball and it won't matter how good the backs are.

On top of the fact our O-line blows.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    And teams are putting 8 in the box every down because we can't pass the ball and it won't matter how good the backs are.

On top of the fact our O-line blows.
    the panthers in 08 couldnt pass the ball that great. they had steve smith and that was it... they ran the ball non stop and people knew it and couldnt stop it. i think gailey wants to be that kind of team...