• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

Re: Source: Steelers would explore trade for Roethlisberger

Originally posted by BillsWin
    I think a first and a second rounder would get him.

In my opinion, the Rams should explore offering their first overall pick.

St. Louis gets a proven franchise QB. Sure he comes with baggage, but they are desperate and to be quite frank, I don't think that team/front office would even know how to raise a young QB.

Also, Pittsburgh gets a shot at Bradford. You won't have to worry about him getting into trouble with the law.
    Would Pittsburgh even want the first overall pick? I'm not so sure they would.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TonyIncredible
      but who does that leave them with batch? LMAO! Even though he's caused them embarrassment I don't think they trade him without asking for some high tenders. I don't think the steelers want to take a plunge down to mediocrity
      Dennis Dixon is the backup, Batch is the 3rd QB. Mike Tomlin is reportedly really likes Dixon.

It is hard to imagine the Steelers trading him, because he is one of the best QB in the NFL. However, he is also a serial rapist, so I can see where they may consider other options.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I would rather make a huge move in 2011 for a franchise QB... Ben's extra curriculum activities make me not want to even consider him here.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

So the bills are interested in the QB they wanted originally but missed out on. I wonder how Ben does behind a crap line that the bills currently have.

Comment

• TonyIncredible
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by NE39
            Dennis Dixon is the backup, Batch is the 3rd QB. Mike Tomlin is reportedly really likes Dixon.

It is hard to imagine the Steelers trading him, because he is one of the best QB in the NFL. However, he is also a serial rapist, so I can see where they may consider other options.
            truly noted and i do agree to a degree but what I'm saying is the QBs they do have on their roster are not going to produce right off the bat. They would end up with a 8-8 record at best mostly in part by their defense.

He may be high on Dixon but the question is are the fans? If they have 3 to 4 seasons of no producing they'll be calling for Tomlin's head mark it down! It will not sit well for the fans from going and being one of the most big powerhouses to being reduced down to basement feeders with the browns.

Take last season for instance with the injury big ben sustained, the steelers weren't the same. It goes to show that even if he is a rapist and so fourth he is their franchise at the moment.
            Last edited by TonyIncredible; 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM.
            Still The One and Only

Comment

• wmoz11
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus
              So the bills are interested in the QB they wanted originally but missed out on. I wonder how Ben does behind a crap line that the bills currently have.
              The Steelers' line is every bit as bad.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by wmoz11
                The Steelers' line is every bit as bad.
                I disagre, the steelers line might be bad, but.. Our OL is the cadillac of craptasticness. mostly because of the huge unkown we have at T's, and the lack of experience the majority of the OL has....

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Hes a *****. no

Comment

• billz83
                    • Mar 2010

The bills are too cheap to go after him end of story.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

if ben's on the blocks, i guarantee the bills are asking about it.

if they want an upstanding young gentleman of a QB, we have trent to offer.

and ddaryl got my point, the bills line was like unprecedentedly bad last year. I've never seen anything like it. none of our QB's had more than 3 seconds to get rid of a pass. no one survives behind this line as is.

That being said, i trust that nix realizes the same thing.

Comment

• cpearl
                        • Mar 2005

Compared to OJ, this guy is a saint.

Get er done Ralphie.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by NE39
                          he is also a serial rapist, so I can see where they may consider other options.
                          Lock up yer daughters and bring him in!

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Rumors have been circulating that St. Louis was willing to discuss this year's number one pick and their number one pick next season for Ben.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jaybird
                              • Dec 2005

I am surprised that almost everyone is against bringing him in. I know it would require a lot in return, however, Big Ben is a Big winner and a great QB

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                                • Jan 2010

I think he would be worth whatever they are asked for to bring him in. He is an awesome QB that thrives even with a crap O Line. He is exactly what we need until our O Line is up to par. I'd rather have him with his so-called "issues" shaking off sacks than some rookie getting his head knocked off and put on IR.

Comment

Working...
                                X